SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt terech won Chelsea heights apparently and rumour has it the coach down there is gone. AGM down there today and there are big changes got the mail from Irish ....

Matt terech won Chelsea heights apparently and rumour has it the coach down there is gone. AGM down there today and there are big changes got the mail from Irish ....

Coaches for 2015 so far
DINGLEY: Shane Morwood
BENTLEIGH: Paul Dimattina
ST PAULS: Mark Dessentt
EAST MALVERN: Justin Cowell
MORDIALLOC: Sam Anstey
EAST BRIGHTON Ben Murphy
ST KILDA CITY Alan Loyd
CHELTENHAM
CLAYTON
CHELSEA HEIGHTS

Last edited:
Would of thought Ben Murphy would be a lock at East - Be a long time since there was 6 new coaches for a season in Div 1 !
He recommitted mid season. We rate him the No 1 coach in the league so job is his as long as he wants it.
Not taking pot shots at Morwood but I think he clearly outcoached him .
The hours of video he studied on them, and the meticulous planning certainly paid off

He recommitted mid season. We rate him the No 1 coach in the league so job is his as long as he wants it.
Not taking pot shots at Morwood but I think he clearly outcoached him .
The hours of video he studied on them, and the meticulous planning certainly paid off
Morwood played AFL though and has the best list in the comp. Just been really stiff 2 years running. Might aswell recruit a few more stars

The game was going along similar to last week against East Brighton. Dingley were staying in touch but could not kick 2 goals in a row. The opposition after weathering a fair bit of heat would then get it forward and 1 of their clever forwards would kick a goal against the run of play. Then it clicked.

Dingley got 2 goals and the crowd came alight. A third followed and then Deano marked well and coolly slotted his 4th to put us in front. 4 goals in the last 10 mins is a tough way to win and well done to St.Pauls for the way they played and their show of respect to our players after the siren. A very good club who can hold their heads high.

What is a record is that no other side has finished on top and lost the Grand Final by so much

We now have 4 Grand Finals to prepare for this week which must be some sort of record not only in this comp.

"Go Dingoes"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On another note boys have heard some news that East Malven have recruited heavely and thrown out the checkbook to 5-6 country players and are still on the hunt for more. The players that I have heard a very good country footballers and are so called football mercenaries where they go from club to club. Hope it's good thing for the comp East Malven are going to be strong but wheather they can sustain it will be another question. I'm more than happy that the panthers have chased some club sluts. It will make the comp stronger for next year anyway and I would be very worried if I were some of the top tier clubs because you have another contender to worry about. Watch the space

I have heard the same thing, they will be top 3 next year for sure, think you will find that a least three of the 5 or 6 are from Killy Bass, interestingly the same club a current gun FF played at for three years.........watch this space

I have heard the same thing, they will be top 3 next year for sure, think you will find that a least three of the 5 or 6 are from Killy Bass, interestingly the same club a current gun FF played at for three years.........watch this space

No doubt they are making a pitch to LJ to come over to the Panthers. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Coaches for 2015 so far
DINGLEY: Shane Morwood
BENTLEIGH: Paul Dimattina
ST PAULS: Mark Dessentt
EAST MALVERN: Justin Cowell
MORDIALLOC: Sam Anstey
EAST BRIGHTON Ben Murphy
ST KILDA CITY Alan Loyd
CHELTENHAM
CLAYTON
CHELSEA HEIGHTS

Only three coaching spots to fill
CHELTENHAM
CLAYTON
CHELSEA HEIGHTS

No doubt they are making a pitch to LJ to come over to the Panthers. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
I highly doubt LJ would leave to go to another club in the SFL has family connections down at the doggies, but I could see him move to another club outside the SFL

I highly doubt LJ would leave to go to another club in the SFL has family connections down at the doggies, but I could see him move to another club outside the SFL

You'd be surprised, but yeah his family the Cathcarts have a long history with St Pauls and Cal is going around for 2015 so would be surprised if he left. I think East Malvern aren't the only ones talking to these boys from Kilcunda Bass, and wouldn't be surprised if they rolled out in Doggies colours next year.

You'd be surprised, but yeah his family the Cathcarts have a long history with St Pauls and Cal is going around for 2015 so would be surprised if he left. I think East Malvern aren't the only ones talking to these boys from Kilcunda Bass, and wouldn't be surprised if they rolled out in Doggies colours next year.
Will you and A. McIntyre be running around in St.Pauls jumpers next year?

Heavyweight ( Excuse the pun ) power broker Rod Gamlin to be City's new president next year.
No doubt he'll be working hard to get his beloved saints back up the ladder again

Will you and A. McIntyre be running around in St.Pauls jumpers next year?

I won't be as I've just moved to Kuala Lumpur for work.

I will be running out next weekend with the Malaysia Warriors in the Asian Champs alongside Daniel Chick (ex Eagle/Hawk) and Corey Weekes (ex.Chelt player) which should be a bit of fun!!

A-Mak is potentially moving to Sydney for work, so it may very well be his last year also in Doggies colours.........then again we may start up a thirds when we are old fat bastards if and when we move back to Melbourne.

Who wins the medal tonight - out of three, my tip is Gilbert from Noodles then Lawry ( only played 10 or 11 games) he will get plenty of 3's good efffort to finish top 3. Apparently he now lives in Sorrento will be interesting to see if he travels next year or a Rye / Sorrento / Dromana throw the kitchen sink at him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back