SFNL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous if clubs can’t charge an entry fee. They’re legitimate tenants of the property and should be able to for a few hours a week what... nine times a year? It’s entertainment ffs.

And Glen Eira lol... there couldn’t be an area in Melbourne with more green space, I’m sure the dog walkers would find a million other places.

As for not having gates etc, it’s not too hard. You can charge cars and put somebody on common entry points. You get the odd tightarse but still plenty will pay.

The idea i'd come up with at St Pauls which we never implemented was not for an entry fee per se but a gold coin donation to the club. Not compulsory, but most i think would tip in $1 - $2 to help support local footy.

Most people are happy to pay a fair amount, in the EFL clubs charge about $8 IIRC, you’re getting a few hours entertainment and it’s all organised by volunteers, it’s not much to pay.

Any known movements in div 1 ?

Any whispers ?
I’ve heard Hartung is on the move interstate to play state league footy in hope of an AFL contract.

mordialloc is the one I would love to see, semmell and co. Will they stay or leave in 2020 with a new coach.

St Paul’s, will be the same strong club as usual. Will maintain their list and become a force.

East Malvern seem to be quiet at the moment but you can bet they will be keeping their cards close to their chest.

Dingley will be the same competitive team, as mentioned in my earlier comments about them winning the flag this year in 2019, they will be the early favourites coming into next season. Peet, Davidson, fit Rusan only some that will be big for them next year.

St Kilda city, only time will tell. Will they have the standard mass exedus? Or will this be there first season in a long long time they keep the Youth and core. Interesting..

bentleigh are the sleeping giants who will be a team to compete with in 2020.

Cheltenham. Will want redemption, I seen Owens their VFL star signed with old mentonians, interesting to see who recommits again, but will be a force with their list being 1 year older in a system.

I have also heard that hartung is heading interstate . And is better off playing higher grade football .

Dingley wont have to do much to be one of the main contenders again .

I hear that a x delisted ruckman from stkilda is heading to easy Malvern ( whispers )

Whispers have it that mordialloc will lose a fair few players back to the vafa .

Maybe stkilda city might keep there youth with the two hoy boys coaching at the club again .

I hear that Derbyshire and Morris from mordy are in talks with dingley !

I have also heard that hartung is heading interstate . And is better off playing higher grade football .

Dingley wont have to do much to be one of the main contenders again .

I hear that a x delisted ruckman from stkilda is heading to easy Malvern ( whispers )

Whispers have it that mordialloc will lose a fair few players back to the vafa .

Maybe stkilda city might keep there youth with the two hoy boys coaching at the club again .

I hear that Derbyshire and Morris from mordy are in talks with dingley !
Time will tell

I’ve heard Hartung is on the move interstate to play state league footy in hope of an AFL contract.

mordialloc is the one I would love to see, semmell and co. Will they stay or leave in 2020 with a new coach.

St Paul’s, will be the same strong club as usual. Will maintain their list and become a force.

East Malvern seem to be quiet at the moment but you can bet they will be keeping their cards close to their chest.

Dingley will be the same competitive team, as mentioned in my earlier comments about them winning the flag this year in 2019, they will be the early favourites coming into next season. Peet, Davidson, fit Rusan only some that will be big for them next year.

St Kilda city, only time will tell. Will they have the standard mass exedus? Or will this be there first season in a long long time they keep the Youth and core. Interesting..

bentleigh are the sleeping giants who will be a team to compete with in 2020.

Cheltenham. Will want redemption, I seen Owens their VFL star signed with old mentonians, interesting to see who recommits again, but will be a force with their list being 1 year older in a system.
Bentleigh signed a delisted Melbourne player from this tear. Could be a big pick up.

QUOTE="Greg Tivendale, post: 63449033, member: 145506"]
It's not the league it's local council. Glen Eira Council won't let any clubs within their region charge entry to games. Being the treasurer at St Pauls for a couple of years it was very frustrating as the additional money sure would help cover the operational side of things.
[/QUOTE]
I bet you if the clubs offered 50% of the gate to the Council, they would jump all over it.

QUOTE="Greg Tivendale, post: 63449033, member: 145506"]
It's not the league it's local council. Glen Eira Council won't let any clubs within their region charge entry to games. Being the treasurer at St Pauls for a couple of years it was very frustrating as the additional money sure would help cover the operational side of things.
I bet you if the clubs offered 50% of the gate to the Council, they would jump all over it.
[/QUOTE]

Their line was "we don't allow gate charges within the Glen Eira municipality as access to ovals and local sport should be free to all"..........

Dingoes with some good signings,ex juniors with vfl experience coming back to the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sumner (East Malvern) gone to Lang Lang Tigers next season. Must be a maximum pointer. AFL - St Bedes - E Malvern - Lang Lang. How many points is that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back