Multiplat Shadow of Mordor

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to buy it today and was sold out.

I blame Iggy, Alex & Padman for hyping it to the point where I wanted it.
I was in Dick Smith a couple of weekends ago and they were sold out - definitely their fault.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I take no blame.

Re: Being bored once you get to the 2nd area, I was the complete opposite. I had even more fun when I got there. So pretty.
Yeah same.

The area was much better. The captains were stronger. And I was looking forward to controlling them

just got to the 2nd map.. This game is good, but I am finding myself getting bored with it

I've found the same thing, the fighting is awesome but I find the side quests a bit shallow as there's no real side story to go with it. With only 20 main quests which I'm trying hold back on, the story and plot seems a little bit empty.

Finished all sword, dagger, bow missions. Got all artifacts and ithildin. Finished hunter and survivor missions. 2 more story, and quite a few slave missions to go.

Free DLC coming, btw.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/10/21/free-shadow-of-mordor-dlc-includes-saurons-black-hand-skin
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is set to get free DLC including new Epic Runes and the ability to play as the Black Hand of Sauron.

Warner Bros. has announced the Power of Shadow bundle is available now for Xbox One and will hit PS4 and PC "soon". Along with the new skin, three Runes have been included:

• One with Nature – Immunity to Poison attacks from Uruk Captains or Ghuls.
  • Ascendant – Double Focus Time for slow motion ranged combat.
  • Elven Grace – Increased defence which halves the damage of enemy strikes.
http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/10/21/free-shadow-of-mordor-dlc-includes-saurons-black-hand-skin

tumblr_ndtsh7woLU1rwd646o1_500.jpg

Okay so no luck finding a copy of Shadow of Mordor, however Dick Smith had a copy of Shadow of Mordo* out back.

That's just as good right?

*Poor phone photography skills to blame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"
  • One with Nature – Immunity to Poison attacks from Uruk Captains or Ghuls. "

Pretty sure there's already an Epic Rune which makes the character immune to poison..? In fact...i'm certain i have it equipped!
Havn't noticed being damaged from poison attacks from Captains since either...... Weird that they have a new one for it.

"

Pretty sure there's already an Epic Rune which makes the character immune to poison..? In fact...i'm certain i have it equipped!
Havn't noticed being damaged from poison attacks from Captains since either...... Weird that they have a new one for it.
INB4 yours gets nerfed.

"

Yeah, I've got it too.

I'm also sick of the animals continually eating the guys with intel.

Why do they always kill the ones with intel first? Does the secrets they hold make them more tasty?
Depending on where you are, if you can brand people, you can always gain intel by meeting up with branded captain/warchief.

Warchiefs are especially good, because they will have captains as bodyguards, and that can be like 2-5 intel right there and then.

Later in the abilities, you can get shadow mount, where you can mount anything just by aiming your bow at it.

In the process of hunting warchiefs.

Game is starting to frustrate me, got destroyed first attempt because he had 4 guards. So I tried to take them out 1 by 1 and I keep getting ambushed by other guys and now he has 3 captains defending him :mad:
Also, enjoy the game while it's still hard :p

I don't mind one ambush or something but I was trying to take out one Captain and ran into 4 other bosses trying to do so.

Bastard survived and is now level 15. I need to get better quickly

Story of my life with the game. So many captains randomly turn up when I am battling another captain. It's fun sometimes others super frustrating.

Story of my life with the game. So many captains randomly turn up when I am battling another captain. It's fun sometimes others super frustrating.

I'm enjoying the game, but it can be frustrating when these elements escalate. I eliminated 3 out of the 4 this Warchief's guards. Then he promotes another so there are still 2. Not to mention that all 3 of the ones I eliminated have all come back to life despite killing them already. One of them came back once I had restarted the mission.

I finally defeated the bastard though. Just have another 3 to kill now.

Just finished the game 100%, just handful of random trophies until platinum. Will attempt them at a later date, all Mordor'd out and have some other games to finish in the meantime.

Overall a 8/10 game for me. Repetitiveness of missions and the very weak boss "fights" at the end the only let downs. The game nailed the combat mechanics and for that to be MIA at the end was really surprising.

Brilliant game though, certainly ahead in the GOTY race for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back