Multiplat Shadow of Mordor

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'm pretty much stuck. I'm just going to do the random sword and bow etc. missions until I'm good enough to take them on. Right now I can completely clear the area except the chief and his few mates and I still die within a minute.
What is the guy's info? Can you take a screen cap or pic of it?

What is the guy's info? Can you take a screen cap or pic of it?

One of them is vulnerable to long range. I shoot the bastard with arrows and the damage is like .5%

I haven't found out the weaknesses of the other one, was about to do the mind reading thing on a captain but then another captain turned up out of nowhere, shot me like 3 times in a second aaaaand I died.

One of them is vulnerable to long range. I shoot the bastard with arrows and the damage is like .5%

I haven't found out the weaknesses of the other one, was about to do the mind reading thing on a captain but then another captain turned up out of nowhere, shot me like 3 times in a second aaaaand I died.
Upgrade your bow, do some side quests, get some good runes. And aim for the head. Get enough arrows, get a big distance after some fire or catagores and just spam arrows to their head.

Getting intel might be easier than mind reading a captain. Green orcs (in Wraith mode) are the best if you can't find intel on the ground

Finished the main story last night. Really good game. Definitely has life to it after the main story is done. I am now trying to brand as many captains and warchiefs as I can and then I will try and eliminate all the warchiefs before they can be replaced to get the trophy.

Upgrade your bow, do some side quests, get some good runes. And aim for the head. Get enough arrows, get a big distance after some fire or catagores and just spam arrows to their head.

Getting intel might be easier than mind reading a captain. Green orcs (in Wraith mode) are the best if you can't find intel on the ground

I did it! I kept doing side missions and got runes and upgrades. I ended up going for the lower level warchief who only had one bodyguard(I unknowingly killed the other one before I arrived). He seemed impossible the last couple of times I tried to kill him. A couple of other captains turned up half way through the fight but was a bit too late for them.

Thanks for the tips!

I did it! I kept doing side missions and got runes and upgrades. I ended up going for the lower level warchief who only had one bodyguard(I unknowingly killed the other one before I arrived). He seemed impossible the last couple of times I tried to kill him. A couple of other captains turned up half way through the fight but was a bit too late for them.

Thanks for the tips!
Congratulations! How satisfying is it to finally kill off one of those guys after they've knocked you back a bunch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same. Havn't finished it because of that. Was a really good game though.

It was ok. A very good game would have kept my attention to finish it.

The 2 above have no idea what they're talking about. I loved it and one of those games I wish I could go in fresh like how you wish you want to watch The West Wing for the first time again.

I found it got very boring once you hit the second map.
Same. Havn't finished it because of that. Was a really good game though.
Somewhat agree. Would've been cool to get branding earlier on and expand the plot more with that.

But finding cool and interesting ways to kill Captains is still good fun

I really enjoyed my time with the game, but I wouldn't call it one of the best games of all time like a few have here.

It was probably the best game released last year, but that was an exceptionally weak field. I can name 6 games this year that I would rate higher than this, but this year appears to be one of those very special years for gaming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back