Sheezel Given Two Year Contract Extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton

Talk about crapping their dacks....... after one game (admittedly a very good one), they are worried about another club pinching him. :oops:

Probably needed to be done. Couldn't risk another jhf scenario.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Given? More likely they got down on their knees and begged.

He was just on 360 talking. Well spoken …looks like a Spartan prince..clean living good lad.

He was a HFC fan as a boy and had a photo taken with everyone’s favourite angry hobbit ..Clarko.

And here he is having him as his coach in his debut game.

Clarkson has done well to convince Cheezel that his destiny is with North.

Incredible really…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adding one more year as a way of amending the contract to add more $$$/security to it is pretty common for high pics. 2 years is a little unusual, but hardly crazy.

I dare say they've been in talks for a while, with a bit of difference between them, and after the weekend, North accepted Sheezel's managers position (before he hiked it up further).

It'd be a shock if they didn't.

I assume all such extensions include a decent jump. Possibly not for this year (contracts settled, cap set), but for the remainder of the contract, almost certainly.
You'd have to wonder why he'd accept an extension without a pay bump

I heard he realised the average life span of a North Melbourne Coach is around 3 years and after reading the JHF thread hopes he can sneak out the back door whilst the fanbase is preoccupied with the Clarko sacking.
You probably thought this was really clever and witty while writing it down and giggled like an idiot when you hit send.

That’s unfortunate

Talk about crapping their dacks....... after one game (admittedly a very good one), they are worried about another club pinching him. :oops:

I know Carlton fans wouldn't be used to drafting anyone talented enough to command an extension so soon, but this isn't a new phenomena. Brisbane extended Ashcroft for 2 years prior to him ever playing a game.

IMO there should be a mechanism for clubs to initially offer a 4 year contract or within the first 12 months extend by an additional 2 years for first rounders + a certain portion of the salary for those additional two years should sit outside the cap.

I know Carlton fans wouldn't be used to drafting anyone talented enough to command an extension so soon, but this isn't a new phenomena. Brisbane extended Ashcroft for 2 years prior to him ever playing a game.

IMO there should be a mechanism for clubs to initially offer a 4 year contract or within the first 12 months extend by an additional 2 years for first rounders + a certain portion of the salary for those additional two years should sit outside the cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back