Sheffield Shield Round 9: NSW v Tasmania @ Bankstown

Remove this Banner Ad

Belts two sixes in a total of 19 runs, then heaves across the line and LBW (??).

And people talk about him being a Test opener......

Typical Maddinson. To be fair and I'll try and say this nicely. He is the most talented batsman (young) in Australia period. We will hope maddinson clicks as he could be something special. I see him as a middle order bat, I don't see him as an opener anyway. If he gets rid of the slog shots he would be so much better. When he plays normal cricket shots he does well.

Rohrer has barely scored a run in a year why he is a walk up start I'll never know!
Um, he just scored nearly 300 runs in the Futures League...

He's an allrounder like Ryan Harris used to be an "allrounder". Bit of talent with the bat in the u19s, never translated to FC. Still no bunny, but I think it's time Cricinfo updated their profile.

Harris could bat more than Abbott! Abbott reminds me of a drunk that keeps swinging! You never know you might hit 1 in 10

Harris could bat more than Abbott! Abbott reminds me of a drunk that keeps swinging! You never know you might hit 1 in 10

Harris is a significantly better batsman now than he was 6 or 7 years ago.

And Abbott isn't THAT bad. He averages 21 in OD cricket, which is handy. Agree that he's not the smartest batsman around though. SOK should definitely bat higher than him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harris is a significantly better batsman now than he was 6 or 7 years ago.

And Abbott isn't THAT bad. He averages 21 in OD cricket, which is handy. Agree that he's not the smartest batsman around though. SOK should definitely bat higher than him.

It was a strange case with Harris. He was a very accomplished lower order batsman in domestic cricket, but had an awful first couple of years with the bat in test cricket. Settled down nicely now though, but it was baffling at the time seeing him rack up duck after duck knowing his ability.

It was a strange case with Harris. He was a very accomplished lower order batsman in domestic cricket, but had an awful first couple of years with the bat in test cricket. Settled down nicely now though, but it was baffling at the time seeing him rack up duck after duck knowing his ability.

He wasn't THAT good a batsman at domestic level. He was handy at number 8 and that's it. About where I'd put Abbott.

He wasn't THAT good a batsman at domestic level. He was handy at number 8 and that's it. About where I'd put Abbott.

Not saying he was a genuine allrounder or anything (although he reckoned he was pushing it in his book), but I just have memories of a Queensland lower order lineup of Harris, Hauritz and Noffke being consistently successful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back