'Should have gone to the Gold Coast' - Let us reflect...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
been to both Tas grounds, and the conditions are hard to play in when the wind is up, but its no different to what I've seen in Darwin or QLD when the storms roll in.

As for relocation, there is a fair argument that Melb Metro is supporting 1-2 too many teams. But there is a fair argument that it isn't as well. Its a tough thing to do to signed up members and paying supporters and expect them to continue supporting the AFL brand.

If North and StK were relocated, thats approx 60k in tickets that may still turn up, but many also give it away. Thats a decent hit to revenue.

As for Gold Coast. Whichever idiot thought it would be a great idea to set up a franchise in what is in essence our version of Ibiza, with paid up kids in their 20's, push the brand like they were rockstars and not expect this outcome.....

What would a Gold Coast-North merged best 22 look like?
KK - May - McDonald
McKenzie - Tarrant - Saad
Swallow Ablett Swallow
Thomas - Lynch - Harvey
Martin - Dixon - P.Wright
Goldstein - Prestia - Jaeger
Ziebell - Bennell - Matera - Garlett

decent emergencies in Turner, Miller and i forget if it's Wright or Gibson who is decent at north.

As for relocation, there is a fair argument that Melb Metro is supporting 1-2 too many teams. But there is a fair argument that it isn't as well. Its a tough thing to do to signed up members and paying supporters and expect them to continue supporting the AFL brand.

If North and StK were relocated, thats approx 60k in tickets that may still turn up, but many also give it away. Thats a decent hit to revenue.

As for Gold Coast. Whichever idiot thought it would be a great idea to set up a franchise in what is in essence our version of Ibiza, with paid up kids in their 20's, push the brand like they were rockstars and not expect this outcome…..
:confused::confused::confused:

perhaps right the wrongs of the past all at once ... how about the Tasmanian Suns ><
Doesn't make a lot of sense when most of us haven't even seen the bloody thing.

KK - May - McDonald
Swallow Ablett Swallow
Thomas - Lynch - Harvey

decent emergencies in Turner, Miller and i forget if it's Wright or Gibson who is decent at north.

Wow, with that line up it's a wonder they didn't go for the merge.

really?

who cares how good they would be, i would never want to move just like roos supporters wouldn't want to move.

if saints ever had to move i deffenlty wont be going for them if its not in melbourne

Only problem is, it wouldn't have been a merge, it was a proposed relocation. Therefore the list of the Roos would be pretty similar to what it is now, and the Suns players would be spread around the league to different teams, because the draft wouldn't be affected by a new team.

KK - May - McDonald
Swallow Ablett Swallow
Thomas - Lynch - Harvey

Peter Wright has played 2 games?? Cunnington won our B&F last year, McDonald is playng twos. You don't have a very good handle on our team.

KK - May - McDonald
Swallow Ablett Swallow
Thomas - Lynch - Harvey

Merge them now and I bet Bennell would be traded off as surplus to requirements.

KK - May - McDonald
Swallow Ablett Swallow
Thomas - Lynch - Harvey

Trent Mckenize is a stinker player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KK - May - McDonald
Swallow Ablett Swallow
Thomas - Lynch - Harvey

You have no idea, can't tell the difference between sam wright and sam Gibson maybe you should watch more than one of Norths games this year

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

been to both Tas grounds, and the conditions are hard to play in when the wind is up, but its no different to what I've seen in Darwin or QLD when the storms roll in.

As for Gold Coast. Whichever idiot thought it would be a great idea to set up a franchise in what is in essence our version of Ibiza, with paid up kids in their 20's, push the brand like they were rockstars and not expect this outcome.....

Who would gave thought that another team nay bite the dust on the Gold Coast , it's Virgin sporting territory

Would love to know what the original poster's on this thread think now 3 years down the track. Gold Coast are a basket case and should never have even been considered as an 18th team and the events of the last 6 months only prove that.

So where's that leave North?

So where's that leave North?
North are exactly where they were a week ago when i looked back at this post. Play some good footy, like playing at Etihad on a fast easy surface and drop games they shouldn't. We can't all be premiers every year. As for Gold Coast, i'm not here to pick apart their list. I'm talking about the off field issues they have including pretty average crowd numbers. To be fair though the AFL is doing them no favours playing games at 4:30 on a Saturday afternoon. How will you grow a game when you put it in the worst time slot for the weekend over and over?

To be fair though the AFL is doing them no favours playing games at 4:30 on a Saturday afternoon. How will you grow a game when you put it in the worst time slot for the weekend over and over?
For Queenslanders it's the best timeslot for attending. The old 7.40pm timeslot was awful

So it's 4 years since this post was first brought up.........How about that powerhouse on and off the field Gold Coast Suns? Funny but it's all I've been hearing about in the last few days and now even Leigh Matthews has said that the Gold Coast can't support a team, the Lions are struggling and they should merge. What a waste of resources and money in an area that clearly does not care for Australian Rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back