Moved Thread Should the AFL have a full pride round?

Should the AFL have a LGBTQIA+ pride round?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Depending on your definition of transitioning, between 3% and 0.15% of people who transition regret transitioning.

I acknowledge that this still leaves a subset of the population that regrets their transition, but 3% of what is already a small percentage of the population (39 from 10,000 individuals) is much lower than the binary you're proposing as equal.

That examples exist does not entail that those examples are representative of a wider population.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a read.

You are acting like it would take the form of giving them a piece of paper with the dictionary definition of "consent" written on it.

Why?
Because as I posted earlier, it seems it is alluded that a proper education is needed on sex education for the purposes of teaching kindy age kids about consent.

That is not required, all that is required is what liberal democratic societies have been doing for over a century now. What / who is good / bad.

Last edited:
Because as I posted earlier, it seems it is alluded that a proper education is needed on sex education for the purposes of teaching kindy age kids about consent.

That is not required, all that is required is what liberal democratic have been doing for over a century now. What / who is good / bad.

The usual suspects trying to put words in your mouth when your posts speak for themselves in totality.

In the past I've come across attitudes, especially from left leaning individuals, that today's teachers are overloaded with far too many educational tasks/checklists at schools and whinge and complain constantly that it is ridiculous/insane/irresponsible/unfair/etc.. to expect them to also act as de facto parents to their students.

On this issue though, unsurprisingly, those same left leaning individuals (most teachers lean left, especially public school ones) are probably more than happy to spend hours waxing lyrical to Primary age children that are not their own about a topic that close to their hearts, sexual minorities.

I'm sympathetic to your own experience and others like it, but never-the-less I stand firm in the belief that teachers do not have the automatic right to broach a subject with Primary school aged students that is considered a fairly delicate one by the vast majority of parents unless they have had permission beforehand from them to do so.

It is the height of arrogance to dismiss and potentially circumvent the parents wishes on how this topic should be approached with their own children and think that some unrelated adult knows better. Many children would not be mentally mature enough to fully comprehend and process what they've been told. Parents are the ones best placed to know when their own children are mentally ready to process that information and how it should to be delivered to them. This stance shouldn't be controversial but here we are.

The same applies to religion or any other subject matter that's not a core age appropriate school subject. I say age appropriate because as I've said previously I'm 100% for sex ed/sexuality being taught in High Schools. Students aged 13 and over should definitely be taught about sex ed/sexuality as part of the school curriculum, no issues with that and I'll go as far as to say that it should be a core essential subject.

Primary schools (it seems it's mostly public ones that want to overstep the mark in this matter) though should stick to teaching typical school curriculum material and discussions revolving about sexuality should be left to their own parents unless the parents themselves have requested and confirmed that they're okay with Primary school teachers taking on that responsibility.
You can really tell when someone hasn't read the curriculum.

From levels 1-2 of the Victorian curriculum, Personal and Social Capabilities:
Identify how families can have a range of relationships
(VCPSCSO011)
From 3-4:
Examine the similarities and differences between individuals and groups based on factors such as sex, age, ability, language, culture and religion (VCPSCSO020)
Identify the importance of including others in activities, groups and games
(VCPSCSO022)
From 5-6:
Define and recognise examples of stereotypes, discrimination and prejudice and discuss how they impact on the individual (VCPSCSO030)
Describe the characteristics of respectful relationships and suggest ways that respectful relationships can be achieved (VCPSCSO031)
From levels 5-6 of the Health and Physical Education curriculum:
Explore how identities are influenced by people and places
(VCHPEP105)
Investigate resources to manage changes and transitions associated with puberty
(VCHPEP106)
Investigate how celebrating similarities and differences can strengthen communities
(VCHPEP114)
The vast majority of what you're complaining about in that post is in the curriculum. You may not like this or think it should be, but that you're blaming teachers for supposedly being activists in their lessons indicates a level of ignorance concerning what actually goes on in a classroom or the responsibilities of teachers within it.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't care. However, If it would help LGBTQIA+ persons in any way then sure.
Apparently we are getting stuck with a "magic round" what ever the * that is.
Not sure there are that many Magicians in Oz that need a hand up and recognition.
Are there any? Are they being marginalised?
Why does the AFL care about magicians?

Happy for a Pride round in it's place.
At least it would have a point other than sucking the dick of the broadcasters.

Apparently we are getting stuck with a "magic round" what ever the * that is.
Not sure there are that many Magicians in Oz that need a hand up and recognition.
Are there any? Are they being marginalised?
Why does the AFL care about magicians?

Happy for a Pride round in it's place.
At least it would have a point other than sucking the dick of the broadcasters.

Its a magic round because the NRL had that initiative and its regarded as a success.

Gil doesnt want the AFL copy to be called a magic round because ..... :oops:

Yep. She’s the very definition of a bigot, actually.

If you want to be truly tolerant, you have be intolerant of intolerance. Of course, many people can’t get their heads around that.
To understand a man you must stand under him!
Sphinx-Mystery-Men-Wes-Studi.jpg

Back