Brownlow Should the AFL overturn the Cripps Brownlow decision?

Vote YES if you demand the AFL take Patrick Cripps Brownlow Medal from him.

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno, I kind of like it

Has any club ever provided the Coleman and Brownlow medallists yet somehow missed the finals?! 😀
It happened before, not too long ago.
I remember Tony Lockett in 1987 won both awards at St.Kilda, with only 9 wins for season.
I believe it happened at Carlton in 1961 too.
Someone called Carroll won the Coleman Medal and Brownlow Medal was John James.

Given the uproar caused by Patrick Cripps history-making victory in the Brownlow medal tally, should the AFL overturn the result?

Vote YES if you are ready to go down to Crown Palladium and overturn cars!
I have some flares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted this earlier
someone girlfriend GIF
I don't agree. Go back to discussing your precious priority pick and finally landing a "big fish" in Griffin Logue.

Not the same club but I remember in 1990, Liberatore (Foots) and Longmire (NM) won the Brownlow and Coleman respectively. Neither club made finals.
Saints in 1987 also had both and finished 10th out of 14 (granted the Brownlow and Coleman winners were inhabiting the same body, but still)

While the overturn of Cripps suspension was the incorrect call, you can't overturn the Brownlow because of it. He didn't do anything to cheat. He went through the process to try to get himself off like any other player in that situation and was successful. The administrators of the game made a mistake.

It would like overturning a games result due to a poor umpiring decision at a crucial time of a game.

Last edited:
While the overturn of Cripps suspension was the incorrect call, you can't overturn the Brownlow because of it. He didn't do anything to cheat. He went through the process to try to get himself off like any other player in that situation and was successful. The administrators of the game made a mistake.

It would like overturning a games result due to a poor umpiring decision of paying a free kick that was there or not paying a free kick at a crucial moment.
Yes it's in the books now, just a bit of fun

He had a pretty good year and is a worthy winner [said between gritted teeth]

It would like overturning a games result due to a poor umpiring decision at a crucial time of a game.

Yes the administrators of the game did make a mistake and have been made to look really stupid because of it.

The AFL doesn’t like to be made to look stupid so I’m surprised they didn’t do something to make sure Cripps didn’t win it.

Back