should we go for experience ?

Remove this Banner Ad

mentalgrind

All Australian
Nov 28, 2001
bunbury
AFL Club
West Coast
The last couple of seasons we have concerntrated heavily on drafting quality young players and rebuilding the club. this trade season should we target some established players to bolster our list and speed the development of some of the younger guys.

Thoughts?

I think we should definately go for a 'Jonathan Hay' type & a 'Brad Ottens' type.

He would would go about aqquiring these types of players is unknown, as most of our list that would have to be traded in a deal involving such players are in the comfort zone (meaning that they wont be traded, or cant be traded for such a player).

I hope I didn't confuse you :)

I think our team can win the flag before 2006 (inc) if we have some KPPs. I don't think what we have got now will be developed enough next year. We have enough youth to last us through this 'window of opportunity', so I think we should go for a big name KPP. Maybe one of the below players would be enough to put us within scoring range next season.

Johnathon Hay, Alistair Nicholson, Leppitsch or Mal Michael worth a try.

hmmm interesting question, but the only area I'd be looking for a trade is for Key Position backman like Jon Hay.....

Although Brad Ottens would be very nice, but that's probably out of the question.

Originally posted by bunsen burner

Johnathon Hay, Alistair Nicholson, Leppitsch or Mal Michael worth a try.

Hay, Leppitsch or Michael would be good for you guys but I don't think you could get them and Nicholson wouldn't be worth the trouble IMO. He is injury prone and not the player he was.

Better off getting a younger player that wouldn't cost you as much, and letting them develop. Getting a bigger name would also put added pressure on your cap. Having said that, I think Glass is a good FB and someone like Gaspar could develop into a good CHB if he can stay fit.

I reckon we should have a go at getting Mitchell Hahn from the Bullies. they wouldn't demand too much, maybe we can off-load Kane Munro/Jeremy Humm to them or something for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back