Official Team Thread Sin City Swamprats - Season Twenty - Finals or Bust

Remove this Banner Ad

Some fun facts about this weeks opposition
  • Their coach is an unknown with less than 10 posts - Wayne Jorgenson
  • They are required by club tradition to wear this as formal attire (!)View attachment 154713
  • Their current leaders are fitzroybulldog and RU_
  • They contain two SFA legends in Fred (350+ games) and Mobbenfuhrer (300+ games and father of the SFA)
Let's take them down...

• They are required by club tradition to wear this as formal attire (!)View attachment 154713
  • They contain two SFA legends in Fred (350+ games) and Mobbenfuhrer (300+ games and father of the SFA)
Let's take them down...
Out with the old
in with the new

Let's take them down...
Dad's army.

Does Wacky Tiger live in the Bridge then?
Nah he's a Meningie man, it's a small world because the one and only game I have played for Mannum we player the Bears and wacky played that match, still yet to meet Wacky Tiger though he is a man of mystery

Nah he's a Meningie man, it's a small world because the one and only game I have played for Mannum we player the Bears and wacky played that match, still yet to meet Wacky Tiger though he is a man of mystery
You forget to mention how many goals i kicked on you that day MP ;)

Does Wacky Tiger live in the Bridge then?
Please mate dont insult me, i have standards ;) Id rather live in Alberton :eek:

Ahh...Meningie. The type of town you only spend more time than it takes to drive through when you have broken down. I suppose if I lived there, my first name would be 'Wacky' as well. What colours are Meningie again?...it has been 30 years since I lived in the area

Ahh...Meningie. The type of town you only spend more time than it takes to drive through when you have broken down. I suppose if I lived there, my first name would be 'Wacky' as well. What colours are Meningie again?...it has been 30 years since I lived in the area
The Mighty Bears mate although back then we would have been the Lakesiders ala Pelicans :p

Where bouts did you live down here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I lived in the Bridge, my mothers family come from Mannum
Yeah righto, aligned with any footy teams in the bridge then? Let me guess your a Redlegs type a guy :p

If I remember correctly, Jervois was red and black, Border Downs was black and white, Mypo was black and gold, Imps were double blue, Ramblers were red and white, Tailem were blue and gold, and there was the Redlegs with Norwood colours...but I don't remember Meningie colours

So...

Some food for thought.

We are top.
First time in 889 days that we have achieved this feat.
We have the best percentage in the league.
The second best attack and the third best defense.

Let's not rest on our laurels, lets keep going and aim to finish top at the end of the year.

Was going to play for them...but no, I actually followed Mannum or Tailem, at various times
Meningie are a weird red and yellow , like the old Brisbane bears. Also Wacky Tiger i had no goals kicked on me, but I did suffer a mild heart attack, pulled groin, quads, hamstrings, flutes etc , I've never been so sore in my life ever

Meningie are a weird red and yellow , like the old Brisbane bears. Also Wacky Tiger i had no goals kicked on me, but I did suffer a mild heart attack, pulled groin, quads, hamstrings, flutes etc , I've never been so sore in my life ever
Weird Red please MP. Thats called Maroon pal. Also it was a credit to you that you were able to get onto the field for the start of the match after these injuries in your warm ups :D

Red and yellow, hey? Just as well I don't remember. I do remember a red and yellow jumper when I played SAFA many decades ago...I think it was Semaphore Park or something. Vomit worthy. Maroon is slightly better though

Weird Red please MP. Thats called Maroon pal. Also it was a credit to you that you were able to get onto the field for the start of the match after these injuries in your warm ups :D
It took cutter Krollig and Stevie dabinett a lot of convincing to get me out there that day

Al Berton Trophy Round 9 Nominations

Result: Sin City Swamprats def. Melbourne (Mt. Buller) Demons by 84pts

Nomination A: spookism 's Pulitzer OP (Spookism 1)
Season Twenty – Round Nine.

*Flashback*

Season Nine of the Sweet FA

A unique time in the Sweet FA

- The AFL All-Stars came in for just their second season to ensure no byes during the season.
- The Alberton Swamprats would make another crack at the Sweet FA after going into recess for Season Eight.
- The Mod Squad were formed to cover the void brought on by the short term demise of the Roys FFC.

The final five featured current clubs in the Hawks, Wonders, Bandits, Wolves and Furies albeit with one or two different names back then. The Bandits made the run at the right time and took away the Premiership – their second in three years. Despite being part of the losing side, Wally took home the Deestroy Medal.

The Mobbenfuhrer Medal was won by BlueFan4 who realised that he had achieved the pinnacle and promptly retired.
The often discussed EKA Trophy made its debut this season, with the first winner being croweater 41
The East Side Hawks lead the table at the end of the Minor Round and were eventual Grand Finalists and AlfAndrews Medal winner YOTC had a lot to do with this.

Rick18 was the winner of the Frankston Rover trophy.

*Current Day*

MATCH OF THE ROUND.

Of course it bloody well is. The Demons who sit second play host to the Swamprats who currently hold down third spot. 4.14% separates these two teams, both of whom have won their last two games and six overall.

The Demons are the best attacking team in the Sweet FA and Van_Dyke bossed the midfield last week, while he was well supported by Fyfetheknife and Eth as the Demons scored 21 goals in a two goal victory.

After several years of disappointment The Swamprats remarkable season continued on with yet another nail biting finish against the Warriors. Sublime , Ant Bear and Millky95 all starred in the wet.

Tip: Something will happen, but no doubt after the results the Swamprats have had it will be another Close Contest.

Nomination B: No light beer for you Millky95 (spookism 1, Ant Bear 1, Millky95 1, I Dont Care 1/2, Close Contest 1/2)
You've been on light duties for ages... time to pick up your game and start getting stuck into the heavies...
Another way of saying someone drank all the light beer and we won't get a restock until Monday?
:eek:
There MUST be an investigation into this!!!

A Swamprat stands accused of drinking light beer. A suspension surely awaits the guilty party.
There will be no more light beer. That s**t is an abomination.
The only time my beer is light is when it's empty
That's too bad...

I guess the incandescent, light-emitting, glow-in-the-dark beer I've been experimenting with in the PED lab this past week will all go to waste now...

Nomination C: ShaunDuggan flexes his muscles (ShaunDuggan 1)
Some might say I have been swamped with the youthful exuberance of the rats. Also some may say I work a part time schedule, I think of myself as a Brock Lesnar kinda guy, just more buff.

But I have been around the traps, dodged them all.....

:)

Nomination D: Nostradamus lives! toxic predicts Demons' demise (toxic 1)
The Demise of the Demons begins this week.

Suns out
Snows melting
Demons crying
Season is over
Put the chains away for 9 months
Put the board in the garage
Put the beanie in the bin

Some simple steps for realising that your season is over above

Please read and follow
DemonCat cooney Van_Dyke
Eth Fyfetheknife

Nomination E: Sublime knows the meaning of 'mundane' (Sublime 1)
Mount Buller entering in mundane banter with the swamprats, inflating their sense of importance and luring them into a false sense of security that they may actually win a game of Qooty this weekend.
I just looked up the meaning of mundane in the dictionary, and i found your post.

Nomination F: New Age Rats (Ant Bear 1, ShaunDuggan 1)
What is going on with these new-age Rats?
Light beer
Cats
Diets.

:rolleyes:
Light beer = s**t
Cats = Arseholes...but funny videos
Diets = Buff Duggan ready for comeback in footy (RL, the unimportant footy game).

Nomination G: Titanic starring the Mount Buller Demons (Close Contest 1)
Well game day b!tches.

If there was a movie to represent the Mount Buller Demons' season after this match it would be Titanic. Everything was going along nicely and they thought they were the kings of the world until an iceberg known as the Sin City Swamprats came along and sunk their season. :D (again pardon the shoddy photoshop efforts)

View attachment 178020
Smartys Power and Footypie32 enjoy a romantic moment.

View attachment 178021
'Woohoo! I'm the king of the world!!!' DemonCat and Van_Dyke bask in the glory of being 2nd on the ladder for the last time this season before they sink to the deep dark depths of mediocrity.

View attachment 178022
Eth ponders what could have been as he and his ship begin sinking down towards the bottom end of the ladder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well there you go, those are this week's nominations, PM your votes to Ant Bear, yeah you guys know the drill. :):thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back