Opinion So how do you get grand final tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

In situations like these I like to use my FF points. I had to go via Brisbane there and via Sydney back, but if we don't make it'll only cost me a few thousand points in cancellation fees.

Unfortunately as a young man I do not have the requisite FF points ! But good luck to you!

I have put down a non-refundable deposit on a charter flight. Fingers crossed.

Most airfares departing Friday and arriving Sunday are easily $1000 return via Qantas and Virgin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is bullshit actually. I have my upgrade so I am set, and now, there is NO WAY IN HELL i am giving up the upgrade. It is such a small price on the total cost of membership, when we are in our premiership window.

But that means that there will be more like me who just say "nup, mine". So some people will just struggle to get one. It almost becomes two tiers of membership, this WITH, and those W/O.

On a separate note, i really feel for the guys I sit with. They have been members for years, and had bought the GF upgrade for the last few years.

They booked a holiday (to Europe i think) in 2013, and it meant that they were going to miss the GF. they took that risk, but they still had the upgrade. GF rolled around, they opted not to use them and put their rights to a ticket back into the ballot, and had their holiday.

When it came to 2014, they were not given the GF upgrade automatically because they didnt use the tickets in 2013. When they called the club, they were told they lost their rights to them, and now he cant get a GF upgrade, unless others drop out. That's just BS from the club. Unfair.

That seems really harsh to lose the upgrade especially if the club didn't make it really clear that would happen if you didn't take the tickets. Definitely worth keeping in mind for anyone who has the upgrade, we're going over again this year and will just spend some time in Melbourne and watch the game in a pub if Freo don't make it and I can't see us ever dropping the upgrade now that there's a wait list but at the same time I'm not sure we'll be going next year regardless of how Freo are going.

For people still deciding, even if Freo don't make it into the Grand Final (we better :mad:) Melbourne is still awesome to be around GF week. There's a tonne of footy stuff going on all over the city all week, especially Fed Square. And the game is shown on the big screen there, and obviously at every single pub that exists.

Booked my flights this morning. I figure the ticket costs are already on the rise, and we are a good chance at this stage of having 2 home finals.

For people still deciding, even if Freo don't make it into the Grand Final (we better :mad:) Melbourne is still awesome to be around GF week. There's a tonne of footy stuff going on all over the city all week, especially Fed Square. And the game is shown on the big screen there, and obviously at every single pub that exists.

I booked my airline tickets back in March with exactly this view. Might even go and check-out the red carpet for the Brownlow as I am spending the whole week from the Monday. Got an email last week to change my flights (was Karratha-Melbourne-Karratha, but now it is via Perth both ways :mad::mad::mad::mad:) and I have accommodation booked so now I am just waiting for the boys to do the right thing by me.

Carn the mighty Dockers!

After winning our first three games I thought we were a shoe-in for the premiership. I bought GF ticket for myself and my partner. But now injuries have made us miss finals all together! So I'm selling. :(

PM me if you're interested!
Hahahahahahahahahahhaha.

Oh your serious.

After winning our first three games I thought we were a shoe-in for the premiership. I bought GF ticket for myself and my partner. But now injuries have made us miss finals all together! So I'm selling. :(

You know what ep, forget whether it's the eagles or not I respect that. If you don't book it early you kick yourself later. You either make it and you have paid a 1/3 of what everyone else did or at least you can sell it on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you fly back on the Sunday? We went via Sydney too and the airport smelled like a sewerage main had burst somewhere.

Wasn't particularly pleasant in my hungover state after drowning my sorrows until the wee hours the night before.

Last year I had direct flights. The idea of buying GF flights a few months in advance wasn't quite as popular so I managed to get relatively convenient times. I did have to go on a red eye to get there though.

This year, the airlines were onto it. There were very few available for a Thursday-Sunday trip. Hence the slightly indirect routes.

I

I can't pm you for some reason.

Do you still have the tickets? Can you PM me?

Not through this guy:

sundaycruddysunday_10.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back