So long Geelong, it was swell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Has a club ever lost in straight sets 2 years in a row?
This achievement may be beyond you however since with your current form 4th is dubious, likely to drop outside to 5th or 6th.

Even if the Dockers do that, it doesn't come close to how golden the 92 & 92 GF was!

Plenty of mean spirited dancing on Geelongs grave here. A lot of fans of clubs who have been routinely smashed by the Cats over the past eight years apparently feel empowered. Geelong are too good a club to be down for long. They have a number of young players who will move up to that all important 100 game/5 preseasons sweet spot in the next couple of years. With leaders like Selwood, Taylor, Hawkins and Bartel still going strong and the likes of Blicavs,Duncan,Guthrie and Caddy stepping up the foundation is there. Add the blokes like Dangerfield and Henderson and ( hopefully ) the resumption of Menzels upward curve and the GFC will be back.
Moralising much?

Oh dear.

Look forward to watching you get belted by the Eagles and/or Hawks in the finals.

Don't worry though - old man Schulz will save you next season. Another tick for Lyon's recycling.

You will have up to 6 players that can or should retire this year and you talk about list management and ageing.

Geelong was very much over rated this year and will fall further next year even if they get Dangerfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will have up to 6 players that can or should retire this year and you talk about list management and ageing.

Geelong was very much over rated this year and will fall further next year even if they get Dangerfield.

Nobody rated us this year and 9th is about right.

Even if we do fall further, which we won't, we have three recent flags to console ourselves with. A Fremantle fan trolling any other fan base is the height of hilarity.

This man is very happy this morning.
Tim-Lane_parent-of-Sam-Lane.jpg

If Danger doesn't want the chance to win a flag during his career, that's his prerogative. Last night was all he needed to see me thinks.

Do you think the Crows are a flag threat in the next few seasons?

Been the best of times. Best team I have seen and enjoyed every minute.
Will be back next year, and will be very good, so you can all look forward to that.

Personally I have always known how good Geelong were, I doubt very much if this is an era end. I watched Brian Cook on Sheahans show the other night if he's a reflection of that club they'll be back harder next year. I think you have a good coach too.
Even over the last two years when the Hawks have gained a bit of "power" over other clubs ( pardon the pun) I have always worried about Geelong , even when they are on he lower end of the success road , they are able to pull out excellent football, last night wasn't it of course.
The Magpies , well what on earth can you say, last week they were a rabble , this week dynamite, if you know anything about football you will realise Collingwood were just off the mark this year , but that's not good enough , next year will see some big turnaround for that club and Buckley stays , btw.

But Geelong I expect the ride isn't over, yet. Always wary of that club. Never underestimate your enemy!

Right.
Imagine Menzel with a full pre-season.
Wowee!
One player doesn't make a team.

The fact a guy like Guthrie is getting a game for you guys should show you now are lacking some talent. Just like someone like Mackay and Van Berlo getting games for us. If these types of guys are getting regular games, you're going to struggle to compete with the top 4.

Nobody rated us this year and 9th is about right.

Even if we do fall further, which we won't, we have three recent flags to console ourselves with. A Fremantle fan trolling any other fan base is the height of hilarity.

I'm not trolling. Just stating facts and my opinion.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-28/aflcomaus-season-predictions

Here's one example of preseason predictions with the majority seeing you finishing 5th and higher than Freo this year. I'd say that this is pretty high for a team nobody rated.

You have 6 champions who will be 32 or older next season so will likely be retirees this year or very much declining. You have two 30 year olds who have retired this year and another 30 year old (Stokes) who is being effectively shown the door.

9 players.

So again, I'm just stating facts. I'd suggest the 'lol no priemerships' comment outs you as the troll.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back