FTA-TV Spartacus: War of the Damned (probably spoilers)

Remove this Banner Ad

She was only found out because of Spartacus.

Shame - for a second, when he destroyed the mask, I thought he'd be ok with it - then when he said he'd take care of her after...

He is a ruthless bastard, that's for sure.

I read somewhere that they crucified those slaves along the entire length of the road from Capua to Rome...

It's a 2 hour drive.

You're in this thread without seeing the finale?

Brave man.

I didn't actually realise it had shown although it stayed loyal to the history.

Just an amazing season from a great show.

I watch GoT as well but can't get into it anywhere near as much as Spartacus. I'm not enjoying it as much since the first series but I am yet to watch the latest episode.

Still a bit devastated today after the events I witnessed last night.

I reckon they nailed it - and it wasn't as sad as I was expecting. I think I was more sad when Crixus and Spartacus parted ways.

It was sad to see them all die, but they died well, and didnt go overboard with emotion.

I was also very glad that neither Gannicus or Spartacus (or even Crixus) died at the hands of a single opponent. They were the Gods of the Arena - while Crassus and Caesar were excellent warriors, they weren't gladiators, and they sure as hell weren't the best of the gladiators.

I didn't know how they'd make that work, but for Spartacus to defeat Crassus and then be overwhelmed by randoms, and Gannicus to be the last man standing and then just be swamped was a good way to do it. I would've like G to have fought a bit harder when he was defeated though.

That was my one disappointment with the Crixus ending - he was hurt and broken, but he wasn't beaten; he should've fought until the very end, not on his knees waiting for death.

But the entire thing was amazing.

The evolution of this show was fantastic - first episode was abysmal, and Andy dying put me off it for a while, but if you give it a chance, it's been some of the most powerful, exciting and engaging shows for a long time.

The evolution of this show was fantastic - first episode was abysmal, and Andy dying put me off it for a while, but if you give it a chance, it's been some of the most powerful, exciting and engaging shows for a long time.
The Second Season, after Whitfield had died, geez that was hard to get into....

The first Season was so amazing and I had so much time invested into Whitfield. The early parts of Season 2 were horrific. Main lead was gone and they were stuck in the sewer for a while.

Only continued watching because of how awesome Season 1 was. Glad I did. How the producers resurrected this show after the main Lead had gone... nothing short of a modern day miracle.

Makes me want to rewatch Gladiator with Crowe. I know, I know but I haven't seen it since the cinema.

I very rarely buy the box set of a show, but will do so on this.

2 days after the finale... life still feels empty....:(

The Second Season, after Whitfield had died, geez that was hard to get into....

The first Season was so amazing and I had so much time invested into Whitfield. The early parts of Season 2 were horrific. Main lead was gone and they were stuck in the sewer for a while.

Only continued watching because of how awesome Season 1 was. Glad I did. How the producers resurrected this show after the main Lead had gone... nothing short of a modern day miracle.

Makes me want to rewatch Gladiator with Crowe. I know, I know but I haven't seen it since the cinema.

I very rarely buy the box set of a show, but will do so on this.

2 days after the finale... life still feels empty....:(

I may be wrong, but I get the sense you haven't watched Gods of the Arena. That was "season 2" as far as I'm concerned. In which case you're in for a treat as the prequel season was awesome. Of course if I'm wrong, just ignore!

I may be wrong, but I get the sense you haven't watched Gods of the Arena. That was "season 2" as far as I'm concerned. In which case you're in for a treat as the prequel season was awesome. Of course if I'm wrong, just ignore!
I know I know,

Was the 6 part prequel the second season? or was the continuation of Season 1, the Second season?

Of course I watched Gods of The Arena and enjoyed it immensely, it, but couldn't wait for the continuation of the Spartacus Plot.

I think it must be said how good Liam McIntyre was during his time as Spartacus, this show went through some tough times with casting but when i think of Spartacus now, i think of Liam playing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy that Gannicus didn't actually die. Not on screen anyway.

My first thought after reading that there could be a spin-off with Caesar was that after he hit him he was going to take Gannicus as his slave which would have built for the spin-off.

I know I know,

Was the 6 part prequel the second season? or was the continuation of Season 1, the Second season?

Of course I watched Gods of The Arena and enjoyed it immensely, it, but couldn't wait for the continuation of the Spartacus Plot.

Officially Gods of the Arena wasn't the second season, but a standalone prequel season. It was made after the first season though yeah.

And I agree completely on this season being so much better than the last, it was superbly done - they finally found their mojo away from the house of batiatis and the arena, after losing their way for a while.

That was good, yet so sad.

Unsure which was the best bit though, tossing up between these two

navbcq.jpg

that

Brothers. Man of equal ilk and stature. We have journeyed through ice, snow and blistering sun. Today, I have just witnessed scenes that bring tear to eye.

thou outcome was known by all educated historians it still bring pain like spear through rear end. brought back memories of watching titanic.

also gratitude for posts since passing of our beloved series of scene at credits. loved the credits too - memories of his fallen comrades from season past. We are all free.

PS: i for one do not want a spin off caesar present.

love you all

So weird seeing Crixus (Manu Bennett) in Arrow.

As much as i love Game Of Thrones and to a lesser extent The Walking Dead, this show still will probably remain my favourite of all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back