St Kilda CEO/board discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

im happy with the appointment and the direction of the club as a whole, now lets get games into the young players, a early draft pick this year is looming which is a big bonus, lets enjoy the ride and have patiance, look more at the positives and less at negitives.

That is not my experience, and isn't there a better place for you to unload your bile about someone only mentioned in this thread in passing. Or just hold it in.

I was very excited that Finniss was appointed - I am not sure we could have expected to pick up someone on an upward trajectory. He must like a challenge.

Hard to work out how a Mentone Grammar boy ended up barracking for the Bullies, but I am sure there are some strong St Kilda supporters in his family.

And I thank the lord that I never have to try to work out what Michael Nettlefold is talking about ever again.

My wife isn't interested in talking about football so sorry mate but this is the place for my bile!!:):D:p

Peter Summers : "we were thorough and strategic when it came to the appointment of our clubs new CEO Matt Finnis. We worked out what we needed and we got our man. We were deliberate and focused irrespective of the speculation and noise and misinformation that was out there. when easier short term options existed, we didnt take a short cut"

big thumbs up

My wife isn't interested in talking about football so sorry mate but this is the place for my bile!!:):D:p

my partner is only interested in talking about Hawthorn, drives me insane. especially as he doesn't want to hear anything about the saints

Matt Finnis's Overview

Current

• Chief Executive Officer at AFL Players Association
Past
  • Lawyer at Lander & Rogers
  • Clerk / Lawyer at Rigby Cooke Lawyers
  • Sponsorship Services Manager at Anti-Cancer Council Victoria
Matt Finnis' Experience

Chief Executive Officer

AFL Players Association
Nonprofit; 11-50 employees; Sports industry

March 2005 – Present (9 years 1 month)
Lawyer

Lander & Rogers
Partnership; 201-500 employees; Law Practice industry

2002 – 2005 (3 years)
Clerk / Lawyer

Rigby Cooke Lawyers
Partnership; 51-200 employees; Law Practice industry

2000 – 2002 (2 years)
Sponsorship Services Manager
Anti-Cancer Council Victoria

1999 – 2000 (1 year)
Matt Finnis' Education
INSEAD
Advanced Management Program

Monash University
LLB (Hons)

Monash University
BA (Psych)

Mentone Grammar School

Groups and Associations:
Director, Surfing Australia (2005 - present) Director, HeartKids Australia (2005 - 2009)

Honors and Awards:
Vincent Fairfax Fellow

Was all I could think of, I had to post the clip.

my partner is only interested in talking about Hawthorn, drives me insane. especially as he doesn't want to hear anything about the saints

Try not to look down on him, or let the feeling of superiority that you surely have, come to the surface too often. Let the poor deluded bugger go along his merry way. And really how informed a discussion could it be, if he barracks for Hawthorn?

Try not to look down on him, or let the feeling of superiority that you surely have, come to the surface too often. Let the poor deluded bugger go along his merry way. And really how informed a discussion could it be, if he barracks for Hawthorn?

I assume it would be very informative if the topic is recent Premierships.

lol, yeah
Im in the same position as Sammm. At least we do give each other 50% soapbox time...
Unfortunately I had to rewatch that boring GF a number of times over summer.

Well there is always that. A little like the Life of Brian segment, with what have the Romans ever done for us?

Has there been any statement when Matt Finis will sit behind his desk.

I know they said he had a few things to tidy up at the AFLPA but sooner or later he needs to get his ass in his chair.

Has there been any statement when Matt Finis will sit behind his desk.

I know they said he had a few things to tidy up at the AFLPA but sooner or later he needs to get his ass in his chair.

I think it's within the next couple of weeks. Would be amazing to get him in a presser in saints colors/suit

Maybe in front of the junction oval stand hahahaha ;-)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next week Was mentioned in an article on Junction Oval proposal that Summers is overseas and Finis starts the position next week.

Next week Was mentioned in an article on Junction Oval proposal that Summers is overseas and Finis starts the position next week.
It should be interesting to see the differences between the two CEOs.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

It should be interesting to see the differences between the two CEOs.

Starting with a new big name sponsor might be nice.

Starting with a new big name sponsor might be nice.

One thing I have noticed on the most recent Alan Richardson videos on the Saints site, is that they start with a promo of our newest sponsor Watersun. Appreciate that they may be the coach sponsor ???? but think this is a much better sign of professionalism and catering for our sponsors, with a short ad for them before videos.

I would hope that they extend it to every video the club puts out. Its the little things and attention to detail that are valued by members and sponsors, this is one of those.

One thing I have noticed on the most recent Alan Richardson videos on the Saints site, is that they start with a promo of our newest sponsor Watersun. Appreciate that they may be the coach sponsor ???? but think this is a much better sign of professionalism and catering for our sponsors, with a short ad for them before videos.

I would hope that they extend it to every video the club puts out. Its the little things and attention to detail that are valued by members and sponsors, this is one of those.

great post SS and i agree

Agree with this one, when I first watched the video I thought the Saints had stuffed up and linked me to some home design company by accident instead of their video until I realised they were our sponsor!

As you said, it is the little things that count and so far we are doing the little things much better.

I agree with you.

I don't think I have watched any videos as yet but I will look for them.

Yeah, they seem to be doing it with Ozito with all the player interviews post-game as well. I think it's about improving the quality of exposure for minor sponsors. Hopefully, that impresses some of them enough to become major sponsors (or to entice some companies to become major sponsors).

Would love to see him use his AFLPA pedigree and lawyer nous to ensure Saad can be picked up next year. 18months for a milkshake is enough, you'd think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back