St Kilda, Sydney or Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

There are just so many different combinations of results that could see us play any of St.Kilda, Sydney, Essendon or North. Even with the results this weekend, my gut feeling is that St.Kilda will get over the line this week against North and kill off their finals chances. They play Etihad as well as anyone, and they'll be keen to make amends for todays loss.

Essendon will smash Port, and Sydney will need to stay as close to Geelong so they don't lose too much percentage. To me, we'll either play Essendon at the 'G, or Sydney at Etihad.

Was barracking hard for Sydney to win today.

The thought of a Carlton v Essendon final sends shivers down my spine.

???

Surely a Sydney loss would have been better for the scenario of avoiding Essendon.

I want to us to play Essendon, why is everyone wanting to avoid Essendon?, we easily accounted for them last time and what better place then in a final to smash them.

Things never seem to go our way do they? With Sydney winning today its almost certain we will play Essendon. I just cant imagine the pain of losing to them and going out in straight finals 3 years in a row. Yes we should beat them but we should have many times in recent years and still seem to manage to lose to them. Much rather play Sydney who I cant see getting anywhere near us.

Guys by the time we beat Port Adelaide next week there might not be much of a team left to play you guys in a final. Pretty good chance we lost Crameri for the rest of the year also. Almost would like to see Nth Melbourne make the finals to make it interesting.

It's true. A lot has gone against us this year. But all we can do is focus on the present and the future. We have the cleanest bill of health in the league at the moment with an extra week to rest with the bye, so we've got that advantage over other teams who have players struggling for much fitness.

I thought we did look tired against the Hawks so it's a perfect time for a break but if someone said only McInnes, Collins and Mitchell would be no chance of playing finals due to injury, it's fair to say you would be pretty rapt!

Just look at Essendons preparations' 2 weeks out from finals. Winderlich,Hurley,Prismall,Crameri,Dempsey,Pears,Colyer,Lonergan,Watson and Welsh who would all slot beautifully into their 22 are either currently out for the season,injured or struggling for match fitness.

If North Melbourne beat StKilda this weekend, and we beat StKilda in round 24, Carlton will host North Melbourne at the G, and Sydney will host Essendon at ANZ. Best possible outcome :thumbsu:

I want bombers at the G in the first final.... would be just fantastic to smash them by 90 points... kangas are on the improve only just losing to us and the hawks and smashing freo...

If kangas beat saints then the tigers, they will be pumped, and will definitely be a harder task than the bombers (even with their best 22)...

Need saints to beat north this weekend..

If North Melbourne beat StKilda this weekend, and we beat StKilda in round 24, Carlton will host North Melbourne at the G, and Sydney will host Essendon at ANZ. Best possible outcome :thumbsu:

Agree:thumbsu:

Essndon at the G next best. Sydney at Etihad next best.

St Kilda anywhere the worst, but at the G better. Can St Kilda finish 8th?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont know whether I would be satisfied with a win over a battling Sydney or North in the first final, I think our group could get some real impetus for future flag assaults with a finals win over Essendon, I would prefer them with a crowd of around 80 to 90k which would be great for our ongoing belief!

Even if we lost that match it would have more impact or benefits for the group to put in a big pre-season for the next year.

Agree:thumbsu:

Essndon at the G next best. Sydney at Etihad next best.

St Kilda anywhere the worst, but at the G better. Can St Kilda finish 8th?
Only if they win 1 game and both Essendon and Swans raise there % over them, Ess 7% behind but do play Port and Swans 2% behind but do play Geelong and Brisbane!!

Possible but they will fall out if North get them this week as they will get smacked by us the week after, This IMO opinion is the likely scenario as they look exhausted and have injury concerns!

We should know after this week at least.

If the saints win it comes down to who has the lower % out of Sydney and Essendon, if the swans are still ahead after this weekend we play the bombers.

If north wins its pretty simple, we play them unless we let the saints win against us.

It is Bombers at the G unless North beat Saints, we beat Saints. Play Saints again if North then lose to Tiges. If Saints win tonight it doesnt matter what happens next week, we play Ess.
That is my drunken mathmatics.

It is Bombers at the G unless North beat Saints, we beat Saints. Play Saints again if North then lose to Tiges. If Saints win tonight it doesnt matter what happens next week, we play Ess.
That is my drunken mathmatics.

My drunken maths equals Essendon too BB (Saints should win from here).

With us having the bye this week & a Saints win seeming likely tonight, do we risk resting a couple of players in round 24 knowing they wont have played for two weeks come the Essendon game.

Personally I would like to see at least Juddy only play a half next week & then be subbed off.

So we get Essendon first week? Bring it on, homies!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back