Preview 2023 Rd 21 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday August 6 3:20PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 changes

IN: Fisher
OUT: Cerra (hamstring), McGovern (hamstring)

After starting last weekend as sub, Paddy Dow has been elevated into the starting side.

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaCaleb MarchbankAdam Saad
Centreline:Sam DochertyPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowZac Fisher
Forwards:Jesse MotlopMarc PittonetMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningGeorge HewettPaddy Dow
Interchange:Blake AcresMatthew CottrellDavid Cuningham
Lachie Fogarty
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsEd CurnowSam Durdin
Josh Honey

No doubt all of the others missing improve us. It's just from last week, even with losing Gov, i would've felt better if we at least had Cez. Anyway, it is what it is and this is a good test for us.

Our run thus far is ominous given the injuries we have. If we can sneak into the 8 as we start to get key players back, then we have the potential to do some damage. But I won't get ahead of myself because there's still a lot to be done to even make finals.
Sensible choice.
Pre emptive anti-pain choice
Impossible rational choice for blue horses. ( unfortunately)

Not a fait accompli, this mob has traditionally over performed against us, but if we bring our new found confidence and pressure it is difficult to see any side beating us.

Tempered by (arguably) seven first choice players, including three of our top ten on the side lines.

Imagine the bleating from other clubs if the equivalent of Walsh, Cerra, McKay, Kennedy, McGovern, Silvagni and Corey Durdin on the sidelines (yes Corey went out of the side with injury, not at selection for the doubters).

Pretty sure “we got this” on current trajectory. Too much to play for to produce any complacency, and plenty fighting the fight for spots when those seven return (or we bring the Binns in)

Heads up for anyone heading into the game today by train. Disruptions on the Mernda and Hurtbridge line again today with replacement buses in place along the route to Marvel.
Big game today,im a bit toey but still think we'll win. We have still got big players on each line that the Saints need to get past to win.
Charlie for another bag,Crippa to play like a man possessed and the Bot to shut down the big boys.Noodles,Saady and Cinc to take care of Higgins and Butler. We're in good hands.
Blues by plenty!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve done the Dow debate for what seems like forever, all I know is I’m hoping for his best game as a blue today and he helps get us over the line. Fish too.
Todays the day, we need 8-10 clearances from him & 25+ touches. Good chance Crippa gets locked down by Steele & Dow will need to pick up the slack.
Huge pressure on him, but it’s been that way for a while now so don’t think that’s an issue.
Really going to need Cunners, Fish, Hollands, Doc running attacking lines for the clearance release.
Quietly confident Paddy steps up & Crippa to fight thru the tag - at worst create open space around the clearance

Love the vibe but couldn't you have please covered up somehow what looks like a magpie on his top?

It is most off putting.

(I am not clever enough to know how to do this BTW) :oops:
It's a penguin silly!
A Dark navy penguin
Which rhymes with
We Win!

It is PADDY DOW DAY...... :muscle:

Go young fella and tear it apart.

Very confident he will.

It is PADDY DOW DAY...... :muscle:

Go young fella and tear it apart.

Very confident he will.
Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

Looking forward to this one. Its a huge test and the start of a massive month for the club.

I think we drop this one but the performance trumps the result. Of course I want to win, and I'd be thrilled with the 4 points regardless of the margin, but win lose or draw today the job is not yet done and we move onto the next one with the same mentality.

Injuries are starting to mount but I'm strangely calm on that front. Our top end are playing well right now but the bottom end has had just a big a say in this turnaround. Next man up mentality. Game plan, effort and belief right now are more important than personnel on the park.

This season is as close as I can ever remember and we've done unbelievably well to put ourselves right in the thick of it. It's so close you can almost smell it. Let's hope we can take one more giant step in the right direction today, but if not, we play as we have been and we continue to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back