Preview 2023 Rd 21 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday August 6 3:20PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 changes

IN: Fisher
OUT: Cerra (hamstring), McGovern (hamstring)

After starting last weekend as sub, Paddy Dow has been elevated into the starting side.

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaCaleb MarchbankAdam Saad
Centreline:Sam DochertyPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowZac Fisher
Forwards:Jesse MotlopMarc PittonetMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningGeorge HewettPaddy Dow
Interchange:Blake AcresMatthew CottrellDavid Cuningham
Lachie Fogarty
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsEd CurnowSam Durdin
Josh Honey

Looking forward to this one. Its a huge test and the start of a massive month for the club.

I think we drop this one but the performance trumps the result. Of course I want to win, and I'd be thrilled with the 4 points regardless of the margin, but win lose or draw today the job is not yet done and we move onto the next one with the same mentality.

Injuries are starting to mount but I'm strangely calm on that front. Our top end are playing well right now but the bottom end has had just a big a say in this turnaround. Next man up mentality. Game plan, effort and belief right now are more important than personnel on the park.

This season is as close as I can ever remember and we've done unbelievably well to put ourselves right in the thick of it. It's so close you can almost smell it. Let's hope we can take one more giant step in the right direction today, but if not, we play as we have been and we continue to do so.

Incredible that a win puts us in 5th spot and looking good, while a loss leaves us outside the 8 and in real danger of missing finals, particularly if we lose to Melbourne next week.

Looking forward to this one. Its a huge test and the start of a massive month for the club.

I think we drop this one but the performance trumps the result. Of course I want to win, and I'd be thrilled with the 4 points regardless of the margin, but win lose or draw today the job is not yet done and we move onto the next one with the same mentality.

Injuries are starting to mount but I'm strangely calm on that front. Our top end are playing well right now but the bottom end has had just a big a say in this turnaround. Next man up mentality. Game plan, effort and belief right now are more important than personnel on the park.

This season is as close as I can ever remember and we've done unbelievably well to put ourselves right in the thick of it. It's so close you can almost smell it. Let's hope we can take one more giant step in the right direction today, but if not, we play as we have been and we continue to do so.

Sending Off Red Card GIF by Football Australia

Incredible that a win puts us in 5th spot and looking good, while a loss leaves us outside the 8 and in real danger of missing finals, particularly if we lose to Melbourne next week.

Yes. It’s an incredible season.

Which is why more than anything it’s important we continue to play as we have been through this turnaround.

If we do I’m confident we get there. Even if we lose today.

I don’t know where the wins come from, but play as we have been, they will come.

Unfortunately the two results last night went the wrong way. Port and gws winning was better insurance if we lose. Alas. Still completely up to Carlton which is nice.

Yes. It’s an incredible season.

Which is why more than anything it’s important we continue to play as we have been through this turnaround.

If we do I’m confident we get there. Even if we lose today.

I don’t know where the wins come from, but play as we have been, they will come.

Jesus Jeremias, you’re making me feel like I’ve turned up to the party of the decade and they are serving light beer…

My predictions.
1 Cunners to play his best game, since returning. 3 goals and 25 disposals.
2 Martin to continue his good form and kick 4.
3 Motts to excell and have a career best game and 3 goals.
4 Cinc to have a blinder and start many fast plays, kicking with precision and a goal.
5 The above 4 come close to being accurate and we win with a leg in the air. Thereby giving Voss his first win over RTB.
Go BLUES!

Unfortunately the two results last night went the wrong way. Port and gws winning was better insurance if we lose. Alas. Still completely up to Carlton which is nice.

I’d say GWS losing was the best result as it places further important on the final game of the season in terms of potentially deciding the fate of both clubs.

Jesus Jeremias, you’re making me feel like I’ve turned up to the party of the decade and they are serving light beer…

Mate. I’ve said we win the flag if we make finals.

What more do you want!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Todays the day, we need 8-10 clearances from him & 25+ touches. Good chance Crippa gets locked down by Steele & Dow will need to pick up the slack.
Huge pressure on him, but it’s been that way for a while now so don’t think that’s an issue.
Really going to need Cunners, Fish, Hollands, Doc running attacking lines for the clearance release.
Quietly confident Paddy steps up & Crippa to fight thru the tag - at worst create open space around the clearance
Crippa playing much smarter again thankfully.

By the time Steele gets to him, Crippa will have dished off the pill...

Disagree in the sense that Port were never beating the Cats at Kardinia and GWS losing is better for us than them winning.

Their last three games are Port in Adelaide (a loss), Essendon at Giants Stadium (50/50) then us at Marvel Stadium (a loss).

They'll be shot after Port deals with them, thus not taking one of the 5-8 spots.

I was feeling very edgy through the week, but a sense of calm has now come over me.

Appreciate it was a lifetime ago, but we could not have played worse in the round six game. We hit their player lace out on chest more than our own. It was bewildering and frustrating.

We have come so far since then and still have ‘the core’ intact today to execute as we have the past 6-7 weeks.

Need a fast start, take every opportunity particularly early, accuracy in front of goal and a s**t load of pressure all over the ground. And, physically take it up to King and Co but don’t give away silly frees to kill or switch momentum.

See you there Baggers, Blues by 28 points

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm hoping that GWS drops out of the 8, Geelong stays in, would be nice to be playing in Vic. first week of the finals.

Spending the match with the enemy in a Saints members' box, so I will be cheering incognito today as was told strictly not to wear any Blues gear 🤣 Very fragile lot. Must be the 150yrs of thumpings delivered by the mighty Blues to their irrelevant club. Hoping for a very quiet atmosphere due to the huge pumping of the St Skidmarks by our boys. Let's go!

You Can Do It Waterboy GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back