Movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens - No spoilers allowed

Remove this Banner Ad

nice theory i saw that it is there for added protection for your hand when holding it, so its not so easy for another saber to cut your arm off during combat
Except for going straight down the blade and through the guards emitter. How they've done the guard is far more dangerous to the user than the person they are dueling.

Except for going straight down the blade and through the guards emitter. How they've done the guard is far more dangerous to the user than the person they are dueling.

Assuming the 'guard emitter' is still strong/has the saber blade running through it, then its a good natural progression of weaponry considering the amount of hands that were lost in saber fights. Im not sure why people are assuming the little spot in between the saber and handle is an 'achilles heel', I'm sure its strong enough to stop another blade

What is interesting though is the 'fiery' look of the blade, which could hint at it being a really old light saber which explains its odd handle

Either way, swords all over the world have hilts in them, they serve a purpose in combat, I'm not sure why people are so shocked a saber has one

Assuming the 'guard emitter' is still strong/has the saber blade running through it, then its a good natural progression of weaponry considering the amount of hands that were lost in saber fights. Im not sure why people are assuming the little spot in between the saber and handle is an 'achilles heel', I'm sure its strong enough to stop another blade

What is interesting though is the 'fiery' look of the blade, which could hint at it being a really old light saber which explains its odd handle

Either way, swords all over the world have hilts in them, they serve a purpose in combat, I'm not sure why people are so shocked a saber has one
I'm not saying the guard is a bad idea I'm just saying how they've done it is.

The Internet Movie Database lists Max von Sydow and Andy Serkis as cast members, but doesn't include what their roles are yet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I believe they were both announced along with the rest of the cast a little while ago. A popular rumour in recent months is that Von Sydow is an old Imperial Admiral that has turned to the dark side, with Driver as his apprentice.

No idea of the extent of Serkis' involvement. But everything he's touched over the last couple of years has turned to gold. His contribution to the Planet of the Apes films have been ridiculously underrated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1417303645705.gif

The Internet Movie Database lists Max von Sydow and Andy Serkis as cast members, but doesn't include what their roles are yet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Andy Serkis is actually the focus of the whole movie.

Centuries earlier he had found the source of the force and has been hiding with it in a cave somewhere on Tatooine.

This movie is about the hunt for him. Leading the hunt are the baddies from the dark side, 9 blokes with respiratory ailments all wearing black and riding black Banthas, they may or may not be living beings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back