Movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens - No spoilers allowed

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to a toys-r-us midnight opening last night because I lead a depressing life, and holy s**t it was awful.
Giant neckbeards and what I assume were ebay scammers swooped everything off the shelves within 10 seconds of the doors opening, they were literally pushing past kids to get to this stuff. There was this one young girl dressed as Princess Leia crying into her dad because she was so disappointed, they took everything good. It was really... just, bad.

Went to a toys-r-us midnight opening last night because I lead a depressing life, and holy s**t it was awful.
Giant neckbeards and what I assume were ebay scammers swooped everything off the shelves within 10 seconds of the doors opening, they were literally pushing past kids to get to this stuff. There was this one young girl dressed as Princess Leia crying into her dad because she was so disappointed, they took everything good. It was really... just, bad.

where was that?

The merchandise focus so early makes me worry the film is not that good. Only the naive would think Disney gave JJ Abrams free rein. They would have sat him down and said exactly what audience demographics and box office he needs to nail, long before a single shot was filmed.

Not to mention his last movie Star Trek Into Darkness was not great.

calling it now, there'll be a full theatrical trailer in the next 2 weeks. the Star Wars website has started updating its database with info on TFA characters, as well as including major plot points in descriptions for character kids costumes.

calling it now, there'll be a full theatrical trailer in the next 2 weeks. the Star Wars website has started updating its database with info on TFA characters, as well as including major plot points in descriptions for character kids costumes.

think you maybe onto something. as opening day approaches the likelihood of a full trailer increases

Might have to not watch the full trailer when it comes out, will probably give away the whole plot.

Think I've worked out this much so far from clips and promotional material.
Black Jedi sneaks his way to Tattooine to tell the retired Luke Skywalker some bad guys are up to no good i.e. trying to overthrow the New Republic to set up a New Empire. New Empire faction people figure this out so they go kidnap/arrest Luke. Luke's daughter/niece, black Jedi, and the bumbling droids go wherever Han Solo and Leia live to get their help. They get the Millennium Falcon from whoever Han flogged it to years ago and go to rescue Luke. Luke awakes and finds he's on a secret Death Star. Someone yells "KAAAAAAAAAAAHN!".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back