Society & Culture Strange people you have worked with

Remove this Banner Ad

A guy I used to spend time with got convicted for a double murder.

Staff members:
One kid couldn't come to work because he'd been smoking too much plastic the night before. Go figure.

A young lady who had this protracted story that finally amounted to her not having a vegemite sandwich in the morning, hence she couldn't make it to work.

A guy who was a cross dresser. Wasn't too strange actually, but the notion never stuck well with me.

A vampire.

in one of my old jobs, there was the marketing manager, "shaneo".
the guy would've easily been over 6ft and 120kg+, in his mid-late 30s and had an air of aloofness about him but for some reason he took a shining towards me, probably because of my doe-eyed youthful exhuberance at the time.
we roomed together one year for a 3 day staff conference at a resort in the mountains. the first night, while i was at a party in another room, he slammed his site manager (alison), who would've been a solid 8 imo, before joining the rest of us at the party, sitting her down next to me and then disappearing. ignorant as to the previous "shane-anigans", i started tuning her to the point where she says: "let's go somewhere more quiet". for some reason, i suddenly got a really weird feeling about it so i told her i was gonna get some more drinks and then legged it.
mid-escape, i met-up with all the young pretty things of the company who were going to have their own little night cap back in another room, so i rolled with them. as we're walking outside to their block, shaneo comes running after me and says: "where you going mate? i need you to be my wingman."
he then informs about what had gone down with alison and that he needed me to distract her for him.
i declined, as i was just leaving, so he says: "alright, well i'm gonna have to give melissa one and then i'll meet you back at our room." (melissa was a site manager from another office and would've been another solid 8).
"do what you've gotta do man" i reply and leave.
at about 2am i roll back to my room, and shaneo's waiting for me at the door in a cold sweat and looking like he'd just seen a ghost. he informs me that he had been going down on melissa only to have one of the senior managers walk in on them. i told him that these things tend to blow over quickly and everyone will have forgotten about it in a week. that seemed to calm him a bit so then, with a leer, he says: "i want to show you something". he turns around and lifts up his shirt to show his back covered in scratch marks.
"did melissa do that??" i say.
"sure did. oh man, she's wild" he chortles.
i shake my head, tell him to try and control himself over the next two days and then go to bed.
5 minutes later i hear his phone ring (it was alison):
"no, nothing happened babe, she just wanted to show me her boobs, that's all.
now? *sigh* ok then. it'll have to be a quick one though, i'm getting tired.
nah he's asleep. how the hell would i know where he went? look, do you want me to come over or do you wanna sit here talking about him all night?
All right, i'll be there soon."
he kept a pretty low profile after that, although i was always too scared to go back to my room so i ended up crashing on the IT guys' couch for the rest of the conference.
word got out about his shane-anigans and i remember a lot of the females in the company telling me how disgusting he was, although i always detected the smallest hint of a sparkle in their eyes as they said it.
he took the whole thing in his stride and started referring to himself as the "todd carney" of our company - a loose cannon but he gets the results.
i left the company a few months later and the last i heard from shaneo he was seeing a 30 year old french-mauritian university professor.

Man, I'm a heavy duty fitter machinist and worked in a big engineering shop which has been here since the early 50's.

Some dudes there had literally been there for 45+ years. One guy did his apprenticeship there when he was 15 and has never left. He just completed his 51st year at the place and still going.

I'll get stuck into some stories soon because I have some rippers. Working in these places you see all sorts, the tradesman are generally cool, especially in that trade it's quite professional and a lot less typical 'tradie' if you will but some of the TA's? My god some of them are OUT OF THIS WORLD.

A guy I work with believes in UFO's, and studies cases going back as far as the 1800's but beleives they are from another dimension and not other planets. He has folders of the research at work.

He seems to be stuck in the 60's and refuses to have any new technology, like flatscreen tv, mobile etc.
He doesnt have an atm card and he collects notes (as in money) from around the world, some are quite expensive.

Finally he mainly watches old movies and most of them feature kid actors, he said he likes movies with kids.
A girl I work with can his screen and said he watches kid talent shows on youtube during the day like euro versions of young talent time etc.

I know the last part is creepy and the thought has crossed my mind but he is a really nice guy who I honestly feel sorry for because he seems to be a loner outside of work, not married or any close family really and I think he has anxiety issues. I think he looks at all this old stuff because it reminds him of better times in his life and to distract himself from how sad he feels.

Don't really have any workmates but in school around year 8 there used to be ths guy that would prey/do yoga or somethng like that in the middle of the school. you know how people stand on one leg, put their arms out with their fingers together. really was an odd one he was. the kind of guy that would work for 5 hours a night and still only do a little bit better than average. also another mate once told me that this guy said to him that he goes home and thinks about "existance" for hours while lying on his bed

You might enjoy reading this

865733_com_postoffice.jpg
What was it again voicboy? Just talking about it again recently :)

Don't really have any workmates but in school around year 8 there used to be ths guy that would prey/do yoga or somethng like that in the middle of the school. you know how people stand on one leg, put their arms out with their fingers together. really was an odd one he was.

char_66757.jpg

Currently work with a guy in his 60s. He is going out with a 19 year old transgender woman he met in Thailand, and paid out the costs for the rest of the sex transformation for his partner.

Same person also has an obsession with Marlisa from the X-Factor and went to her concert in Sydney after she won that comp and went backstage. He came back to work and told a few mates at work that he wished that she threw her undies in the crowd because he would have sniffed it. Marlisa is 15. He's a bit different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently work with a guy in his 60s. He is going out with a 19 year old transgender woman he met in Thailand, and paid out the costs for the rest of the sex transformation for his partner.

Same person also has an obsession with Marlisa from the X-Factor and went to her concert in Sydney after she won that comp and went backstage. He came back to work and told a few mates at work that he wished that she threw her undies in the crowd because he would have sniffed it. Marlisa is 15. He's a bit different.

He's a pedophile.

What was it again voicboy? Just talking about it again recently :)

It took me a while to read through the posts and work out what the deleted post was, but I believe it would have been a picture of the book 'Post Office' by Charles Bukowski. A good book about weirdos in general, occasionally even about those he worked in the Post Office with.

It took me a while to read through the posts and work out what the deleted post was, but I believe it would have been a picture of the book 'Post Office' by Charles Bukowski. A good book about weirdos in general, occasionally even about those he worked in the Post Office with.
Hah thanks will look it up

Warehouse environments do contain some interesting 'I don't give a *" working class bogans. Walked past a lady who looks like she has come in from a time machine from 1984 and a truck driver who hasn't changed his hair style since meeting his wife at a 1987 Jimmy Barnes concert.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back