Stuff the Police - lazy bludgers, or our taxes at work

Remove this Banner Ad

Ordovician

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I came out a bit late from the Hawks v Tigers game last night and as to be expected the usual herd drunken Tigers feral bogans were being a bit rowdy. +30 years of having nothing whatsoever to cheer about has left its mark on whatever passes for a mind in these people. Nevertheless the mood was a tad ugly and so I went into vigilant mode as is wise to do when making ones way through a drunken excitable mass.

A group of four gutless Richmond thugs walked past a lone Hawks fan who was on the steps near gate 5 leaning the railings minding his own business, intent of whatever was on the screen of his smart phone. As they walked past screamed something typically moronic right into his face. Now this guy was not big or tough, maybe 175cm and 70-5 kg but obviously he was being highly offensive to these Richmond filth by minding his own business and wearing a hawks membership scarf. But unfortunately he had the temerity to tell them quite quietly to piss off.

At this the largest thug, about 192cm and +100kg took offense and decided that this was a good opportunity to pick a fight and be a hero to his weedier feral Richmond mates. I thought shite, this could get ugly. Given that lawyers are such lying pricks, some Magistrates are incompetent turds being former lawyers themselves, and that courts are just a circus for perjuring scumbags, that it was better to get those who had the protection of the law to physically interdict and had the duty to maintain law and order, to get to the scene and sort this out. Of course the other consideration was that if I had stepped in the other three could has used that as an excuse , or what ever process of reptilian impulse disguised as reasoning occurs in such utter scum, to wade in. And I have seen that a few too many times in pubs etc. with packs of bogan filth.

I had seen four police walking the scene about thirty seconds earlier and so when the alpha Richmond feral filth got the hawks supporter in a head lock I bolted for the police. I ran and got about thirty metres behind them and yelled out Police several times but they could not be stuffed even turning around. Now Do have a very loud voice but they ignored me. I had to actually grab one by the arm to gain his attention and quickly explained the situation which could have deteriorated in that intervening minute. The 4 cops started a leisurely walk back.

Perhaps this is some new fangled ALP occupation health and safety initiative to lower the rate of cops making work cover claims from having to actually discharge their duties. Now to my mind when a crime is occurring the police should make haste to the scene, particularly because if they arrive during a crime they are witness to it and the courts generally place great weight on the eye witness testimony of the police.

I pointed out that jogging to the scene might be in order but the head cop said "Ah let the drunks punch each other out". I pointed out that there were potentially 4 guys attacking one but this made no difference.

I was appalled is this type of customer focus one gets from state public servants, particularly given that I had forked over the best part of a 100k a few months previously to the state government theft apparatus in the form of stamp duties which were meant to be abolished with the introduction of GST oh so many years ago.

Clearly this was a case of f*&k you tax payer, f%#k you innocent victim, and again f#^k you tax payers of Australia if the victim had ended in hospital with serious injury racking up medical costs ~$2,000 per day plus on costs like surgery, rehab etc. At the end of the day they had guns and the force of the law, and I did not. I'd reckon a fractured skull or full scale AC separation from a scuffle on concrete steps with no permanent resultant disability would result in a median cost of around the $100,000 all funded by the Australian tax payers.

At the end of the leisurely stroll I was greatly relieved to see the victim severely shaken and not crumbled on the ground. if the latter had been the case I would have felt very guilty indeed. The cops interviewed the victim and I resumed my walk home.

I walked a for a minute and found the assailants clustered slightly behind a the nearest food having a well earned f**. I raced back to the cops and pointed the assailants out to them but to no avail. The head cop obviously trying to avoid any subsequent paper work that might actually require him some effort to do the actual work that he is in fact paid to do.

So spokesperson cop had the smug answer that if the victim was not willing to testify then there was nothing they could do and they could resume their pleasant evening stroll at time and a half or whatever their shift loading maybe. I was a bit miffed at this and continued to point to the progress of the thugs but to no avail.

At the very least they could have grabbed them and dragged them back to the scene and given them a hard time which may have given them pause for thought, I know being Richmond ferals that is drawing a very long bow indeed. But still getting an occasional speeding ticket generally slows me down for a while and perhaps it may have stoped them from committing another more serious assault that night. At the very least taking their names and giving tem a warning would have at least created a contact record in the police criminal intelligence data base.

Certainly old style cops from the 60s &70s would have at least impressed on them the folly of their behaviour if not made it perfectly clear that this type of behaviour had real consequences unlike life in the modern nanny state which does its utmost to protect the perpetrators and stuff the victims. So at turned out the only the only names gathered were my own and the victim.

All in all it was a highly discreditable effort on behalf of the Victoria police.

yikes.... sounded like a harrowing experience.

In hindsight it sounded like it would have been better to just call the cops (on the phone) and film the altercation.

I doubt the beat cops could just ignore a call from the station for them to do something.

so when the alpha Richmond feral filth got the hawks supporter in a head lock I bolted
That sounds disturbingly like what actually happened out on the field.

Why did you 'bolt'? You should have gone in vigilante style with the knee. The bystanders would have s**t brix and backed off. No wonder the cops ignored you. soft****.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to say but apart from being callous they're right, they interviewed to the victim they didn't want to press charges.

Giving the assailants a "hard time" is called harassment possibly even unlawful detainment.

The cops aren't there to protect you, never have been. A coppers job is and always has been to "detain criminals and Bring them before a magistrate" it's been updated over the years but the meaning has not.

All that protect and serve crap may well be true in the U.S. But not in Aus not once.

Poor form from the Cops. Thanks for posting ordivician, not sure if those who enforce the law lurk around Big Footy but if they were to see this I'd hope they'd be less tardy next time.

Hate to say but apart from being callous they're right, they interviewed to the victim they didn't want to press charges.

Giving the assailants a "hard time" is called harassment possibly even unlawful detainment.

The cops aren't there to protect you, never have been. A coppers job is and always has been to "detain criminals and Bring them before a magistrate" it's been updated over the years but the meaning has not.

All that protect and serve crap may well be true in the U.S. But not in Aus not once.
Good to know that it's not their job to intervene in a crime!??!!.!? Logic please.

Richmond and Collingwood are by far the worst. But it's probably just weight of numbers, big clubs.

We used to be the worst, but I think you'll find Collingwood games have been pretty clean for a while. I go to Pie games regularly, and I haven't seen a violent incident for years, considering we outnumber opposition supporters almost every week.

Compared to the 1990s for example when I saw mobs of Pie fans abuse opposition fans at Vic Park every time we played there, and brawls whenever we played Carlton and Essendon (ah the passion), we've certainly come a long way.

Richmond fans have their fair share of ferals, and I've seen them get aggressive a few times over the years.

Re OP, I've seen that outside of the footy.

A few years back I was walking near Fed Sq, and some stupid drunk teens were going at each other. I went to the cops who were about 50m away, and exactly as you described it, just casually strolled along, didn't really care. They finally arrived at the scene of the fight, reluctantly doing their job.

and yet, walking the concourse last night after the game, I saw two Richmond supporters walking up to anyone and giving them a hug, regardless of if they were Hawthorn or Richmond fans. I guess it depends on the pockets of "Richmond Ferals" you're near.
Probably on the E's.

That sounds disturbingly like what actually happened out on the field.

Why did you 'bolt'? You should have gone in vigilante style with the knee. The bystanders would have s**t brix and backed off. No wonder the cops ignored you. soft****.

We have a mental giant here people. Stand back in appreciation and ogle.

Unusual. From what I've seen police usually enjoy getting involved.

But to be honest, not really sold on your whole story.

They enjoy getting involved when the numbers are in their side. Maybe different in the suburbs but in the city they want no part of anyone who might be able to inflict physical harm on them in a scuffle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back