Stuff you've always wondered

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't say I have ever used a pen start to finish and I'm surprised the first response was someone who had.

9y4ZOaL.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So when two things are "not mutually exclusive" they can exist at the same time eg can have coffee and a biscuit?

I think when "not mutually exclusive" is used, it confuses me because it can - not not!
Usually it's used to indicate multiple options which may or may not be mutually exclusive.

So if taking one option means you can't take another, they are mutually exclusive. If you can still do the other one, they're not.

1. Driving to the game and catching public transport to the game are mutually exclusive
2. Buying a pie and buying a beer are not mutually exclusive.

Because they love it but can manage the urge to smoke all the time.

I gave up being a regular smoker years ago, but to this day still smoke 2 or 3, occasionally when i go out, maybe 2 or 3 times a year and only ever when having a few drinks.

This was the pact I made with myself when i "gave up" eg: I wasn't really giving up, just wouldn't be a regular smoker, probably could give up all together now it wouldn't bother me, but smoking 10 cigarettes a year doesn't bother me either and to be honest, I still enjoy it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back