2nds Sturt vs Port Adelaide - Round 15 @ Unley

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't watch this one and can't seem to load the SANFL website, what was the general run down?

We were second to the ball all day. Quite pitiful. The only highlight for me was Austin and Frampton standing up for themselves in a scuffle. I hope it is a Hinkley drafting character rather than a Hocking coaching characteristic.

I think some of those Sturt frees were warranted. They were harder at the contest than we were. I don't discount that we get raped with frees weekly but our ineptness gave some away today.

They let the play go a lot which was ok, but then 2 clear frees to us would be ignored then suddenly a Sturt half free would appear and it would be paid. I don't think it impacted the result but it was very poor.

I think you're right on that but the fact is this kind of discrepancy creates momentum (and Sturt had enough of it already) and who knows what would have happened if, early in the game, they didn't pay those free kicks paid to Sturt.

I think you're right on that but the fact is this kind of discrepancy creates momentum (and Sturt had enough of it already) and who knows what would have happened if, early in the game, they didn't pay those free kicks paid to Sturt.

We were second at the ball all day. We couldn't handle their man on man attention and kicked awful in the first half. We alloed them to kick clean because we played so much zone. We gave them their momentum, the umpires just put the full stop there.

We found a way to let another opportunity to get clear in the top three melt away. Teams that do that do not play grand finals. We do not have enough mature leaders out there. We need it, we're not allowed to have it. It will be our downfall.

At the start of the second quarter Kane Mitchell was running back to take a mark. He failed to do so and the ump paid a free to a Sturt player whose chin was grazed in the very minor collision. From that the ball stayed in the forward area and the first goal was kicked. Not a reason for most of the free kicks in the first half, most of those were simply because Sturt were first or tackled more ferociously but representative. And I think it affected the umpires' thinking and they would not pay us frees that they paid Sturt. For instance, in the third quarter Paul Stewart was grabbed with no prior opportunity and a free was paid. This was never paid against Sturt, all their players just came in and laid on the players and the umpires called a ball up.

WTF??????
We lost :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
To that bunch of clowns...............
Says it all about this season by our Club.

expected a 80 yo 100 point drubbing.

F***ing incomprehensible result :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Disgraceful effort, we have better players with longer term futures playing in the academy side, time for some of these POWER RESERVES players to put up or go.

Disgraceful effort, we have better players with longer term futures playing in the academy side, time for some of these POWER RESERVES players to put up or go.
No we don't...

We have to remember how young the core of the side is, blokes like frampton, palmer, Howard, Austin, masters etc have only played a handful of senior games in their lives. Other more 'experienced' players like Amon dbj Russell Harvey etc are only in their second year, forget what list they are on. Inconsistency will always be an issue with these bloke coming together. Last week we beat the top side away after they had won 9 in a row, this week we struggled away, not happy about it, but can understand why it happens.

Solid stats for Frampton, young kid having to ruck in the league side and only with a handful of games. He's going alright. Like his aggression.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't sat down and watched too many SANFL games this year and yesterday was a reminder why. Horrible scrappy game, in what looked like a Div 7 Amateur league standard oval, topped off with some shocking one sided umpiring. Is it really the second best league in Australia? It was extremely difficult to watch.

Anyone see how Yonas was live?
Flattened a couple blokes but didn't really stand out other than that. I'd be surprised if he gets picked off of that game. It was a pretty scrappy game for everyone, Sturt's pressure and tackling in the first half was pretty fierce (very Norwood-like) and we just couldn't/wouldn't/didn't open them up for more opportunities to score. The home crowd were quite chuffed with the scoreboard while they quaffed red wine and compared their latest trips to the snowfields (true story).

Edit: Oh and very little structure up forward.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back