Suarez Banned for 4 months

Remove this Banner Ad

This is political correctness gone mad.

If anything, after a third biting offence plus the racism ordeal, Suarez is lucky the ban is as short as it is! Uraguay meanwhile, are burying their heads in the sand over his behaviour, making themselves look more and more foolish every time someone from their football federation (or even government) opens their mouth about this.

BrZ0TeyIMAAFyyl.png

No it isn't.

You cannot bite people. He's been told and punished time and again and he isn't learning.
Where does a bite rate in terms of eye gouging and career threatening chicken wing tackles?

Where does a bite rate in terms of eye gouging and career threatening chicken wing tackles?
Some of those acts occur during an incident in a game. Ie. during a normal tackle that becomes unsavoury.

When is a bite ever normal or part of the game?

You expect to be tackled, you don't expect someone to bite you.

Some of those acts occur during an incident in a game. Ie. during a normal tackle that becomes unsavoury.

Point is, everyone can be very selective with their "moral outrage".

Oh yeah, see you conveniently ignoring the eye gouge bit, or is that something to be expected to occur in a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't agree with what he did either.

That also has absolutely nothing to do with this.

You can't possibly question my morals, you don't know me at all.
Not you specifically, your post was convenient is all, apologies if you took it to be questioning your personal morals.
The general "moral outrage" does tend to be coloured by club loyalties all the same.

Oh yeah, see you conveniently ignoring the eye gouge bit, or is that something to be expected to occur in a game.
Eye gouging is pretty dirty as well, which is why I didn't defend that action.

It's a 3rd offense so his prior penalties aren't doing anything so it's got to be increased.

Not you specifically, your post was convenient is all, apologies if you took it to be questioning your personal morals.
The general "moral outrage" does tend to be coloured by club loyalties all the same.
Yeah I agree it's different when it's your player. I've been on both sides of the coin, most people should be able to tell they've done the wrong thing even when it's their player.

Yeah I agree it's different when it's your player. I've been on both sides of the coin, most people should be able to tell they've done the wrong thing even when it's their player.
And when Suarez ends up at Barca, watch me turn!;)

agencia news reporting that a deal has been struck between conmebol and fifa for suarez's ban to be reduced to 5 matches and 1 month footballing ban

utterly pathetic but incredibly predictable
Wouldn't be surprised. Fifa are piss weak on appeal (Barca).

If anything he deserves longer.

That's disgraceful if its correct, but I'll believe when I see it. The damage it'd cause FIFA would be huge considering how much press the bite got around the world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back