Summer Transfer Window

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

£28million. Not a bad fee I guess.

The fee is very very good. I just think they'll regret it long term and possibly short term if Costa flops or Torres/Drogba are useless.

The fee is very very good. I just think they'll regret it long term and possibly short term if Costa flops or Torres/Drogba are useless.
Even if Costa does well, Torres and Drogba are both past it and would be the Achilles heel in that squad. Is their another striker I'm forgetting?

Even if Costa does well, Torres and Drogba are both past it and would be the Achilles heel in that squad. Is their another striker I'm forgetting?

No one is coming to mind, You'd think they would look to buy another youngish striker who could come in and play when needed.

No one is coming to mind, You'd think they would look to buy another youngish striker who could come in and play when needed.
Maybe Bamford hangs around?

They really need to buy another quality striker though. Come March, if Costa is out injured they have Torres or old man Drogba leading the line in a big CL tie, with the other on the bench.

Good signing for Everton, when's the last time they splashed £28m on a player? (Or £24m if that's the correct amount?). If Lukaku bags 20 goals a season it'll have been a great investment.

Lukaku seems extremely happy there too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good signing for Everton, when's the last time they splashed £28m on a player?

Never, Record signing for us. Kenwright is a tight bastard who hates opening up his wallet but apparently Roberto Martinez is some kind of wizard.

Wonder if Remy enters the thought process for Chelsea now.

Never, Record signing for us. Kenwright is a tight bastard who hates opening up his wallet but apparently Roberto Martinez is some kind of wizard.

Wonder if Remy enters the thought process for Chelsea now.

For 8m they should jump at it.

So Lukaku has been pushing for the move for two months apparently. Before Costa, well before Drogba.

He wanted to be sold(he asked for a transfer not a loan) at the start of last season after missing the pen in the Super Cup. Not sure exactly what happened but he wanted out pretty badly.

Would Chelsea be any more likely to take a guy with a hole in his heart?

IMO that's a bs decision. It has never effected him and he played fairly well last season.

Mourinho's comment from the Telegraph:

"Romelu was always very clear with us with his mentality and his approach was not highly motivated to come to a competitive situation with Chelsea. He wanted to play for Chelsea but he clearly wanted to be first-choice striker, but for a club of our dimension it is very difficult to promise to a player."

"That reduced, immediately, his desire to come to us. After that Everton came with an important offer and as I always say, because it's the reality of our club and we want to be inside the Financial Fair Play rules, it's always in the thoughts of the board. The important thing is that he's happy and things work well for him, he's a good kid and has his way of thinking and organising his career."

IMO that's a bs decision. It has never effected him and he played fairly well last season.
Oh I agree. I'd love for Chelsea to sign him and for him to score 10 goals this season. Would be a massive slap in the face to the scousers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back