Suns must pay for Eade, says McGuire

Remove this Banner Ad

Point is, you idiot, that Victorian clubs have the majority of their games at home - in Collingwood's case, at their home ground - without having to cope with the travel demands that interstate clubs have.
This is a massive advantage over interstate clubs.
So why doesn't your pudgy red-faced, blowhard dildo of a President stand up against this inequality and rail against this fundamental injustice? Instead, he lies about COLA and attacks our club, the best managed AFL club in the last 10+ years.
Idiot.
Wow such vitriol!

I think I'll have to add some scotch to my cola now, you wanna glass of sour grapes?

And I'm sure we will pay compensation to Freo for him.
Not the point. The loudmouth also mouthed off about clubs offering inducements to contracted personnel and how it was a blight on the game. Now he seemingly does the very thing that was a blight on the game. Hypocrisy.

If by done, you mean doing your own club up the ass by prematurely ending a dynasty with a coaching succession plan.

Thats what Eddie wanted, to be in bed with Bucks again, that is what he got. His decision making might be flawed, but he can execute a plan.

I'm sure all the Collingwood fanboys can answer this one:

Eddie jumped up and down about being demanded compensation before releasing Eade, saying he wasn't going to release Eade without financial compensation. Where did the Gold Coast state that they were not willing to offer compensation for Rocket, before Eddie threw his tanty in the media?

Ohh and congrats Eddie on your $20k compensation as it turned out. Totally worth making a national idiot of yourself.... again.

Not the point. The loudmouth also mouthed off about clubs offering inducements to contracted personnel and how it was a blight on the game. Now he seemingly does the very thing that was a blight on the game. Hypocrisy.

Where is he going to get an employee from to replace Eade?
Mars?

I'm sure all the Collingwood fanboys can answer this one:

Eddie jumped up and down about being demanded compensation before releasing Eade, saying he wasn't going to release Eade without financial compensation. Where did the Gold Coast state that they were not willing to offer compensation for Rocket, before Eddie threw his tanty in the media?

Ohh and congrats Eddie on your $20k compensation as it turned out. Totally worth making a national idiot of yourself.... again.
Yeah Einstein, where did Gold Coast say they were willing to pay compensation before Eddie had to shame them into it? Don't recall them making any offer. This fiasco has been brought about by your club's incompetence and tardiness in sacking your coach.

I couldn't care less whether the amount was $20,000 or $2, although I reckon you got off lightly, because you are such rank amateurs. It's the principle that matters, and Eddie is a man of principle and integrity. Commodities which it is pretty obvious are in very short supply at Gold Coast and in some of their supporters on BF.

I sincerely hope Gold Coast have learnt a valuable lesson from this fiasco, although I have my doubts.
For goodness sake get your s**t together, and act in a timely, professional and considerate manner in your dealings with your fellow stakeholder clubs. To do otherwise can have ramifications, as we have seen here.

Last edited:
Not going to read the whole thread but you idiots talking about s**t that happened 2-15 years ago are just stupid. There is now taxes on over paying football departments you morons. Eddie is in the right and doing a favour for any other club this happens to moving into the future. My god.

Yeah Einstein, where did Gold Coast say they were willing to pay compensation before Eddie had to shame them into it? Don't recall them making any offer. This fiasco has been brought about by your club's incompetence and tardiness in sacking your coach.

I couldn't care less whether the amount was $20,000 or $2, although I reckon you got off lightly, because you are such rank amateurs. It's the principle that matters, and Eddie is a man of principle and integrity. Commodities which it is pretty obvious are in very short supply at Gold Coast and in some of their supporters on BF.

LOL Yeah that was the anticipated response - avoid answering the actual question, reply with insults and falsities. Should've quoted Benicio for some added effect...

LOL Yeah that was the anticipated response - avoid answering the actual question, reply with insults and falsities. Should've quoted Benicio for some added effect...

Your comprehension skills are in short supply. I answered your question. Gold Coast made no offer, they had to be shamed into it. Your smart alec post deserved the response it got. I'm pleased you're not disappointed.

Most of these guys have a clause in their contract that they can terminate if offered a senior coaching job elsewhere. Not sure about Eade.
Most meaning those currently involved in a coaching position ie., development, skills, assistant, ruck etc,. Eade wasn't anyone of those so it doesn't apply in his case.
If you ask James Brayshaw's wife, the answer would be no.
Are Eddie and Sarah an item?:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You entirely miss the point. It was his action in running down another organisation then doing precisely what he claimed was outrageous behaviour. It's called hypocrisy.

Show me the quote where he said it was outrageous behaviour.

Nice try. Hard to find something which doesn't exist because you've invented it.
The loudmouth attacked the manner in which the GC pursued the matter and threatened a "break a contract blister". Fairly much the language of an outraged person I would have thought. Now his club is reported as setting about the same process.

There's none so blind as those who won't see

The loudmouth attacked the manner in which the GC pursued the matter and threatened a "break a contract blister". Fairly much the language of an outraged person I would have thought. Now his club is reported as setting about the same process.

There's none so blind as those who won't see
I think you need to admit that you're hard and fast with the truth. You accused Eddie of stating that GC indulged in outrageous behaviour. Clearly he said nothing of the sort.

Disappointing that now you've been found out you're trying to weasel out of it with deflections.

Fat Eddie also said this from same article:

McGuire, who confirmed his club also faced being slugged extra money in its football department tax bill by the AFL, told Fairfax Media: "We're doing enough subsidising at Collingwood. We subsidised Brisbane with the equalisation money and they use it to go after our gun players. We're not in the business of subsidising other club's new coaches."

I wasn't aware that Fat Eddie and Collingwood directly paid money to Brisbane under an exclusive club-to-club equalisation arrangement. Why wasn't this disclosed? Did Gillon and the AFL OK this?

So, apparently, Collingwood not only run AFL strategy, they also pay clubs directly from their own pockets?
This is corruption on a huge scale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back