Autopsy Suns v Cats - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Thursday May 16th 7:00pm - (TIO Stadium)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury lists:

Only 4 players 30+ named for Geelong (Blicavs, Guthrie, Rohan and Stewart).

No Hawkins, Tuohy, Dangerfield, Stanley, Duncan, Cameron or Bews.

7 players under 22.

What is this weird new world we're in?
We'd have a 23 with an age lower than the average for the round I'll bet. Been a long long time

They don't need Witts the best is in the ruck division. Even with Toby holding his own I'd expect him to be out of gas early then it's neale blitz
Conway 50% game time all in ruck (half of each quarter approximately, or a bit more then sub him around 3QT). Blicavs 35% in ruck, 35% elsewhere. Neale the last 10% in ruck.

Only 4 players 30+ named for Geelong (Blicavs, Guthrie, Rohan and Stewart).

No Hawkins, Tuohy, Dangerfield, Stanley, Duncan, Cameron or Bews.

7 players under 22.

What is this weird new world we're in?
Our average age from last round to this round has dropped nearly 2 full years

Something like 27.6 to 25.8....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GAME DAY

Plenty to play for the Suns and I'd like to think the boys understand the opportunity they have tonight. We're yet to be a top 8 team this year so this would be a confidence booster for the lads, even if it is against a compromised Geelong side.

Ultimately, I think it's going to come down to which team adjusts to the conditions better. It won't be pretty and there's going to be plenty of mistakes but we were able to adjust at quarter time last week and really punished the Roos in the second half. The heat and humidity is likely to be very sapping for the Cats and could see them really fade in the second half if they can't adjust the way the Suns did last week.

Let's f'n go! Suns by 16 points.

They don't need Witts the best is in the ruck division. Even with Toby holding his own I'd expect him to be out of gas early then it's neale blitz
Day will chop out Moyle in the ruck. Day was decent two weeks ago with 17 hitouts and a goal so it won't just be Moyle that will be doing it all on his own. Although these aren't prolific rucks, it could still be an interesting battle between the four lads. The Suns definitely have the better midfield on paper so the ruck battle could be really influential in who wins this game.

1) Suns win and its all to play for in 2024

2) Chris Scott will have a proper Darwin game plan

3) No Hawk No Jezza no problem

4) Young rucks should be fun before they start blowing

5) Rotating the young'uns = good big picture move

Cats by 2 goals....

https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com/2024/05/15/2024-darwin-game-2-the-real-darwin-game/

GAME DAY

Plenty to play for the Suns and I'd like to think the boys understand the opportunity they have tonight. We're yet to be a top 8 team this year so this would be a confidence booster for the lads, even if it is against a compromised Geelong side.

Ultimately, I think it's going to come down to which team adjusts to the conditions better. It won't be pretty and there's going to be plenty of mistakes but we were able to adjust at quarter time last week and really punished the Roos in the second half. The heat and humidity is likely to be very sapping for the Cats and could see them really fade in the second half if they can't adjust the way the Suns did last week.

Let's f'n go! Suns by 16 points.

Day will chop out Moyle in the ruck. Day was decent two weeks ago with 17 hitouts and a goal so it won't just be Moyle that will be doing it all on his own. Although these aren't prolific rucks, it could still be an interesting battle between the four lads. The Suns definitely have the better midfield on paper so the ruck battle could be really influential in who wins this game.

If the ruck battle is the deciding factor then enjoy singing the song

Are Suns able to back it up after 6 and 5-day breaks? Not sure if it was ever done in Darwin. These are sapping conditions. For that reason, Cats for me.

It should be fun watching young promising rucks going at it.

Humphrey was electric as sub. Can he produce again, probably in starting line-up?

Mac Andrew - joy to watch.

Suns secret weapon - coach Grigg. He knows Cats plan inside out.

Our average age from last round to this round has dropped nearly 2 full years

Something like 27.6 to 25.8....
Yet, Suns are still 1 year younger with 17 less game experience. Suns have 9 players < 50 games, Cats 5. It just illustrates where Dimma is with his list build.

Yet, Suns are still 1 year younger with 17 less game experience. Suns have 9 players < 50 games, Cats 5. It just illustrates where Dimma is with his list build.
Yeah but your important players are under that age bracket. The numbers don't matter for you, whereas they do for us because they're indicative of who we have on the park.

We're near on 1000 games of experience down on the side that was smashed in the first half against Port at home. Less again I think than the side that lost to Melbourne.

Tipping the Suns because Cats will be without Hawkins and Cameron.

They are 7-2 so they can afford to gamble on managing some key players (they might still win though which would be a big result).

When was the last time Cats played without either of those two and how do they generally go without them?

Tipping the Suns because Cats will be without Hawkins and Cameron.

They are 7-2 so they can afford to gamble on managing some key players (they might still win though which would be a big result).

When was the last time Cats played without either of those two and how do they generally go without them?
Don't think we can afford the gamble, we just don't have a choice

Back