Competitions SUPERCOACH/DREAMTEAM DISCUSSION THREAD 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you guys think of Gaff in 2015...look great at times in 2014...ready to take that next step to become a elite DT mid?

Definitely got better as the season went on and is improving his contested game as well as learning how to shake a tag as well. I'm not sure about elite, but should naturally progress this year with another year under his belt.

Definitely got better as the season went on and is improving his contested game as well as learning how to shake a tag as well. I'm not sure about elite, but should naturally progress this year with another year under his belt.

Second that, Gaff's second half of the season was incredibly good.
He went to that next level, hopefully he continues that for the whole year this year.

What do you guys think of Gaff in 2015...look great at times in 2014...ready to take that next step to become a elite DT mid?

Hard to gauge. He's fairly cheap this year, despite his strong finish to 2014 where he was used in the guts more to fill in for Scott Selwood.

Two things to remember about Gaff, is that he rarely misses a game, and can constantly rack up touches at will. You'd think he'd be more damaging in 2015

There is also the fact he simply doesn't get the ball enough. He literally runs away from an easy possession.

Basing this on absolutely nothing but a feeling in my loins, he won't be able to do this now he is captain, he has expectations and will be forced to lift.

Hard to gauge. He's fairly cheap this year, despite his strong finish to 2014 where he was used in the guts more to fill in for Scott Selwood.

Two things to remember about Gaff, is that he rarely misses a game, and can constantly rack up touches at will. You'd think he'd be more damaging in 2015

May or may not help you in making a decision on Gaff - AFL Prospectus player profile for 2015
Andrew Gaff
Gaff bounced back last season to collect at least 20 disposals in all but 3 games after failing to do so in half of his matches in 2013. He rated above average for disposals, kick rating, metres gained, intercept marks and score assist per game for a midfielder. He recorded the best kick rating of any Eagles and was dangerous around the attacking arc, recording a retention rate of 54% for his kicks into the forward 50 – the seventh-highest percentage of the top 70. He was slightly more outside compared to 2013, recording the fourth-lowest contested possession rate of the top 50 possesion winners. His run-and-carry was important, ranking second at the club for effective metres and assisted metres. After playing as a wingman, Gaff’s role changed late in the season. He attended the fourth-most centre bounces at the club from round 19. He was prolific in this time, ranking no.1 in the AFL for handball-receives, second for uncontested possessions and equal ninth for disposals.

Pretty sure it's the end of the month. It's open right now for last years SC gold subscribers.

Either way, it doesn't really matter until the nab cup starts. And soon after that, all anyone will be doing is copying the herald suns 'cheat sheets' :mad:
I hate those sheets! Everyone starts with the same team! I liked when you used to have to do your own research.

Don't think i'll be starting with any West Coast players this year, if Yeo moves into the midfield then he's a lock for me @ $357,000

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think i'll be starting with any West Coast players this year, if Yeo moves into the midfield then he's a lock for me @ $357,000

Strongly considering Lycett, his pre-season coupled with his form to end last year make him a tempting pick.

Waters injury history has me very wary.

This is my first year having a go at AFL Fantasy. In the squad of 30 after you have selected the 22 what is a good strategy with selecting the last 8 interchange players? Should they all be bottom priced at $120000 or should they be better value.

This is my first year having a go at AFL Fantasy. In the squad of 30 after you have selected the 22 what is a good strategy with selecting the last 8 interchange players? Should they all be bottom priced at $120000 or should they be better value.
Get the cheapest players that are playing round 1 . Not point in having someone like Newman unless he is upgrade from rookie list .

I would have considered Lycett if Kreuzer and Leuenberger weren't so cheap this year.

I've got Kreuzer but still have questions on the 'berger. Stefan Martin had a brilliant year last year so will demand a shared spot in the ruck, and i'm not sure Leunberger is good enough to cut it as a forward.

I would have considered Lycett if Kreuzer and Leuenberger weren't so cheap this year.

So kreuzer as a semi fwd and looney as a r 1/2 at best appeals? ??

NicNat s far better option and lycett just as good due to dpp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back