SuperCoach resources.... Your rating of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, what is SCE?
Private board (Sub board of BF Supercoach)

36 coaches making up 2 leagues (SCE#1 & SCE#2) which have won the best overall leagues title 2 of the last 3 years running and placed top 5 numerous other years of the top of my head. All the coaches were regular contributors on this forum who cut there teeth on BF main boards before being invited as part of this group.

Most of the websites have them and you'll find leagues life FFC, Tooserious, Supercoachscores, FF and YSCC all with their own version of elite leagues with most have private forums, I think. SCPaige also claims to have an elite league I think but they are often so s**t they don't come up on the first page.

But seriously, all good posters with good knowledge of each AFL club and more importantly, some of the best knowledge of the Supercoach Game and Champion Data workings.

Not sure if we have a few spots open this year but we will certainly be ramping up very soon to so how many of the 36 from 2014 will back up again, usually we loose a couple each season and need to recruit.

Sorry, what is SCE?
Group of ex-BF posters that are better than the rest of us and pretty much only post on their own private board, bar one or two (like NT Thunder)

There results are pretty impressive tho
Tragics finished as the 16th league overall in their first year with no real concerted effort towards league standings and just a bunch of random people. In fact, the focus was on prize money for final placings within the league, not on overall league placing.

Imagine if we all just worked together as the BigFooty Community and tried to help each other instead of breaking up in to private/secret groups. Could take out spots 1-5 maybe?

Just saying..

Tragics finished as the 16th league overall in their first year with no real concerted effort towards league standings and just a bunch of random people. In fact, the focus was on prize money for final placings within the league, not on overall league placing.

Imagine if we all just worked together as the BigFooty Community and tried to help each other instead of breaking up in to private/secret groups. Could take out spots 1-5 maybe?

Just saying..

Agreed completely!

There results are pretty impressive tho
They also have the benefit of all our (mere BF mortal's) knowledge and advice, plus their own secret discussions which we're deemed too far down the chain to be privy too.

You will find a lot of these guys posting around the boards throughout the year, especially in their individual club boards. A lot of our guys are also commenting on individual posts assisting to some degree super coaches on here. I think you'll find that all of us like to identify ourselves as BigFooty members before being SCE members as this is where we all cut our teeth.

A few years ago the Dreamteam forum used to be utter rubbish and was so hard to navigate around the trolls and misleading posts that we were losing most of the quality members to outside private forums like FFC. There was no where you could sit and have a quite chat about anything DT & SC related without being bombarded by rubbish posts. The SuperCoach thread was never as bad and it's really becoming a lot more popular as the years go by.

The Supercoach board is and always has been at a better standard then the Dreamteam board and it looks to be continually improving.

Jiska don't think of the SCE guys as being arrogant or "better than the rest of us" because individually we all have some good years and all have ordinary years. Look at Impromptu who has spent a lot of time on this forum who went from winning it one year to bombing out completely the next.

Why we continually post good league results is due to the fact the entire 18 coaches of each league continually to work through the year on their individual teams regardless on how well they are doing. As soon as one coach throws in the towel for the season, the league is shot and will begin to fall.

We don't know anyones teams until after lockout round#1 which prevents or rather limits the issue of "group think" and we certainly respect individuals posts regarding player and team developments because there is always someone that knows better than you.

A few of spend time in here still and do make comments on such threads as "rate my team" but it is hard to be everywhere at once.

Our guys are always closely following these boards though particularly looking at poster quality and individual results as like I said before we always have spots come up each year. More often than not we will look at posting quality over individual results because we are firm believers that with the right information available we can help improve many coaches rankings.

I'm always happy to offer some advice, but I'll be honest, I'm more of a gut feel kind of coach rather than numbers. i look at basic statistics but nothing like what some of you guys in here and in SCE throw around. At the end of the day you need to back yourself in and trust your gut. If you continually follow other coaches leads you'll forever be chasing someone. Look at Impromptu again, the guy thinks outside the square every year and is willing to back his judgement and never die wondering. Made him $50k richer a couple of seasons ago.

So what kind of esoteric knowledge does a member of this cabal possess that the mere mortals do not?

So what kind of esoteric knowledge does a member of this cabal possess that the mere mortals do not?
Nothing really, except a lot of experience and a fair stack of common sense and logic.

There's nothing that special.

Opening it up would completely defeat the purpose of creating it in the first place, and I could guarantee that it would result in none of us continuing to discuss SuperCoach seriously on BigFooty. You just have to look at basically every other SuperCoach forum - they were almost all started by very good but frustrated posters on the BigFooty SuperCoach Board who wanted to create a discussion on a higher level.

Internally or externally, you'll lose the best posters either way - it's happened like that ever since I rocked up on the Dream Team Board in 2007. At least this way we are still around.

Last edited:
A few years ago the Dreamteam forum used to be utter rubbish and was so hard to navigate around the trolls and misleading posts that we were losing most of the quality members to outside private forums like FFC. There was no where you could sit and have a quite chat about anything DT & SC related without being bombarded by rubbish posts.
Create rules and mod those idiots off BF; wouldn't be the first board. Can't speak for Dreamteam as I never frequent there.

Jiska don't think of the SCE guys as being arrogant or "better than the rest of us" because individually we all have some good years and all have ordinary years. Look at Impromptu who has spent a lot of time on this forum who went from winning it one year to bombing out completely the next.
I believe that they are saying exactly that; actions speak louder than words.

Opening it up would completely defeat the purpose of creating it in the first place, and I could guarantee that it would result in none of us continuing to discuss SuperCoach seriously on BigFooty. You just have to look at basically every other SuperCoach forum - they were almost all started by very good but frustrated posters on the BigFooty SuperCoach Board who wanted to create a discussion on a higher level.

Internally or externally, you'll lose the best posters either way - it's happened like that ever since I rocked up on the Dream Team Board in 2007. At least this way we are still around.
I'm sure we discussed this exact topic twelve months ago. None of SCE, with the exception of a few like NT Thunder, discuss SuperCoach seriously on BigFooty anyway, at least not in public. You say we'll lose the best posters by opening up the SCE board, but 90% of those posters don't post SC talk outside that board anyway, so for all intent and purposes they are already lost to the BF Community. Just because said people post in a private forum where only 36 people can read their posts, doesn't mean they are still part of the BigFooty Community, it means they are part of the SCE Community and I see absolutely no connection or correlation between the two. There's no point in having the best posters posting in a private forums no-one can see.

I know we don't agree on this, and we likely never will, but you're either part of the BF Community or your not part of it, and having your own private little section away from everyone else, by definition, puts you in to the latter category.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best part of the SCE board is the lack of restrictions related to being "family friendly'. Best sexy women thread on this site and only 36 people plus some mods get to see it.

Last edited:
Best part of the SCE board is the lack of restrictions related to being "family friendly'. Best sexy women thread on this site and only 36 people get to see it plus some mods get to see it.
It's about time I was granted access given I'm a mod of these here boards :p

Best part of the SCE board is the lack of restrictions related to being "family friendly'. Best sexy women thread on this site and only 36 people plus some mods get to see it.

I'm a monty to contribute very very well to that thread...

Whoever was asking about Paige's position last year, it was 32,494. (RAMPAIGE) which I dare say would be lower than 90% of this board.

Thats embarrassing, must have started the site when she got booed off every other forum.

Whoever was asking about Paige's position last year, it was 32,494. (RAMPAIGE) which I dare say would be lower than 90% of this board.
And yet still better than her strike rate with rumours and news.

Create rules and mod those idiots off BF; wouldn't be the first board. Can't speak for Dreamteam as I never frequent there.

I believe that they are saying exactly that; actions speak louder than words.

I'm sure we discussed this exact topic twelve months ago. None of SCE, with the exception of a few like NT Thunder, discuss SuperCoach seriously on BigFooty anyway, at least not in public. You say we'll lose the best posters by opening up the SCE board, but 90% of those posters don't post SC talk outside that board anyway, so for all intent and purposes they are already lost to the BF Community. Just because said people post in a private forum where only 36 people can read their posts, doesn't mean they are still part of the BigFooty Community, it means they are part of the SCE Community and I see absolutely no connection or correlation between the two. There's no point in having the best posters posting in a private forums no-one can see.

I know we don't agree on this, and we likely never will, but you're either part of the BF Community or your not part of it, and having your own private little section away from everyone else, by definition, puts you in to the latter category.
Ok, so let's just say SCE was never created in 2008.

NT.Thunder, fodzilla and co. would most likely have gone the way of FBDonkey, athomas, PK Le Grand and other great fantasy players of the past who now no longer use BigFooty at all. They would also most likely no longer be posting on club boards, or playing as part of BigFooty club board leagues. SuperCoach Elite would not exist and FFC, YSCC or similar would take out the league titles. You would prefer this?

I suppose the counter argument is the immeasurable number of other good posters or potential good posters that may have been lost to other sites due to the lack of conversation left by the void of this group isolating themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back