Survivor 28: Cagayan (Brawn, Brains, Beauty) [No Spoilers]

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope they put another idol out there Spencer finds it and tasha keeps winning immunity.
Really don't want any of the other clowns to win.

I've never believed that production tells contestants who they want to keep where the idols are, but there's a fair stench around this one.

Im just giving credit to Tony, there was only one clue about it and when nobody found it after the first few days ppl just moved on from it. With no more clues it left everyones mind except Tonys because he knew he was on the chopping block

I dont think we get the real appreciation for idol searching on the TV. The series Malcolm searched for the idol the week he was voted out, ppl were saying they were shocked he only searched so little and gave up when he got heat from other contestants, but malcolme said he searched day and night and cut up his hands real bad from digging right in front of the contestants but he just couldnt find it, said he turned the area upside down but we only saw him snooping around.

Same thing probs happened with Tony, he couldve been searching for the entire day digging s**t up, he couldve looked at a hundred tree stumps before that one

Still fortunate though, but they do always get found

He pulls a few leaves out of all the gaps in the tree and has a quick look , and then when he comes to where it is, he someone how sees a tiny bit of something sticking out in a place with many rocks sitting in the ground, and for some reason decides to dig like crazy.
All this at the same time Jefra looks like flipping to target him.

It stinks, it stinks, it stinks.

Thoughts on whether Tony should reveal the power of his idol

One possibilty is people never vote for him, they think one tribal at a time and everytime they say "well theres no point voting Tony lets just figure him out later", until its F5 and really too late

Other possibility is everyone decides its too powerful and vote him at the next tribal to flush it out, this would create a very interesting group dynamic

I dont see a reason for him to tell them, if someone like Spencer had it, you'd yell from the hills about its power trying to buy some extra weeks

Thoughts on whether Tony should reveal the power of his idol

One possibilty is people never vote for him, they think one tribal at a time and everytime they say "well theres no point voting Tony lets just figure him out later", until its F5 and really too late

Other possibility is everyone decides its too powerful and vote him at the next tribal to flush it out, this would create a very interesting group dynamic

I dont see a reason for him to tell them, if someone like Spencer had it, you'd yell from the hills about its power trying to buy some extra weeks

No way would he be stupid enough to tell anybody.

If he does, they would be absolutely stupid NOT to vote for him. Unless they reckon they can beat him.

You need to get that advantage out of there at the earliest opportunity. They now need to vote him out twice and there are only five eliminations left.

He pulls a few leaves out of all the gaps in the tree and has a quick look , and then when he comes to where it is, he someone how sees a tiny bit of something sticking out in a place with many rocks sitting in the ground, and for some reason decides to dig like crazy.
All this at the same time Jefra looks like flipping to target him.

It stinks, it stinks, it stinks.
Was very fishy that he found it at that exact same time. Although could have just been the editing
I wouldn't mind so much if it was just a normal idol. The fact that its a special one is ridiculous
especially so close to the end of the game. It is a one way ticket to the end.
Yul's win on china is tainted because of this idol.

Yeah, not a fan of that idol, but I'm not sure why anyone would think it is a conspiracy to favour Tony.

Tony rules, though. Great to see a player who is shrewd and cunning yet at the same time paranoid and impulsive. Not sure what he was doing at the end of tribal there. #spyshack #bagoftricks

Not sad to see Jeremiah go. For most of the season I wanted to believe he just sounded dumb because of the accent, but nah, he was actually an idiot. Always funny to see people reveal their delusional self-importance by making a big deal of their "secret" profession. Happens often on Survivor, but fashion model is the most pathetic example so far. Great stuff and good commentary by Spencer.

No way would he be stupid enough to tell anybody.

If he does, they would be absolutely stupid NOT to vote for him. Unless they reckon they can beat him.

You need to get that advantage out of there at the earliest opportunity. They now need to vote him out twice and there are only five eliminations left.

Hes irrational like that though, thats what I'm pinning my hopes on, he just tells Woo or Trish in a moment of excitement

Theres always the other side that they just work it out. They know theres an idol out there with powers, they know Tony has something (he said it was fake, but I dont think they'll believe it), so it would natural for them to assume he has a super idol, so they may just decide to flush him next week anyway because the worst thing can happen is they get rid of a potential winner who already has 3 idol votes

I imagine it could play out that way next week, he really flirted on the edge by pulling it out at tribal, and by Spencer saying he'd vote for him if he made F3 that may have pushed him over

Hope thats how it plays out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t idol. Definitely needs a firm limit, like it must be played before final 6 or something. Having so many idols running around in the game is already dodgy, but atleast playing them requires skill. Now they basically gave them a get out of jail free card.

Other than Spencer or Woo i couldn't give a s**t about the rest. Though Spence really needs to tone down his arrogance, needs to stop running his mouth at check and wait til he's at checkmate.

Thing is though, there is no way we can tell how long Tony looked for that idol. They can't air 11 hours of footage consisting of him just searching for it. One thing seems fairly certain though, he was the only one who had remembered about the idol and had the initiative to search for it without being given some clue.

Don't really like it though, I agree. Regular idols require intuition and a bit of luck in play, this one is overpowered to the max.

On an aside, what would happen if Spencer had passed his idol to Jeremiah, and then Tony got voted out and played his special idol? Rock drawing for the remaining contestants?

Tony, Spencer and Kass are the only ones that deserve to win really since they seem to be the only ones that have made any decent moves.

Like Woo, but hasn't quite done enough to this point and seems to be getting a 'personality' edit. Jefra is the kind of girl I'd take home to show my mother. Innocent and very cute. However she has no sense of strategy at all. Even her half hearted move to vote off Tony was based on temporary emotions.

Trish however had the best quote of the episode about the Papaya's : "They look like Morgan's boobs" :D

s**t idol. Definitely needs a firm limit, like it must be played before final 6 or something. Having so many idols running around in the game is already dodgy, but atleast playing them requires skill. Now they basically gave them a get out of jail free card.

Other than Spencer or Woo i couldn't give a s**t about the rest. Though Spence really needs to tone down his arrogance, needs to stop running his mouth at check and wait til he's at checkmate.
I reckon spencer would have lost some fans that episode was arrogant and disrespectful.
As for woo, seems like a cool guy but he is a plodder in terms of the game. He, Jeffra and to a lesser extent kass have almost no shot at winning.

For those who don't want to know about something that was shown in the 'next episode' of survivor add

woo hoo for an auction next week, wonder if Tony will go hard for the eventual idol clue or let Spencer throw his budget at it?

Ugh that idol is a game breaker. Has to be one of the worst decisions by the production team to put into the game something so stupidly overpowered.

On an aside, what would happen if Spencer had passed his idol to Jeremiah, and then Tony got voted out and played his special idol? Rock drawing for the remaining contestants?

I'd presume they'd do a revote without Jeremiah and Tony.

It seems like a stupidly late time in the season for an idol with so much power. Not a fan at all.

I am glad that Jeremiah left, Woo is worth keeping just for his interviews.

The idol was placed there a long time ago but nobody could find it and they forgot about it

Not sure if they couldve pulled it out or not at some point, what if nobody had found it up until F5?

The idol was placed there a long time ago but nobody could find it and they forgot about it

Not sure if they couldve pulled it out or not at some point, what if nobody had found it up until F5?
Oh right, I thought it was only an episode or so back. I still think there's far too much power in it post-merge. I was expecting it to have to be used before final 5 or something, at the very least.

I don't know what to make of Tony. I think he's playing an okay Survivor game, maybe great considering who he has in his alliance, but I can't get behind a Tony win. Something about him shits me, the whole spying thing is just over the top and now he has this stupid freaking idol that gets him a free ride.

God that's just as bad as Redemption Island.

Do like Tasha though. Strong in challenges, has played a strategic game, albeit not so much since Kass flipped, and hasn't really pissed any one off. I can get on board her winning.

Woo would probably be a good dude to get high with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back