Swans recruit likes Anti Adam Pages on Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the booing increased after people realised he was too precious to cop it.

People stop booing when they can see it's futile.

Pity Adam was too self absorbed to realise that.

That's rubbish. Joel Selwood will get booed by any number of opposition clubs' supporters, if not from the start of the game, then after he's drawn his first free kick. It has no discernible effect on him, good or bad. But London to a brick it will happen again in Round 1, 2016. In that instance it's about football and it's fair game. With Goodes, it was something about him as a person (however people choose to justify it), which is why it became a lot tougher for him to swallow.

He is a young impressionable young man with an opinion that some don't agree with - fancy that. With hindsight I'm sure he would of liked to go back and remove them so that he didn't cop this type of crap but maybe he stands by his opinion (haven't read any papers or this thread to see if he has had to apologise)

This is why I told my kids to use a different name on social media. There are an awful lot of people with nothing to do who revel in making mountains out of molehills.

Why anyone would want to place this sort of pressure on a kid is beyond me. Character building no doubt :rolleyes:

Please point to me where Goodes has said anything about this? You are making stuff up.
Its not about what he said about it. Its about how he has already forced everyone in to feeling they have to like them or there racist, sad man he is

Except he was not booed every week before calling out that girl for racism. The booing only started after he started taking a stand on Aboriginal issues.
And sniping, staging for free kicks and of course after two weeks after he was made Australian of the Year for doing basically nothing (not that he is unique there) saying that Europeans had been committing rape and theft for 200 years. His AOTY speech was very good but if a white person had said something so derogatory about another race as he did in early Feb, they would have been stripped of AOTY within the hour. Australians hate people getting special treatment and hate sooks even more and Goodes who was a hero to many managed to destroy his reputation and then tried to dodge the blame.

The worst aspect of the whole Goodes episode was that it branded a sport that's done more for reconciliation than any other as being racist.

The AFL take most responsibility for that.

But Adam too needs to realise his narcissistic personality is counter productive to the cause he's supposed to be pushing.

That's rubbish. Joel Selwood will get booed by any number of opposition clubs' supporters, if not from the start of the game, then after he's drawn his first free kick. It has no discernible effect on him, good or bad. But London to a brick it will happen again in Round 1, 2016. In that instance it's about football and it's fair game. With Goodes, it was something about him as a person (however people choose to justify it), which is why it became a lot tougher for him to swallow.

Mate I've been to plenty of highly strung Dockers/Geelong games, the booing that Goodes copped in the Qualifying final this year from the get go was much worse than what Selwood ever had to deal with from us.

Mate I've been to plenty of highly strung Dockers/Geelong games, the booing that Goodes copped in the Qualifying final this year from the get go was much worse than what Selwood ever had to deal with from us.

That wasn't my point. Quite the opposite. It wasn't a 'Poor Selwood cops it and just gets on with the game' post. I was saying that it's not fair to compare the booing of Goodes to the standard booing of a player that has changed clubs and is coming up against his old team for the first time, or a player that has been involved in a reportable incident during the game, or a player that has been on the receiving end of a few dodgy free kicks. The booing of Goodes was deeper than that and we don't know how another player would react to a similar situation, because no player in recent memory has been singled out for such a level of abuse that had little to nothing to do with football. The closest is probably Milne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodes retired partly because he did not want to deal with this s**t anymore and even after retiring it is still being brought up.

If he doesn't want to deal with this s**t, his move into politics may not be well thought out

Has he seen question time?

Why does this always get back to racism?

I thought Goodes was a f/wit before he called out that girl. I still think he's a f/wit.

Yet I support his stance on indigenous issues.

Players that stage & prance around with that FIGJAM strut will always be disliked by opposition supporters.

Goodes was too self absorbed (i.e. a f/wit) to accept that.

Because according to the swans posters, you just having that opinion means your racist

How can this guy like those pages therefore and not be a racist by that measure?

The worst aspect of the whole Goodes episode was that it branded a sport that's done more for reconciliation than any other as being racist.

The AFL take most responsibility for that.

But Adam too needs to realise his narcissistic personality is counter productive to the cause he's supposed to be pushing.

You make it sound like he is mentally disturbed or something.

Because according to the swans posters, you just having that opinion means your racist

How can this guy like those pages therefore and not be a racist by that measure?

You're not racist until you boo.

Someone should ask Tyrone's opinion on global warming, Islamism, gay marriage, abortion, Essendon's drug program etc. It may be that he's the worst human being ever.

You're not racist until you boo.

Someone should ask Tyrone's opinion on global warming, Islamism, gay marriage, abortion, Essendon's drug program etc. It may be that he's the worst human being ever.

That's not true

I've never booed him, but I was deemed a racist like many others on this board for thinking he's a precious douchebag who is a sook and a sniper on the field

Apparently the only rational reason to think that is ....... You're a racist

I think you overestimate the amount of stupid people in the country.
The pleasure in reading these posts is imagining all the fence sitters being exposed to bad advocacy and deciding they disagree.

Dont know about you guys but i liked those pages purely because i could see my friends liking funny photos from the pages in question and i wanted to see them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back