Official Match Thread Sweet FA Round 10: Southern Dragons vs Fighting Furies @ Dragon Island (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

lsdr.png
versus
lfur.png

Ladder Positions
Code:
  Team              P  W  L  D  Pen  For  Agnst %      Pts L5    Streak Change GB  Chase
1. Fighting Furies    9  6  3  -  -    1003 769  130.43  24  WLWWW 3W    +1    Ldr  -
3. Southern Dragons  9  6  3  -  -    751  706  106.37  24  WWWWW 5W    -      -0.5 -

Preview

It's pretty easy to decide without batting an eyelid that this is going to be the match of the round.

The Southern Dragons, in third, host the Fighting Furies, in first, and both teams come into the game in astounding and brilliant form.

The Dragons have won their past five, coming from a slow start in losing three of their first four, and despite a weak percentage in comparison to their top-four peers, they have rediscovered their Season 14 form that saw them win a minor premiership.

The Furies, on the other hand, travel to Dragon Island as favourites. Their scoring ability is absolutely unmatched this season, averaging 111 points per game, and with the strongest percentage in the competition by a fair way, they are so difficult to stop when on a roll.

That roll is something the Dragons will look to lock down upon, especially through the midfield. Tackling nut WAG may be in even better form that what took him to third place in the Mobbenfuhrer Medal and a TFLUA-Tiger Medal last year, while the experienced Gibbsy is stepping up to provide extra run and carry with consistent captain Ljp86.

They will need to ensure that the Furies' wealthy midfield does not overwhelm them.

Filthy Sanchez, Grockadoc, hougie, captain blood 17 and Eagleoz83. The fantastic five have lifted their individual and collaborative games to soaring new heights this year. They can play inside and outside, they can run and carry yet win clearances and they can hit the scoreboard, and the fact that any of them can damage at a given point is why the Furies have been so emphatic this season.

With that comes the quantity and quality of inside 50 delivery, in which rfctigerarmy and Nuffers have thrived, kicking 21 and 20 goals respectively, forcing tough decisions and match-ups for opponents.

However, MD may yet have his final say. The crafty ball-winning ruckman has a huge opportunity ahead of him, yet comes up against tigland, who is in the form of his career, averaging 20 disposals. If MD can win this battle, the Dragons have a huge chance.

Although their forward line doesn't contain a prominent goalkicker as of yet, getting it up their end itself is vital, as plenty of their midfielders can score.

However, their lack of prowess up forawrd may cause their downfall. Defensively, they should hold their own, but offensively the Furies will still trump them.

Furies by 23 points

Teams

Southern Dragons

B: Gentlemen, Pie4Life, Silent Alarm
HB: Illbethejudge, drd23, MisterMarto
C: The Half Back, Gibbsy, Ljp86
HF: WishinAintGettin, Big Bad Buddy, Speck
F: PooMonkey, Andonis1997, YouDontKnowJack
Foll: moondog21, boncer34, Easty
Int: kayliesharks, Zainta

In: boncer34 (East Side Hawks)
Out: Tomahawk_

Fighting Furies

B: slimdusty4, TD27, tugga
HB: Cotch 9, flaps, mcuzzy
C: BILC, Filthy Sanchez, captain blood 17
HF: Cutty, Equus, hougie
F: fightingfury_88, rfctigerarmy, Nuffers
Foll: Tigland, EagleOz83, Grockadoc
Int: Spudregus_87, RT73

No change

Players to Watch - The Stat My B*tch Up report

The Furies perhaps have the biggest spread of midfield talent in the league at the moment, but no player is more pivotal to that than ruckman tigland. He currently averages over 11 hitouts per game, a number superior to that of all ruckmen this year, but more importantly he doubles as an extra midfielder himself, averaging 20 disposals and approximately a goal a game. The Dragons will need to contain the tough big man to give themselves the biggest advantage they can.

The Dragons have awoken from their early season slumber to race to third on the ladder, but well awake nice and early was WAG. Backing up third place in the Mobbenfuhrer Medal, he doesn't win the ball like others do, but instead wins clearances, tackles and contested ball as well as anyone else, and on top of that he's the most reliable player in the competition, with the most games to date over 75 Exie points (8 from 9). Without him, the Dragons would find it very difficult to reach the form they're in.

Playing History

(by Mobbenfuhrer)

Matches : 21

Wins :FUR : 8 , SDR : 12 , Draw(s) : 1
Home :FUR : 4 , SDR : 6 , Draw(s) : 0
Away :FUR : 3 , SDR : 6 , Draw(s) : 1
Finals :FUR : 1 , SDR : 0 , Draw(s) : 0

FUR biggest winning margin : 43 (FURSDR08.13S)
SDR biggest winning margin : 70 (SDRFUR14.14S)

FUR Highest score : 132 (Rd 13, Season 08)
FUR Highest home score : 132 (Rd 13, Season 08)
FUR Highest away score : 115 (Rd 02, Season 09)
FUR Highest finals score : 101 (Rd 2S, Season 10)
SDR Highest score : 159 (Rd 14, Season 14)
SDR Highest home score : 159 (Rd 14, Season 14)
SDR Highest away score : 125 (Rd 02, Season 11)
SDR Highest finals score : 78 (Rd 2S, Season 10)

Longest winning streak (FUR) : 3 (Rd 02, 09 to Rd 01, 10)
Longest winning streak (SDR) : 3 (Rd 02, 11 to Rd 16, 11)

MATCH BY MATCH :
================
Rd 07, 08 SDR 13.11.89 FUR 14.11.95 (FUR)
Rd 13, 08 FUR 20.12.132 SDR 14.5.89 (FUR)
Rd 21, 08 SDR 14.10.94 FUR 14.8.92 (SDR)
Rd 02, 09 SDR 12.7.79 FUR 16.19.115 (FUR)
Rd 11, 09 FUR 14.10.94 SDR 10.9.69 (FUR)
Rd 01, 10 FUR 13.12.90 SDR 10.9.69 (FUR)
Rd 08, 10 SDR 15.11.101 FUR 8.8.56 (SDR)
Rd 15, 10 FUR 12.10.82 SDR 15.12.102 (SDR)
Rd 2S, 10 SDR 11.12.78 FUR 15.11.101 (FUR)
Rd 02, 11 FUR 11.6.72 SDR 18.17.125 (SDR)
Rd 09, 11 SDR 13.16.94 FUR 13.10.88 (SDR)
Rd 16, 11 FUR 10.13.73 SDR 16.16.112 (SDR)
Rd 02, 12 SDR 7.7.49 FUR 7.7.49 (Draw)
Rd 09, 12 FUR 11.9.75 SDR 13.11.89 (SDR)
Rd 04, 13 FUR 16.10.106 SDR 16.11.107 (SDR)
Rd 11, 13 SDR 20.15.135 FUR 14.11.95 (SDR)
Rd 16, 13 SDR 11.11.77 FUR 13.14.92 (FUR)
Rd 07, 14 FUR 9.9.63 SDR 7.14.56 (FUR)
Rd 14, 14 SDR 24.15.159 FUR 13.11.89 (SDR)
Rd 16, 14 SDR 11.18.84 FUR 12.11.83 (SDR)
Rd 03, 15 FUR 13.7.85 SDR 18.15.123 (SDR)

Dragons have the opportunity to set a record streak of (4) wins over the Furies. Both teams' current streak records sit at three, though a draw bisects a chain of seven matches during which the Dragons were not beaten by their opponents.

Big game this one. Time to make the Dragons look like MD Fantasy EPL Team :thumbsu:

The Dragons season resembles my EPL fantasy side. Start the season in exhibition mode, then begin to fix up glaring errors and mistakes, before beginning an unsurpassable winning streak. This match is another chapter in what is eventuating into a prominent season for the Dragon faithful.

The question remains, who can stop this Dragons juggernaut. I get the feeling the Furies will become another statistic in the fire of the Dragons belly.

That's quite ironic coming from a suckermouth.

Nah mate, shark. I shark alot of Tiggy's tapwork. Catch me if you can urchin.

Nah mate, shark. I shark alot of Tiggy's tapwork. Catch me if you can urchin.
That all depends on whether or not little Tiggy actually gets first hand to the ball (not counting the squirrelgrip)

With the Dragons ruck and midfield brigade breathing fire, that outcome is unlikely.

PS: Are you suggesting a homeless boy can't run?

That all depends on whether or not little Tiggy actually gets first hand to the ball (not counting the squirrelgrip)

With the Dragons ruck and midfield brigade breathing fire, that outcome is unlikely.

PS: Are you suggesting a homeless boy can't run?

Depends. Are they "livin' under the street, hard case that's tough to beat. a charity case, so buy him somethin' to eat, he'll pay me at another tiiiimmmmmeeee?
Should he not pay me back, then he better run, or i'll burn his carboard box down.

*too far???

Depends. Are they "livin' under the street, hard case that's tough to beat. a charity case, so buy him somethin' to eat, he'll pay me at another tiiiimmmmmeeee?
Should he not pay me back, then he better run, or i'll burn his carboard box down.

You make some good points, but you're forgetting that a "homeless boy" would be too young, hence ineligible to represent any club in the SFA.

It looks like you'd better grab yourself that cardboard box and hide under it for a while, because we are coming breathing fire.

There should be a preview on the two flog cutters that are playing in each game just for shits and gigs.

Anyway, CARN DRAGONS, let's keep knocking sides off until we are on top!!

Took out the Wonders last week so the Furies shouldn't be too hard, I mean it is the Furies after all.

But wouldn't a fire retartant (or however its spelt) blanket be better? A box simply won't do for protection against your fire.
But now at least we know enough of your game plan to be prepared.
BILC, make sure you pack the fire proof suits. Looks like it's gonna be hot, hot, hot in the middle. Make sure they're UV 30+ as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There should be a preview on the two flog cutters that are playing in each game just for shits and gigs.

Anyway, CARN DRAGONS, let's keep knocking sides off until we are on top!!

Took out the Wonders last week so the Furies shouldn't be too hard, I mean it is the Furies after all.

Oh, i expect to see some "elite" posting for sure.

We've already knocked off a top side to get into this position, we won't be giving up our streak to this bunch.

They're so used to seeing a team they love lose day in, day out, even under the most extraordinary conditions, even when it looks like they can't, they'll rage madly for a bit, then just take it on the chin, pack up and get ready for next week. :(

There would be no fun involved in that Filthy.

It's time to come out of my shell - its time to put the Furies to the sword.

Oh God not this clown. How appropriate that we meet during trade week. Why don't we organise a deal BBB. We can have a new media article everyday as we make the biggest swap in SFA history then on the last day we troll everybody and trade back. Sound good? I knew you'd be keen:thumbsu:

I feel sorry for whoever you name to line up against me on the back flank!
I will torch them and to make it more enjoyable for moi, I shall then proceed to fling couric after couric at them and any Furie who gets in my way!

(1 couric equals approximately 2.5 pounds of excrement.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back