Official Match Thread Sweet FA S15 Round 14: East Side Hawks vs Geelong Gumbies at Waverley Park

Remove this Banner Ad

The battle for the Wooden Spoon hots up this week as the team known as the "All around nice guys" East Side Hawks host the team known as "The most flexible group of collective playdoh" Geelong Gumbies.

The Hawks are coming off a heart breaking loss to the Demons last week, when a goal in the dying minutes stole what looked like a certain victory for the Hawks. Once again, it was Gilbert_Hodge in fine form in the "guts" for the Hawks, whilst young guns akkaps and Magpies2010 were serviceable again. If the Hawks are to get a victory this week, more will have to come from up forward, the switching of akkaps to the key forward role this week to support Dagless should help, but the flanks and pockets need to step up again. Matt121 continues his strong form in front of goal, but lacks the support needed to carry the Hawks to victory.

The Gumbies season of woe was delivered a ray of glistening light last week as they dismantled the Roys to keep their hopes of ascending from the bottom of the ladder alive. Gumbies stars Claypigeon and StFly were outstanding again, but it was wotdoiput that was the Gumbies shining light in the midfield, dominating the contest and carrying the floppy ones to a majestic 4 point win. The move of winty to Full Forward was a match winning one for the Gumbies, he booted 4 in the victory in a season that has been extremely difficult for forwards, the question will remain, can the Gumbies carry that form through to a second straight week and put themselves in the box seat to not grasp the wooden spoon and hand the Hawks their 2nd straight.

My Prediction: One of these two sides will win, unless it's a draw, then neither side will win.

And lo, are we able to face a team in similar dire need of a win, with the ability to both win consecutive matches this year and have a buddy sitting on the same points with us.

I see our closest rival for the spoon, I see a way to not get it ourselves, I like that option better than having one.:thumbsu:

It is all you deserve Claypigeon you giant FLOG of a man...

Big game this week for the Hawks, in between the abusive rants of a lost little boy in Clay and the inane ramblings of an old codger in Fly, this should be interesting....

Big week for you Fly, heading up to the Eastern Oval on the weekend?

It is all you deserve Claypigeon you giant FLOG of a man...

Big game this week for the Hawks, in between the abusive rants of a lost little boy in Clay and the inane ramblings of an old codger in Fly, this should be interesting....

Big week for you Fly, heading up to the Eastern Oval on the weekend?

Haven't decided yet, chances are probably not since the old man & his friends like to sink the piss and engage in the Sunbury v rest of the comp mentality which gets tiresome to say the least. That and Ballarat is a right shithole.

Was an entirely s**t place to be at when the news re our 18's was handed down, never seen so many dejected people after winning a match.

Haven't decided yet, chances are probably not since the old man & his friends like to sink the piss and engage in the Sunbury v rest of the comp mentality which gets tiresome to say the least. That and Ballarat is a right shithole.

Was an entirely s**t place to be at when the news re our 18's was handed down, never seen so many dejected people after winning a match.

Haha.. Isn't that the Sunbury way though :p I am heading up there, should be another ripping Granny between the two Lions... :thumbsu:

Lets be honest here, the Gumbies are pretty s**t. Bottom of the ladder, no outstanding penmenship on these boards from anyone at the club. There are 2 or 3 that are vastly over-rated.

No chance this Monday. Hawks in a canter #GiddyUp

Haha.. Isn't that the Sunbury way though :p I am heading up there, should be another ripping Granny between the two Lions... :thumbsu:

Sad but true, doesn't mean those of us who only played juniors don't get shitty with the persistent nature of it, since we weren't part of the BFL hatred as the juniors weren't aligned with the 18's & up when I went through.

It is good to see 3 blokes I either played with or went to school with in the side though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

East Side Hawks 10.8 (68) defeated Geelong Gumbies 6.15 (51)

Round 10 last season.

Gumbies are a much shitter club this season whilst the hawks are a tad better. Honestly can not see anything but a Hawks win in this matchup. My prediction? Hawks by 29 points

East Side Hawks 10.8 (68) defeated Geelong Gumbies 6.15 (51)

Round 10 last season.

Gumbies are a much shitter club this season whilst the hawks are a tad better. Honestly can not see anything but a Hawks win in this matchup. My prediction? Hawks by 29 points
Very insightful comments and I tend to agree. Good man :thumbsu:

Why do we have to play all the way out at Waverley Park. Am I allowed to leave at half-time? The game will be over anyway.

Do it and maybe I'll tag along. .. I still haven't being to Ballarat nor a local Footy match. .. /slacker=me

Why do we have to play all the way out at Waverley Park. Am I allowed to leave at half-time? The game will be over anyway.

Why not, our FF left midway through the last quarter on Monday and we still got over the line in the end. .. The Roys are a vast improvement on these hacks, even tho Mobbenfuhrer is twice the flog spammer that Itsmyshow is. ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back