Syria, r u all idjits?

Remove this Banner Ad

hmmm, Fiskie. I feel ripped off cos I bought one of his books.

Whenever he goes into one of his anecdotes, and talks about "his friend Kamil", Or "my associate As'ad", you can be quite suspicious about he to launch into one of his extemporising tales of fiction. He does not have this anecdote lived, it is just an appeal to authority or to confect a credulity. I dont think he is completely credible. Only westerners I would take as gospel (sic) are Dahr Jamail, and Juan Cole.

America, with UK, France, Israel and Turkey's complicity, are fomenting grand scale regime change across the ME, this time, in Syria, and Turkey are a key player.

The western interests are supporting other clans to Assad' Al(l)awite tribe. Previously he managed to keep the peace, and we just sent him (really, his special police, I dont know how close he is to the real knowing of the nail pulling, like Obama is removed and cant influence the pentagon and defence industry/state) terrorist suspects to be tortured.

Fiskie, the heterosexual Roebuck. prolly.

Thank you my learned friend.

Thank you my learned friend.actually u mean brainless polemicist, but thanks for the sentiment

Fiskie

in one (1) word

"unctuous"

in two (2) words. plural:
"unctious git"

"in five (5) words unctuous git"

@English public schoolboy r US.

one thing (in defense) about Fiskie, he will talk about some Western hypocrisy, so respect for that, to the US and Israel, and Blair and MI6. Atleast he does not give the pure greenwashing from WaPo and NYT from the Jerusalem (beer) b(r)ew row

just wanna add, this aint "black on black violence", which, if anyone who hears slash reads those words, and talking point, they are immediately invited into a realm of political messaging...

this aint an organic sectarian syrian internicine underway gettit?

This has been falsely portrayed to the Western public as a political revolution crushed in blood by a ruthless dictatorship. Of course, this lie has not been universally accepted. Russia, China and the Latin American and Caribbean member states of ALBA repudiate it. They each have a historical background that allows them to readily grasp what is at stake. The Russians are thinking of Chechnya, the Chinese of Xinjiang, and the Latin Americans of Cuba and Nicaragua. In all these cases, beyond ideological or religious appearances, the methods of destabilization by the CIA were the same.

but give us the 4Corners, 7.30, forCorrespond, Dateline, or better still 7pm project, or The Project view, or a roundtable from Insight
/sarcasm

The Vatican is still smarting over that damnable upstart, Saladin. Our memories are long and our reach is vast.

well, RIP to marie colvin.

I have a caveat, as always.

So the Syrian Army, are they taking a leaf from Bush and the US army? We know Bush wanted to hit the hq of Al Jazeera, and he hit them, courtesy of his invading force, atleast twice?

I would reckon the army had the coordinates of where Colvin was. She copped it, thanks to MI6 and Bush imo.

So, rip to marie and her family, but she was one of our journalists (brit conceded), but we rarely pay lip service to the Al Jazzies.

journalists cop it in war, but they should be telling the intelligence grand narrative and imperial strategy first and foremost. Cant put Iran in context without 53, and the ME without Sykes Picot.

excerpt from A Clean Break

"Israel can shape its strategic environment, in cooperation with Turkey and Jordan, by weakening, containing, and even rolling back Syria. This effort can focus on removing Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq – an important Israeli strategic objective in its own right – as a means of foiling Syria's regional ambitions. Jordan has challenged Syria's regional ambitions recently by suggesting the restoration of the Hashemites in Iraq."

96 paper by Feith, Pearle, Wurmser et al

It would be ironic and distressing if they were trying to get proof of say outside involvement or the brutality of the forces fighting with Assads in this conflict when the building was shelled.

However we know that the " western" journo's in Libya got all rabbies like in reporting against ghaddaffi's forces in Libya from no interest from editors in the reality of such conflicts.

Maybe that was the lesson that lead to yesterdays publicised events.

It would be ironic and distressing if they were trying to get proof of say outside involvement or the brutality of the forces fighting with Assads in this conflict when the building was shelled.

However we know that the " western" journo's in Libya got all rabbies like in reporting against ghaddaffi's forces in Libya from no interest from editors in the reality of such conflicts.

Maybe that was the lesson that lead to yesterdays publicised events.

wish they would report it. But truth is, America and her cats paw slash fifty first state are on the border with syria, and they want those golan heights. This is all down in the project of new america century, and how ironic that title, do you think they are gonna keep that title when undoubtably this is gonna be radical roo and the asian century.

wish they would report it. But truth is, America and her cats paw slash fifty first state are on the border with syria, and they want those golan heights. This is all down in the project of new america century, and how ironic that title, do you think they are gonna keep that title when undoubtably this is gonna be radical roo and the asian century.

A reasoned argument that this may not be the case:

The Global Stagnation and China

It's certainly going to be the interesting century tho', what with the decline in US power and what they'll do in response, combined with the depletion of resources and AGW. Methinks it might just be Gaia's century.

One thing's for sure though, it's most unlikely to be the people's century, despite Arab Spring and Occupy.

A reasoned argument that this may not be the case:

The Global Stagnation and China

It's certainly going to be the interesting century tho', what with the decline in US power and what they'll do in response, combined with the depletion of resources and AGW. Methinks it might just be Gaia's century.

One thing's for sure though, it's most unlikely to be the people's century, despite Arab Spring and Occupy.

yep, non-economists Will Hutton And Nial Ferguson also utter similar sentiment on the critical structural impediments facing the sinos

but like someone to give it back to the seppos, they and their hypocrisy got it good for so long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep, non-economists Will Hutton And Nial Ferguson also utter similar sentiment on the critical structural impediments facing the sinos

but like someone to give it back to the seppos, they and their hypocrisy got it good for so long.

China is heading towards a major demographic issue but will certainly be strong enough to challenge the US.

Russia is also on the way up, especially if some of Putin's population policies go through and the trend of improving relations with Germany continues.

POD Cast http://antiwar.com/radio/2012/02/26/eric-margolis-60/

listen to Eric Margolis. He has his $hit down like Wim Delvoye respek'!
"We are definitely heading in a direction to war"​
precis:
discusses the many countries covertly and overtly supporting Syria’s armed resistance; the Western media’s one-sided anti-Assad coverage; how the US is hijacking the Arab Spring, toppling unfriendly dictators (while protecting compliant ones) and subverting genuine grassroots democratic revolutions; the near-total elimination of al-Qaeda, so that it exists mostly as a catchall name for anti-American groups; and the danger of Russian intervention in Syria.

I cannot believe that some international intervention hasn't taken place to end this farcical situation. It's an absolute disgrace for those nations who have the resources to address this disgraceful situation to stand idly by while innocent people are murdered. F***k China and Russia, just go in and get rid of the maniac running the place.

hey mick, the west are funding this internecine conflict. The West is army (meant arming) and training the Free Syrian Army. Really mate, do more research than Waleed Aly and Charlie Pickering on The 7pm Project. They are lawyers afterall, should stick to 500 per hour billings at Freehills

#but my malapropisms are golden like ponyboy as always

/stay golden

hey mick, the west are funding this internecine conflict. The West is army and training the Free Syrian Army. Really mate, do more research than Waleed Aly and Charlie Pickering on The 7pm Project. They are lawyers afterall, should stick to 500 per hour billings at Freehills

BC I don't doubt what you're saying and your knowledge of the situation is undoubtedly greater than mine, but something has to be done, whether it's more support for the FSA or UN intervention or whatever but it just can't go on day in day out as it is at present.

BC I don't doubt what you're saying and your knowledge of the situation is undoubtedly greater than mine, but something has to be done, whether it's more support for the FSA or UN intervention or whatever but it just can't go on day in day out as it is at present.

This is the problem. NATO's applying the same strategy as they did in Libya, this is the new policy for "unconventional warfare".

Type this into your search engine

U.S Special Forces Unconventional Warfare Manual TC 18 01
INTRODUCTION TO UNCONVENTIONAL WARFARE

1-1. The intent of U.S. UW efforts is to exploit a hostile power’s political, military, economic, and psychological vulnerabilities by developing and sustaining resistance forces to accomplish U.S. strategic objectives. Historically, the military concept for the employment of UW was primarily in support of resistance movements during general-war scenarios. While this concept remains valid, the operational environment since the end of World War II has increasingly required U.S. forces to conduct UW in
scenarios short of general war (limited war).

1-2. Enabling a resistance movement or insurgency entails the development of an underground and guerrilla forces, as well as supporting auxiliaries for each of these elements. Resistance movements or insurgencies always have an underground element. The armed component of these groups is the guerrilla force and is only present if the resistance transitions to conflict. The combined effects of two interrelated lines of effort largely generate the end result of a UW campaign. The efforts are armed conflict and subversion. Forces conduct armed conflict, normally in the form of guerrilla warfare, against the security apparatus of the host nation (HN) or occupying military. Conflict also includes operations that attack and degrade enemy morale, organizational cohesion, and operational effectiveness and separate the enemy from the population. Over time, these attacks degrade the ability of the HN or occupying military to project military power and exert control over the population. Subversion undermines the power of the government
or occupying element by portraying it as incapable of effective governance to the population.

1-3. Department of Defense Directive (DODD) 3000.07, Irregular Warfare, recognizes that IW is as strategically important as traditional warfare. UW is inherently a USG interagency effort, with a scope that
frequently exceeds the capabilities of the DOD alone. There are numerous, uniquely defined terms associated with UW (Figure 1-1, page 1-2). These terms developed over the years from various military
and government agencies, as well as the academic world. Many of the terms used to define UW appear to closely resemble one another and most are found in Joint Publication (JP) 1-02, Department of Defense
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms, or JP 3-05, Doctrine for Joint Special Operations

When the rebels get crushed things will go back to normal.
The army isnt murdering people who arent armed.
Where are the rebels getting their training and arms ? ask yourself.
If people in Australia were suddenly being armed by china and were attacking official assets im pretty sure our govt wouldnt stand for it..
and would you think its a good idea for China and Indonesia to then say.. save the rebels and bomb the Australian govt???

That dirty little trick worked in Libya.. and now that country is totally rooted!
Did you ever hear one interview from the Gaddaffi supporters side???

If people in Australia were suddenly being armed by china and were attacking official assets im pretty sure our govt wouldnt stand for it..
and would you think its a good idea for China and Indonesia to then say.. save the rebels and bomb the Australian govt???

That dirty little trick worked in Libya.. and now that country is totally rooted!

I get your drift and granted we do get a somewhat slanted media story on the situation but I have to question your highlighted statement above. Someone is killing innocent civilians, are you suggesting that the rebels are doing it?

Heats, ABC News Breakfast, and I write "News"Breakfast tentatively, they had an Brit author, may have been NAFrican arab diaspora, he had finished his second book on megrahi, and there has been new evidence, or the evidence updated on the timer Scots produced as evidence it was a libyan timer. Fail.

As those in the know, realise this was an Iranian payback when the Seppos never apologised for shooting down 300 civilians on a persian flight, the real story never came out. Happy to fit up this guy w cancer. Pity they did not get Lance Armstrong on his bike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back