Tag the tagger

Remove this Banner Ad

Why don't coaches instruct tagged players to tag another opposition player ...
That would result in the opposition coach to rethink their strategy.. do they keep the 2 on 1 or just release the tagger?
Sounds good in theory..

Why don't coaches instruct tagged players to tag another opposition player ...
That would result in the opposition coach to rethink their strategy.. do they keep the 2 on 1 or just release the tagger?
Sounds good in theory..
Cotchin tried that on Pendlebury to lose Macaffer but Caff just got between the two of them. With how shallow the Tigers midfield is getting Cotchin to play a defensive role is a massive win.

Okay I was thinking about this today but should a team try and tag the other sides tagger. Say if Collingwood were playing Freo this week would it pay to send Caff to Crowley to ensure Pendlebury is freed up? It would be something that the opposition would not expect and someone like Crowley would most likely get frustrated and give away free kicks if he copped a tag.
I get what you're trying to say but the problem becomes one of physics. Both Macaffer and Crowley tend to face away from the ball and towards their opponent at a stoppage (to block them from moving towards the ball in any way). For someone to "tag the tagger" they would have to be able to squeeze into this very small gap between the original tagger and the offensive player (both of whom would be facing each other and usually swinging their arms around wildly trying to block/hit each other).

For this reason it would probably have to be someone like Ben Kennedy at Collingwood or Boomer at North. Anyone else would simply be too big :p

What Richmond needed to do (and what we should do this week) is to employ more "blocking" which I think is now the PC term for getting one's teammate to "whack him"

Okay I was thinking about this today but should a team try and tag the other sides tagger. Say if Collingwood were playing Freo this week would it pay to send Caff to Crowley to ensure Pendlebury is freed up? It would be something that the opposition would not expect and someone like Crowley would most likely get frustrated and give away free kicks if he copped a tag.
Crowley would laugh,go forward and kick a couple of goals

Bookmark this....ANYONE caught holding this WEEKEND in any game will be penalised.

The fallout from last week has this well and truly,

Spotlight.jpg

This has been the best picture/meme the internet has ever produced.

There are even better versions. NSWCROW and I had a gif/meme off of 'Wats' in the middle of summer which is a BF waste land...

This was one of the funnier ones.

wat-wat-wat-meme.jpg

But then the coach will just send someone else to tag Caff and then the opposition coach would send someone to tag that player and we'd just end up with big pack of players in a rolling maul like an under 9's game! Oh wait..............

There are even better versions. NSWCROW and I had a gif/meme off of 'Wats' in the middle of summer which is a BF waste land...

This was one of the funnier ones.

wat-wat-wat-meme.jpg

1-21-giga-wat_c_2053971.jpg

Tagging the tagger isn't as stupid as it sounds. Get someone like cunners to get in macaffers way at every stoppage. But I bet you the refs would start giving the taggers frees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look had multiply tabs open at the time meant to put it on the AFL board. What I say in the Collingwood board is one thing but I am not going to come in here and bag your footy club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back