Multiplat Tales from the Borderlands - A TellTale Games Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished it today. Loved it till the end. Right level with Walking Dead as my fave that Telltale have done.

Didn't pick the loader bot thing. Nice when you're expecting a twist and you still get it wrong.

What are the odds of a sequal?
After Loader Bot "died" I texted Igloo saying, "I hope the masked guy is Loader Bot for some reason," mostly as a joke. Was a nice surprise when it actually happened. :D I enjoyed the twist too; thought it was excellent.

As for a sequel, I think it's more likely to be setting things up for Borderlands 3 given the foreshadowing at the end. I wouldn't be surprised if they focus on other projects until after B3 is released.

Finished it today. Loved it till the end. Right level with Walking Dead as my fave that Telltale have done.

Didn't pick the loader bot thing. Nice when you're expecting a twist and you still get it wrong.

What are the odds of a sequal?
Have you played Wolf Among Us? I rate that at the top but I haven't played this yet.

Have you played Wolf Among Us? I rate that at the top but I haven't played this yet.
Yeah I loved Wolf Among Us as well. Especially the ending. For me, everything Telltale does is gold. Just found myself more into the characters in this and Walking Dead which probably had me enjoying it a tad more.

This game just did humour so well. So many games overlook this.

I'm a big fan of TWAU. It's very different to TFTB in terms of mood and story, and Telltale's gameplay has evolved a fair bit too. Now it's more QuickTime events and less traditional adventure game point-and-click.

I find it hard to compare the two. They're both great in different ways.

For me it's Walking Dead Season 1 > Wolf > Tales >>> WD S2. I enjoyed all of them though and it's really like splitting hairs; first three in particular are extremely close for different reasons. WD1 for the emotional connection to the story and its characters; Tales for the humour; Wolf for the world they created. Seems harsh to put Tales third but I had some issues with the story that I didn't have as much with the others. It's a great game though.

Finished this over the weekend and absolutely loved it. Brilliant series, characters, plot, music, everything really. Had that classic Borderlands humour infused throughout which made it all the better IMO.

Really hope there is a sequel (kind of ended with a possible opening for a second season - though was also a fitting ending if that is the conclusion).

Ranking the telltall games I've played

TWD S1 & TFTB
GoT (think its not their strongest effort but I enjoy the GoT lore).
TWD S2 & the 400 days(?) tie in.

Really need to look into the wolf among us, maybe after Fallout lol.

Reckon the ending is designed to set up Borderlands 3 rather than a second season.

Any indication of when B3 will be announced? To my knowledge, has yet to be confirmed?

Any news on when this is likely to be released on disc with all the episodes? Like with all other Telltale games?

Finished it last night.

Right up there with the Walking Dead S1 as my favourite Telltale game.

Fantastic characters, music and humour - exactly what you expect from a Borderlands/Telltale game.

Episode 5 just gets ridiculous at the end :D

Was pleasantly surprised that you got to play through the battle with the traveller monster at the end. I thought for sure that was going to be a season two setup sequence.

Completely captured the humour that makes the Borderlands so engaging. OMG the finger gun scene up on Hyperion had me laughing out loud (after some confusion).

Rhys and Fiona are great characters to sit on the shoulder of. Fingers crossed Fiona becomes a playable Vault Hunter in Borderlands 3. Wish they were able to dive a bit deeper on Sasha in terms of character development, and in terms of the romance arc with Rhys. Episode 3 was great with the flower scene and awkward dialogue, but then there seemed to be nothing in Ep 4 or 5. That might have had a bit to do with my decision to become Pres of Hyperion (I had good intentions!).

Also felt I needed an extra couple of seconds to make certain decisions, there were times when I'd barely finished reading through each option and I only had a couple of centimetres left on the timer bar.

My only qualm with Telltale games is how restrictive they can sometimes feel. I'd just love to be able to explore certain areas a bit more (i.e. the bar where Fiona first meets August, Hyperion offices, etc).

Feel like there's a stack I've missed, but it's close to game of the year imo (I'm playing Fallout, but haven't played Witcher 3). :(

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got around to finishing the last 3 eps of this.

Not sure why it took me so long, but what an awesome game. Perfect execution and feel for the Borderlands world, really makes me want to get back into the Borderlands games. I do have the pre-sequel sitting there too, could definitely go it for something new.

Managing to have the game based solely around new characters and still have it feel like a Borderlands game was arguably the most impressive part. In every way it still has that Borderlands feel. The jokes hit so well and the story telling was spot on, especially weaving through the flashback/forward style too. At one point I'd wondered if they had just forgotten about all of that, but then it so brilliantly weaved it all back into the story even with some surprises thrown in.

The last episode was incredible. Getting to choose your own team to fight the monster, and the mysterious vault hunter...it just had to be!

Really would love to get more of this as a series.

Also...I now see Batman - TellTale series for $18...purchased!

And lastly, if anyone is interested in these games. The TellTale collection (Walking Dead 1 & 2, Game of Thrones, Tales From The Borderlands and the best of the lot The Wolf Among Us) is just $24.85 on the PS Store, ridiculous value:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tion/cid=EP2026-NPEJ00413_00-TTG0000000BUNDLE

Finally got around to finishing the last 3 eps of this.

Not sure why it took me so long, but what an awesome game. Perfect execution and feel for the Borderlands world, really makes me want to get back into the Borderlands games. I do have the pre-sequel sitting there too, could definitely go it for something new.

Managing to have the game based solely around new characters and still have it feel like a Borderlands game was arguably the most impressive part. In every way it still has that Borderlands feel. The jokes hit so well and the story telling was spot on, especially weaving through the flashback/forward style too. At one point I'd wondered if they had just forgotten about all of that, but then it so brilliantly weaved it all back into the story even with some surprises thrown in.

The last episode was incredible. Getting to choose your own team to fight the monster, and the mysterious vault hunter...it just had to be!

Really would love to get more of this as a series.

Also...I now see Batman - TellTale series for $18...purchased!

And lastly, if anyone is interested in these games. The TellTale collection (Walking Dead 1 & 2, Game of Thrones, Tales From The Borderlands and the best of the lot The Wolf Among Us) is just $24.85 on the PS Store, ridiculous value:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tion/cid=EP2026-NPEJ00413_00-TTG0000000BUNDLE

Love your work mate :)

Couldn't have summed it up better myself.

Thoroughly enjoyed Telltale Borderlands - their best game I'd say :thumbsu:

Bought this the other day to tide me over till the next walking dead. Only 2 eps in but its true what hbk said, they've worked in the whole borderlands vibe so well.

Enjoying it

It's my favourite TT series... which is saying something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back