Tarnished 'Toine Foundation League 13-14

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 26, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
This fantasy basketball league is the breeding ground for aspiring Managers wishing to join the elite in the Golden 'Toine Ultimate League. At seasons end the best are promoted and the worst exiled.

League settings
Two separate divisions or leagues
Head-to-Head
Random draft order every year with snaking draft
Each division has 12 teams
Each division is set up as two separate leagues on yahoo with two commissioners.
Standard 9 categories
Re-draft league (i.e. the league starts again every year).
Foundation League 13 players, Ultimate League 14.
Foundation Rosters (PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, UTL, UTL, Bench, Bench, Bench)

If you finish in the bottom three in the "Ultimate League" you are relegated to the "Foundation League".

If you finish in the top three in the "Foundation League" you are promoted to the "Ultimate League".

If you finish in the bottom three in the "Foundation League" you are out of the league and wait your turn for the following year.

Following confirmation of returnees for the Golden 'Toin Ultimate League we can set the list of Managers for this Foundation League. If there are further spots available in the Ultimate League they will be filled by Managers promoted in order of finish from last season.
So all new Managers joining the League will start in this second tier League.

In preparation, the following are the teams that will make up the initial Tarnished Toine Foundation League 2013-2014

lol-imgonnawin (Drummer_19) - confirmed
Charlhentigie (eastaugh36) - confirmed
Sprewell Chokers (Bugsy Mogues) - confirmed
Milwaukee Hamsters (theseventhhamster) - confirmed
Black Hops White Flo (nbaman1) - confirmed
OrGAZmic (Mr Pink) - confirmed
New Team (Shane Mead) - confirmed
Porley's Primo Team (Porley) - confirmed
New team
New team
New team
New team

So assuming all these teams return for this season, we'll be needing 4 new Managers.

This might just be me, but to keep some consistency, I think that Managers should maintain team names into next season. You know, for the history books?

I think I should be in this League, I crashed to 4th when half my team ended up on the sick list in the play-offs.

If you recall, Raff retired from the Ultimate League so there are currently 4 spots available for promotion. So as the fourth placed...

Oh right.

I don't think I'm worthy haha

Would rather earn it! So happy for someone to take my spot in the gold league.

It's a Yahoo hosted league.

Dunno why, Yahoo is better than ESPN.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does it say 3 were relegated but 4 come up?

I don't remember finishing bottom 3 lol, barely play attention though lol.

Why does it say 3 were relegated but 4 come up?

I don't remember finishing bottom 3 lol, barely play attention though lol.

Although you finished 7th at the end of the regular season, you lost the 9th place playoff game, therefore you finished 10th placing you in the bottom 3.

Unfortunately for you this season I have changed the rules to, that the bottom 3 at the completion of the regular season be relegated however this was not the rule last season so you have been relegated.

4 people were promoted to the Ultimate League as Raff had withdrawn.

Although you finished 7th at the end of the regular season, you lost the 9th place playoff game, therefore you finished 10th placing you in the bottom 3.

Unfortunately for you this season I have changed the rules to, that the bottom 3 at the completion of the regular season be relegated however this was not the rule last season so you have been relegated.

4 people were promoted to the Ultimate League as Raff had withdrawn.

So i'm relegated because i didn't set my lineup in the playoffs? i was under the impression consolation playoffs didn't count. Never been in a league where the consolation playoffs counted.

Where did it say that consolation playoffs results mattered?

I finished 89-89-2 but I get relegated? I only just missed the playoffs lol

Teams that finished 68-106-6, 74-103-3, 80-94-6 stay up but a team which just misses the playoffs gets relegated when i never remember hearing or reading that consolation playoffs counted lol

Sorry that it looks like i'm sooking but I think I have a right to be a bit angry.

m73keg.jpg

So the Managers who set their teams and actually paid attention (something you've admitted to not doing) deserve to be relegated?
Play or don't play, swap with Gus if you want to.
Or maybe just suck it up and fight to get back in?

So i'm relegated because i didn't set my lineup in the playoffs? i was under the impression consolation playoffs didn't count. Never been in a league where the consolation playoffs counted.

Where did it say that consolation playoffs results mattered?

I finished 89-89-2 but I get relegated? I only just missed the playoffs lol

Teams that finished 68-106-6, 74-103-3, 80-94-6 stay up but a team which just misses the playoffs gets relegated when i never remember hearing or reading that consolation playoffs counted lol

Sorry that it looks like i'm sooking but I think I have a right to be a bit angry.

I agree it does not state anywhere that consolation playoffs counted but it also did not state anywhere that relegation would be decided by the end of regular season standings so the decision was made by the commish at the completion of the season.

If you had of been paying attention to the league through to the conclusion of the season and continued to follow the league thread, there was a post by Raff, the departing commissioner, on April 9th stating which teams would be relegated. You should of brought it up then.

As i am now the commish of the Ultimate League and that decision was made an has stood for the past 5 months without complaint I am going with that decision.

It's no help to you now but I have since included within the rules (first post of the 2013/2014 Ultimate League) that the 3 teams at the bottom of the table at the conclusion of the regular season will be relegated.

Good luck this season and good luck chasing promotion to the Ultimate League.

So the Managers who set their teams and actually paid attention (something you've admitted to not doing) deserve to be relegated?
Play or don't play, swap with Gus if you want to.
Or maybe just suck it up and fight to get back in?

The Ultimate League has started it's draft, I will not accept that Gus goes back to the Foundation League. He finished 4th in the league as he was an active participant and with Raff's withdrawal he was promoted.

So many threads with these names I am going to just put my hand up in all of them.

I'm in for the foundation league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back