Shield Tasmania vs Queensland, Bellerive Oval, October 26-29

Remove this Banner Ad

Queensland 2/188 after 67. Burns and Clayton batting well here.

Not sure how Brad Hope is getting a game batting at 8. Play Rainbird instead.

Clayton falls just short of back to back 100's, out on 96. Burnsy converts his and is 127no at stumps. Neser gets the promotion to 5 and finishes on 51no. Insane how much the pitch seemed to flatten out after the first session, it was doing all sorts of things in the first 20 overs or so.

Last edited:

Strange that he came up the order to bat then...Is he out of the rest of the game?

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Something seems to have happened after play began, they surely wouldn't have picked him if they knew they'd be a bowler after day 1. They put him up to 5 to make sure he got a bat and some runs before he had to leave I guess otherwise he wouldn't have got a bat at all.

Something seems to have happened after play began, they surely wouldn't have picked him if they knew they'd be a bowler after day 1. They put him up to 5 to make sure he got a bat and some runs before he had to leave I guess otherwise he wouldn't have got a bat at all.
Can only speculate that it's not a too serious a situation that he was able to hang around to the end of play & also come out to bat...I'm just disappointed the Shield's leading run scorer couldn't add to his tally.

I understand that Neser can't be replaced - even though the opposing captain would probably allow it - as it may mean end of first class status for the game.

However - surely the decency would be for him to "retire hurt" rather than "retire out"
I'd have faked a tight hammy or quad in the last over of the day to preserve that precious average

Great news hearing Neser has already returned to the game with his personal situation becoming more positive...Tasmania get a bonus bowling point because he retired out? Seems unfair.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd planned to spend the arvo in my new building's swimming pool, but aside from the weather not being that good, this has been a really engrossing run chase, and Wade's was a tremendous innings.

I love how we've gone about the chase.

What a finish! Especially with Freeman just going whack to win it with a 6 :D

Death, taxes, and Tassie on a day 4 pitch at Bellerive....

I didn't see that coming. I was just hoping we could hold out for a draw.

Missed most of today's play. It must have been some final session, we were 4-264 at tea, so that's 3-168 from then on.

Webster is having a good season - 62, 64, 32* (helping save the game), 59 (out of 150 all out) & 70. The partnership between he and Wade (164) really helped set the win up.

Freeman is proving to be a really handy lower order batsman, hopefully his bowling can come on, although being an offie in f-c cricket in Australia is a tough ask.

Wade continues to deliver the goods, he passed 3000 f-c runs for Tassie in this match, after having scored 3906 runs for Victoria. He's played just the 36 matches for Tassie though, having played 77 for Victoria.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back