TEAL appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve got the message.

Fake news. False. Wrong. Only 40 percent indicated they wanted it in the survey. That is not most.

Did every member do the survey?
I know my folks dont as they are ummmm computer illiterate. Both wanting the bars back.
I'd dare say the younger would make up a fair crack of the survey.

Did every member do the survey?
I know my folks dont as they are ummmm computer illiterate. Both wanting the bars back.
I'd dare say the younger would make up a fair crack of the survey.
Obviously not every member did the survey. I agree that the respondents were possibly heavily invested and weighted towards the PBs so the actual membership in favour of the PBS is less than 40 percent.

I believe it is important to know where we have been to know where we are going. I do not know the answers to us getting broader appeal so that we can do things like attracting sponsors willing to pay large amounts to be associated with us. I just think that we need to be careful not to hold onto the past to the detriment of our future. If the PBs are our future, fine. But us fxxxxking around with our guernsey expecting that to be some magical representation of why we exist while the ship is sinking just does not make sense to me. Just smacks to me of us being lost souls, being indecisive, lacking direction, not knowing why we exist, being divided and lacking influence.
This is why we can't have nice things...

Some supporters. . Geez

Glass half full: the #bringbackthebars grassroots campaign is fantastic and will rightfully restore an important part of our heritage. Also the guernsey is sexy and intimidating AF.

Glass half empty: it will be hijacked by Koch as his next cause célèbre as he sweeps mounting off-field failures under the carpet.

Fake news. False. Wrong. Only 40 percent indicated they wanted it in the survey. That is not most.

That survey was poorly worded, by design, and it was done 4 years ago. It couldn’t be more irrelevant.

There needs to be another one that presents a choice between two crystal clear alternatives (A) Prison Bars added to the current wardrobe as Primary guernsey, BiB alternate guernsey and a lighter chevron clash guernsey -VS- (B) the status quo.

This is not a referendum on Power or teal or anything else. It’s just about Bringing Back The Bars, and that’s it. Everything else stays the same. The results of any survey that doesn’t clarify this are completely useless.

The percentage of Port fans from other SANFL club supporting backgrounds/families is less than 10% the Teal brigade would draw heavily from there and are thus minuscule.

The percentage of Port fans from other SANFL club supporting backgrounds/families is less than 10% the Teal brigade would draw heavily from there and are thus minuscule.

Even if there are generational Maggies people who have grown to love teal that’s fine. This campaign isn’t the Prison Bars vs Teal, it’s literally littleoldelpasogirl.jpg and I think that’s really getting lost here.

Yes?

Football club branding is 100% about engaging supporters, and supporters are engaged by branding when it evokes happy and proud feelings.

To some person who has never seen the two jumpers before, there is no meaningful difference between the prison bars and the chevron outside of their personal aesthetic preference, but that's really an irrelevant argument because a football club's jumper is about so much more than aesthetics. It's the strongest and most important visual identifier for a club and it means a huge amount to supporters.
It helps create a sense of belonging. So it is important.

Even the club survey which was worded heavily in favour of keeping the BiB saw 40% of the fan base want the bars.

To suggest that there is minuscule support is laughable.
I have just been told that the survey is old and irrelevant. Looks like I was right.

Even if there are generational Maggies people who have grown to love teal that’s fine. This campaign isn’t the Prison Bars vs Teal, it’s literally littleoldelpasogirl.jpg and I think that’s really getting lost here.

It’s the republic debate all over again.

Hi. I am one of those long time Port supporters. This is not about loving the teal. This is about clarity, discipline and consistency.

I’ve got the message.

Every single survey you've ever done was designed to produce a specific result, and that one was no different.

There is no branding confusion about bringing back the bars. It's the strongest branding move we could make.

Yea look I like the BiB and teal is fine as a trim colour but how it's become the colour most talked about when we are discussed is perplexing.

There really isn't armies of teal megalomaniacs marching through the port populous demanding we leave the Bars to the pages of history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love to see us back in the PBs but it will never happen as long as Eddy is at Collingwood, so the current jumper is fine for the time being, especially from the back. We will have to to live with it until some miracle happens. As long as we are always called Port Adelaide, that must never change.

I couldn't care less what percentage of the supporter base favoured the PBs over the BIB. It's totally irrelevant. Port Adelaide should be wearing the PBs.
And I don’t give a stuff about what guernsey we’re wearing when when we win the next grand final. It is irrelevant.

No power guernsey should be without teal, if you love the prison bars so much go watch our reserves at Allerton. Meanwhile in reality land, I will go watch the big boys at Adelaide Oval in the BIB with a nice slice of teal in the middle of it ;)

Just remember #notealnodeal

No power guernsey should be without teal, if you love the prison bars so much go watch our reserves at Allerton. Meanwhile in reality land, I will go watch the big boys at Adelaide Oval in the BIB with a nice slice of teal in the middle of it ;)

Just remember #notealnodeal

didn't u start following GC/GWS

This might annoy the teal brigade, including the guy above me who disappeared when BringBackTheBars died down.
screen-shot-2019-02-06-at-12-55-28-pm-png.615346

Ok likeing the Prison Bars and wanting them back does not automatically make one against teal.

Teal is a massive part of Port Adelaide AFL side. Teal should (and always will) be a part of PAFC brad and identity.

I want the PBs back as our home Jumper and wouldn’t be apposed to having the top portion teal on away/clash guernsey and would look atva teal collar if that’s what it takes to get them across the line as a home guernsey.

Ok likeing the Prison Bars and wanting them back does not automatically make one against teal.

Teal is a massive part of Port Adelaide AFL side. Teal should (and always will) be a part of PAFC brad and identity.

I want the PBs back as our home Jumper and wouldn’t be apposed to having the top portion teal on away/clash guernsey and would look atva teal collar if that’s what it takes to get them across the line as a home guernsey.
Red and Green were a massive part of Fremantle's AFL side, those colours have not been missed for a second since they dropped them.

What about people that just like teal and don't care for black and white, our history and our traditions (eg 1 captain with No.1)?

What about people that just like teal and don't care for black and white, our history and our traditions (eg 1 captain with No.1)?

Then it doesn't really effect them. If they don't care, they will adapt easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back