Nostradamus Lives Tex to stay, Dangerfield to leave

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, Hawthorn fans always have and always will have a 'holier than thou' attitude. Add that to the massive chips on their shoulders.

Yeah, but most hide it behind arrogance and self righteousness. This here is just straight up, unadulterated prick.

what I find Strange is originally it was not about money but about on field success, yet this week he says it comes down to choosing his football family or his actual family?
I guess you really have to think about this - it is almost definitely his last chance to move home and be paid handsomely to do so. I don't think you can underestimate the opportunity to play in front of your friends and family, almost on a weekly basis, for a guy that has spent the last 8 years living away from home.

I guess you really have to think about this - it is almost definitely his last chance to move home and be paid handsomely to do so. I don't think you can underestimate the opportunity to play in front of your friends and family, almost on a weekly basis, for a guy that has spent the last 8 years living away from home.

Nah, when you know full well that you are the spiritual leader of an entire state(Port squibs included), you don't give a second thought to such sacrifices as family. We are his family!

what I find Strange is originally it was not about money but about on field success, yet this week he says it comes down to choosing his football family or his actual family?
As soon as this switched from "wanting to chase finals success" to "being stuck between two families" he was gone. It's the splitting image of Frawley's "I'm waiting to see who takes over after Roos" changing to "I'm waiting to see if we've improved under Roos."

They both trot out the tired "I'm in no rush" line, despite the alarmingly tight deadline. It's basically all given to them in a handbook by their manager so the media can be managed well during a difficult PR process.

I'd love to see Danger stay but he could not be more obviously out the door. It could well go down in AFL history as one of the most amazing stories ever if this group stayed together and contended for a flag next year, but it isn't to be. Sorry Crows.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a prick of an attitude.
Context.

38 pages of "it's a done deal to Geelong".

If he nominates somewhere else it will be hilarious.

but it's not as if he wouldn't get big money at Adelaide - he'd get big money wherever he went....

So my point is that I don't understand how people could genuinely get home sick when they live a bloody 50 min flight away from where they grew up...
50 min flight but with training pretty much everyday and a game every week the chances to get home would be minimal.

Danger caught this morning down Waverly wayView attachment 155599
AFL to ban Hawthorn from trading / getting in FA as they did with Sydney?

It's actually getting pretty ridiculous, I'd love free agency to only be available to the lower clubs with more room in the salary cap

It's actually getting pretty ridiculous, I'd love free agency to only be available to the lower clubs with more room in the salary cap
As would I but was only ever going to end one way and that is the talent going to the bigger more successful clubs. I don't think there is much than can be done to correct it now as if they try to stop the top 4-6 clubs from being in FA market each year the AFLPA will scream restraint of trade

The problem is top players in non-top teams are able to choose both a million dollar salary as well as a flag.

It's a no brainer for them. Has to be stopped.

I think the top 4 teams should not be able to spend more in free agency than they lose.
Seriously why should they penalised for being able to balance their TPP allowing them the cap space to fit in FA's if they want to come to the club, they are not working outside the rules that are in place. The Salary cap is supposed to limit teams maybe it needs to be lowered???

It's well known plenty of Hawks players take less than their worth for the reward of success.
Even Frawley rejected a higher from the Vats to come to the Hawks.
Leavesspace in the cap and we really haven't spent the Buddy money yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back