Universal Love THANK YOU CHRIS JUDD - #CJUDD3VOTES

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-14/battered-blues-must-rebuild-as-quickly-as-possible-judd

He spoke with Melbourne, Essendon and Collingwood before settling on the Blues where he played in six finals in eight years - never progressing past the semi-final stage.

The Magpies tasted premiership success during that time but Judd says he has no regrets.

"I and everyone at the club would have loved to have had some more success but I still feel that footy club is so special," he said.

"It really is a part of my DNA. To be a Carlton captain and to be a part of that club forever is something special to me.

"I'm happy with the choice. I would've liked some more success but I'll always be really proud of my time at Carlton.

"I'll have an involvement with them for the rest of my life."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-14/battered-blues-must-rebuild-as-quickly-as-possible-judd
:cry::hearts:

Forever part of his DNA, special ... love ya champ. Classy guy. Tough going there for a while and he carried us but no regrets.

Juddy, can you pull on the boots next year. Don't care if you don't do anything, just be there so we can look at you and soak in your aura. You can retire when you are 50. Okay? Thanks.

Finished reading his book last night. Quality read.

Probably comes as no surprise but you really get a sense for how driven he was for on-field success. Everything he did was geared towards him playing better. Won't spoil the book for anyone but it gave you a pretty interesting insight to how he thought about football. Certainly you can tell he thought about the game a lot and you get the impression the reason he was so good, in part, was that he simply wanted it more than most others and was much more focused than your standard player.

Will be interesting to see what people have to say about his comments on Carlton. Thought they were fairly unsurprising on the whole...

did it explain why he did not retire last year?

Yes. And to be honest it surprised me.

Spoiler alert.

He said he felt as though Carlton had got rid of all the players who weren't totally committed to winning a flag in the 2014 off season and there was a real resolve around the club to build to better things. Went on to say he was surprised as any at the atrocious start to the year.

Don't know about others but it didn't surprise me. As he says in the book, the trend in your friend. And trend has been downwards for a while.

Took my 5yo to meet Juddy at his book signing in Perth today. Big crowd with people starting to line up 2hrs before he was meant to arrive. A lot more blues supporters than Eagles. The queue was over 100m long.

He was happy to have photos especially with the kids and seemed a genuinely nice guy.

Saw he was doing a book signing/Q&A at the pub opposite my work so just wandered over to check it out. He spoke very well (clearly and honestly), and answered all fan questions directly. Not sure if Sydney is the last stop on the tour but worth getting along to any others if you're a Blues tragic, I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone read it?

Im 3/4 through and am starting to see how some of Judds input might have had a strong impact on some of the moves made this off-season.

In particular where he describes one of his bigger lightbulb moments being to invest your coaching/advice giving time/efforts in the young guys with high motivation/effort but less talent rather than the super talented but lazy individuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
th

I like my privacy. Hard to compartmentalise when everybody knows your business...or they just make it up.

I think, in Becs case, she gives people an insight to how she lives her day to day life through her blog and instagram... so she more or less invites it as she makes a career out of it.

Where as the Juddman does not.

With that said. Anyone of profile could have put that pram picture up and speculation would ensue.

Omg! This article is epic.

About 500 words dedicated to 'Bec Judd looks thin, wears light blue singlet'.

Take THAT, Andrew Walker's hat!
What a pathetic, voyeuristic, leering article. The title is something out of a pr0n mag.

I think, in Becs case, she gives people an insight to how she lives her day to day life through her blog and instagram... so she more or less invites it as she makes a career out of it.

Where as the Juddman does not.

With that said. Anyone of profile could have put that pram picture up and speculation would ensue.
No arguments here, I'm more making a comment on my personal feelings towards fame than anyone else's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back