Universal Love The 2014 pre-match meet-up thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a few days off (27th, 28th, 1st) and am honestly contemplating heading up to Alice for the Dee's game.

Anyone thinking the same thing? Or am I crazy/stupid. Never been to central OZ, would be a cool experience.
I have a mate who barracks for the demons. He travelled to watch them play in NT last year (or year before?), reckons it was an amazing time. Really laid back atmosphere, unique characters in the crowd etc....Says he'd do it again.

Never done it myself, but it would be a great excuse for a getaway and to check out the Alice:thumbsu:

Bumpity bump bump BUMP!!!!!

With just over 2 weeks till our first game (that's right isn't it?) Is time to start organizing the really important stuff

Who is coming to say hi before the game? Thinking we kick off the year from 5.30 at Lord of the Isles? What do others think? In the tradition of the pre match meet up I will likely be late, being a bloody Thursday have to try sweet talk the boss to just stay in town for 2 hours before the game after work..

I encourage all to come along, great way to meet some like minded people and talk s**t about footy over a refreshing beverage.

Hopefully we can get some mods along this year (I'm looking at you SJ)

So people ..... GET AMONGST IT!!!

Today I emailed my campus director asking if I can leave work an hour early for our Round 1 game.

If she says no, I doubt I'll bother going. ****ing 7pm start, Thursday night, get ****ed AFL. Idiots./rant.

Yeah the commute is too long now to even remotely consider a night game. Did it last year and won't be repeating it. Maybe a Saturday night. Maybe.

Yeah the commute is too long now to even remotely consider a night game. Did it last year and won't be repeating it. Maybe a Saturday night. Maybe.

You also have to take into account peak hour traffic on a Thursday (or Friday) night too.I travel on the ring road everyday, but only a tiny section. Would hate to think how long travelling the whole distance of it would take!!!

Even leaving work an hour early, probably wont bother going and watch it on TV. Is this on FTA? Anyone?

You also have to take into account peak hour traffic on a Thursday (or Friday) night too.I travel on the ring road everyday, but only a tiny section. Would hate to think how long travelling the whole distance of it would take!!!

Even leaving work an hour early, probably wont bother going and watch it on TV. Is this on FTA? Anyone?

I'm on the Foxtel bandwagon so don't know. Sorry. :)

With just over 2 weeks till our first game (that's right isn't it?) Is time to start organizing the really important stuff

Who is coming to say hi before the game? Thinking we kick off the year from 5.30 at Lord of the Isles?

If it involves beer........ I will be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when is our first melbourne game? i wont actually activate my membership til a couple of days before that.
Sorry, I didn't realise my name was Google...

But because you're a good guy - April 5 (V Collingwood).

Who is coming to say hi before the game? Thinking we kick off the year from 5.30 at Lord of the Isles?

Do you think that I may have scared 'em off Shane?

It looks like there will only be you and I.

Do you think that I may have scared 'em off Shane?

It looks like there will only be you and I.
I'll have to confirm Wednesday mate. I may be working in Melbs and then pushing it to get there early enough!

Who's going to be there? I'm also up for a pre-drink.
The Rabbi is a lock, I'm hoping to be there... just have to shuffle my work start around or try sort a day off I reckon. ..

MD ??

@ Shell ? Assuming you can't go being a Thursday night with the travel etc ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back