The 2015 Brownlow Medal - Congratulations Nat Fyfe!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah I thought priddis also over polled. The refs like noticeable hair, it wins brownlows. Woewodin to aker to priddis to Fyfe. If you've got noticeable hair and you play in the midfield you're halfway there.

Blokes like Hannebery and JPK did well to get so close with their short hair cuts.

I think the nub of it is that Goldstein and Ward don't have the same celebrity factor as the others....yet.

Got very few votes late, and was pretty good early, so not really a surprise how he polled. A few lucky ones included, but also missed a few possible votes...
the lack of votes in round 1 made no sense - the rest all lined up with how voting went on afl.com.au and foxfooty

I must say that fyfe well and truly has started getting the accolades he deserves I could see it in him right from the moment he got that first goal against Richmond? I think it was (someone will correct me) The guy is a out and out superstar and will dominate the comp for the next 5-7 years, cant wait to see our fyfey bring home our long long awaited flag.

I will also say that when I saw him Monday night had an instant man crush, im far from swinging that way but man the guy is a beast and hes so humble, I had mass respect and pride when hearing his speech and it made the hairs stand up and gave me goosebumps

I must say that fyfe well and truly has started getting the accolades he deserves I could see it in him right from the moment he got that first goal against Richmond? I think it was (someone will correct me) The guy is a out and out superstar and will dominate the comp for the next 5-7 years, cant wait to see our fyfey bring home our long long awaited flag.

I will also say that when I saw him Monday night had an instant man crush, im far from swinging that way but man the guy is a beast and hes so humble, I had mass respect and pride when hearing his speech and it made the hairs stand up and gave me goosebumps

This is why the refs like him, the man crush factor.

This is why the refs like him, the man crush factor.
The umpires like him this much...
177811_b1b645b1794a51f8e92f6649b7ee5224.gif

The refs on the other hand don't give a rat's clacker about him, which isn't surprising given they officiate a different sport altogether.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the lack of votes in round 1 made no sense - the rest all lined up with how voting went on afl.com.au and foxfooty
Well, don't know. Ebert pretty lucky to get 3 in a loss, but his game was good enough to get some votes. Pav a bit lucky as well perhaps, but his game was pretty good. Based on stats and distant memory D.Pearce played one of his best games as well. Gray has typical votes stats as well (but Ebert easily better, so more likely no). Somebody had to miss out, which often is the case.

Just read the entire thread to relive the night. I'm still buzzing. I'm so massively proud of Fyfe and the footy club. He is such a special player and ever since watching his first game I've been in awe that he's playing for our team!

I watched the count with a friend who was ready to kick me out of his house by half way through cos I wouldn't shut up about Fyfe (or stop booing Mitchell every time he got a vote). Had a beer or... a few... to celebrate. Couldn't sleep afterwards cos I was soooooo happy. And I may have shed a tear. I think I've watched every video, listened to every radio interview, read all the articles.

Barlow was easily BOG for the WAGs. That interview was fantastic. And it was such a different side of Ross - obviously he was enjoying the night a fair bit.

Nat's speech was so composed and so well spoken especially given he was interviewed, like said earlier, by the drunk embarrassing Uncle McAvaney. You can't help but get excited about the prospect of him leading the club one day. And so humble as well, saying it was a club award, and acknowledging the contributions of the other guys around him. Brucey looked like he was about to cry when asking about the injury, and I reckon he would've slipped in a pash if he could've.

He was such a trooper to make it through the awards too. When I heard Ross say it was a displaced fracture I was shocked that he was even able to walk around with a cane - let alone play the game on Friday. I would've been overdosing on painkillers and curled up in a ball in bed. Hopefully his surgery went well and can get back on his feet asap. Fyfey - if you need a nurse while you're in Melbourne, or a father-son, hit me up!

I really hope in the year coming up he gets to play a full year, with no injuries or suspensions, so we can really see what Nat's capable of. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet, and he certainly thinks he can get better.

HOLY s**t NAT FYFE WON A BROWNLOW GUYS!!

178618_b1b645b1794a51f8e92f6649b7ee5224.gif

That s**t is a free kick against Ballantyne in a final. (Ballantyne actually bumped into a Hawk with no force)

Nothing against Fyfe in a final.

Just a messenger here, but I attended a panel and Q&A session last night - Caro, Matthew Lloyd and RoCo

Interesting to hear it said (RoCo and Lloyd) that internally at Freo, they hope Fyfe winning the Brownlow can now see him become a little more selfless in terms of the team's performance

Voting for leadership positions is obviously done by the players and Fyfe hasn't polled very well in the past. Suggestions he may ruffle feathers a bit.

If you get Bennell, Fyfe will play CHF next year. This via Lloyd's brother at Freo

Love watching Fyfe. Champ.

Just thought I'd pass it on

Interesting to hear it said (RoCo and Lloyd) that internally at Freo, they hope Fyfe winning the Brownlow can now see him become a little more selfless in terms of the team's performance

Voting for leadership positions is obviously done by the players and Fyfe hasn't polled very well in the past. Suggestions he may ruffle feathers a bit.

While point 1 is nonsense, point 2 is interesting, in that Fyfe only was added to the leadership group this year. Part of the issue would be that there are 6 spots, and Mundy, Mcpharlin, Pav, Sandilands were locks. That means there was only 2 spots in serious contention. This year there is potentially at least one more spot available which i would assume would goto Walters.

Just a messenger here, but I attended a panel and Q&A session last night - Caro, Matthew Lloyd and RoCo

If you get Bennell, Fyfe will play CHF next year. This via Lloyd's brother at Freo

Love watching Fyfe. Champ.

Just thought I'd pass it on

If he ruffled feathers, he wouldn't be in the leadership group at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back