Opinion The Adam Oxley of 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

Did his opponent have the ball? JJ - I like Oxley but needs to show more around the contest
Haha,

No Oxley had the ball tried to run past a player but got run down easily. probably should have been clearer.

With everyone fit, I think he might struggle to get a game
Suggest you right.
He needs another cog or something to be obvious 22 ongoing.
Though he's thereabouts.
BUT I think he just needs that little something more.

Depth player, good chance to be delisted/traded at the end of the year.

He only has one trick. Admittedly, it's neat trick, a trick we need more of in the seniors, but a solitary trick nevertheless...

But he's a good kick, so that makes up for all his shortcomings, right?

That's how it worked for Armstrong :p

timthumb.php

I thought he played well against Essendon today, some good contested marking and generally good disposals, which of course are his strengths. Almost 90% disp. efficiency and played his role.

12 kicks, 7 handballs. 6 marks, 4 tackles and a goal are his stats on the matchday site.

Thoughts?

23 years old and still not sure about him.

Has big weaknesses in his game but the things he does well he does very well.

His lack of pace is really telling when the opposition have a fast break... his arms are pumping so hard but he just can't make up any ground on even the slower opposition players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've really liked his game this year, will never be a superstar but adds something to out backline that we need in a good kick ad intercept marking. He just needs to improve his defensive efforts when forced to man up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another player that is much maligned by supporters. He may not run out of sight on a dark night (neither did Tony Shaw) but he is a very good mark, and a nice kick and his tackling has improved. I thought he played well yesterday, on a day we didn't have many passengers.

Depth player, good chance to be delisted/traded at the end of the year.

He only has one trick. Admittedly, it's neat trick, a trick we need more of in the seniors, but a solitary trick nevertheless...

I think he has three tricks. He kicks really well, he wins enough of the ball to use that kick to help the team and he is a fantastic contested mark. Unfortunately his pace makes it difficult to play him in defense. His best role is wing and floating back to help out. I still want to see him stand up when it gets tough, because last year he disappeared in the important games. Still, he is very important to this team right now.

I think he's been fine all year to be honest.
Was a whipping boy last year but this year looks more confident in himself.

Probably been our most consistent back 6 player. That's not saying a whole heap this year but still , baby steps.

He is a genuine player! Has been since last year and at the moment is going beautifully for us. He is a very good mark, has excellent kicking and decision making and gets involved and finds the ball. His defensive work is also clearly improving. I've never understood the many posters who've consistently written him off as "pea hearted". He might not be Luke Hodge but he is already a valuable player for us and he's going to become much more so in future years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back