The Ashes

Remove this Banner Ad

much rather see wickets which offer something to the bowlers on the first day. That is test cricket.
You win the toss it takes some bravado to bat and you gamble that exactly this is not going to happen.
Now we see if the rest of the Australian bats have got what it takes with Smith out.

Clarke has to go

I'd be shocked if he didn't retire at the end of the series, but of course the question is whether he should play the final 2 tests. I love the guy and he's been almost superhuman since getting the captaincy but he's sadly a liability now. Not his fault, his back is rooted, but he's just a walking wicket now :(

Needs to do a Darren Glass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be shocked if he didn't retire at the end of the series, but of course the question is whether he should play the final 2 tests. I love the guy and he's been almost superhuman since getting the captaincy but he's sadly a liability now. Not his fault, his back is rooted, but he's just a walking wicket now :(

Needs to do a Darren Glass.
Yeah, he's a total liability. It's like playing with 10 batters, which is better than the first test when Watson and Haddin were still in the side - we were playing with eight batters then. We need contributors up the order and have Smith waiting in the wings for the captaincy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back