FTA-TV The Bachelor AU

Remove this Banner Ad

Did the Juan Pablo series ever air in Australia? I remember the ads, can't remember ever seeing the show!
i think it was on Go or GEM. He managed to offend every woman on the show, the audience and the host. Class act was Juan Pablo.

Why was Amber so freaken special she missed out on rose ceremony???

#wtf
This recap probably explains it a bit. Although, very tongue in cheek, but probably not far from the truth lol.

http://www.mamamia.com.au/rogue/the-bachelor-australia-2014-episode-11-recap/
Oh my glob. He is actually sending her home. He says he just knew there ‘wasn’t a spark’ with her, so he didn’t see the point in forcing her to sit through another rose ceremony. That is code for “We were actually petrified about how you might react, and Channel Ten’s insurance wouldn’t cover it, so I’m doing it here on the front lawn so I can push you straight into the car and run away.”

Ah Laurina, at first I respected that she wasn't going crazy over the bachelor until she got to know him (I do think in the early episodes some of the girls go a bit overboard, like Sam, but she's become really likable). But yeah, she's about as high maintenance as they come. I'd love a bowling + pie date :p

Weird to send Amber home because there's no spark, after no contact since the last episode. Not that I'm complaining or anything :p

Damn. I was looking forward to rose ceremony which eliminated Amber. Was expecting it to go something along the lines of...
hulk.gif

burning-house.jpg

I, for one will miss crazy Amber and her tantrums.

no surprises with Mary and Rachel gone. Lauren is the only late comer still amongst it.

Im quite surprised that Jess is bonding so well with Blake. She just seems a bit immature. Laurinas impersonation of her were good for some lols. Chantal will probably be the next to go. She could get a job as a commentator, cos i swear all we see her do on the show is analyse whats going on and give minute by minute updates to everything thats happening in the house.

Looks to be a definite top 4 with Louise, Lisa, Sam and Jess. Rest have no chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lisa's 27?!?!?!?!?! * off. :D Gimme a break.
Do you think she looks older? I think her voice makes her sound older, but because she isnt involved in any of the cattiness she gives off a more mature vibe.

I feel a bit sorry for Sam. For someone who has admittedly been burnt a few times in the past it would have taken a lot of courage to go on this quest. I get the feeling that her insecurity will see her walking home alone on this one too. She just isnt as level headed as the other front runners.

As for Zoe, surely she must realise theres no hope.

Everytime I watch this show, I am convinced more and more Lisa is actually a man.

I'm sorry, its just the voice!!!!! Shocker.
Really? Id prefer Lisas voice over Dianas. Im starting to think that maybe im the one with a weird taste in women, because i also thought Louises old fashioned look was hot! If i ever had the opportunity to meet either of those 2 girls, id romance the s**t out of em

Just my thoughts on some of the cast:

Blake - obviously what the women see in him is entirely cosmetic and he fits "their type". Personality-wise the dude is wooden and measured and he has a goofball laugh. Wait till the winning girl gets whisked away to Perth and discovers that he drives a VW Polo, has a maxed out CC and still gets his mum to do his washing. I suppose if you are 31, good on the eye and still single and looking for love there must be a reason why. Dud.

Laurina - yes she is high maintenance, but she is the only woman in the house with effortless beauty. I think she can be calm and rational in situations that others can't (although the pie cart didn't do her any favours). I don't think he deserves her and if she did win, she'd soon find out that he doesn't meet her very high expectations that were massaged by Channel 10's muscular production budget.

Lisa - yeah she sounds blokey but don't all girls from Queensland?

Jess - never in my life have I wanted to karate kick my TV into an oblivion. I am so sick of her sleepy-eyed, whimsical, dreamy ways. I can't wait till she goes on another single date and cops a whiff of one of Blake's farts and then looks down the barrel of the camera, in her dreary, mono-syllabic tone and says "It was a special moment, one that made time stop and the earth shake, our connection is growing stronger." I hope he picks her so she can become the baby factory/soccer mum that she is destined to be and they can slink off into suburbia.

Really? Id prefer Lisas voice over Dianas. Im starting to think that maybe im the one with a weird taste in women, because i also thought Louises old fashioned look was hot! If i ever had the opportunity to meet either of those 2 girls, id romance the s**t out of em
Skimming through this thread has made me realise that I must have the oddest taste. Of the remaining contestants I'd probably have Laurina last in looks now that Amber's gone. There's something about her that I find so unnatural. For me, her looks match her attitude. Definitely not my type.

In terms of looks I'd rank them: Jess > Louise > Lisa = Sam > Chantal = Zoe > Lauren > Laurina

Things that turn me off: Jess' dreaminess; Lisa's voice; Sam's bogan talk; Laurina's hypocrisy.

Things that I find strangely attractive: Jess when she widens her eyes (wtf?); Louise's helpfulness in the cake challenge; Louise doesn't bitch like the other girls; Sam looks smashing in most outfits; Chantal's commentary (Not sure why. Funniest of the bunch I guess).

Last edited:
Just my thoughts on some of the cast:

Blake - obviously what the women see in him is entirely cosmetic and he fits "their type". Personality-wise the dude is wooden and measured and he has a goofball laugh. Wait till the winning girl gets whisked away to Perth and discovers that he drives a VW Polo, has a maxed out CC and still gets his mum to do his washing. I suppose if you are 31, good on the eye and still single and looking for love there must be a reason why. Dud.
agreed. That slow laugh he does whenever one of the girls says anything is a bit fake. The bloke has been blessed with looks and he obviously hits the gym hard, but gee his personality is very dry. Typical 1 on 1 date involves him asking the girl if they are ready for love, have you been in love before, and how are they single.
Laurina - yes she is high maintenance, but she is the only woman in the house with effortless beauty. I think she can be calm and rational in situations that others can't (although the pie cart didn't do her any favours). I don't think he deserves her and if she did win, she'd soon find out that he doesn't meet her very high expectations that were massaged by Channel 10's muscular production budget.
what does effortless beauty mean? She looks like she has had one too many botox fillers to stay looking 20 something to me. Looks like she walked off the set of The Bold and the Beautful. That skydiving angle of her plastic blowing about everywhere was hilarious. Shes the type of girl that would stay skinny through eating fck all, because sweat is just too gross and below her and working out is not worthy of her precious time. Her calm and rational pretense that you see - what about the way she blew up at Jess? Laurina would be the most jealous girlfriend Blake ever would have. You could never socialize with any women at all.
Jess - never in my life have I wanted to karate kick my TV into an oblivion. I am so sick of her sleepy-eyed, whimsical, dreamy ways. I can't wait till she goes on another single date and cops a whiff of one of Blake's farts and then looks down the barrel of the camera, in her dreary, mono-syllabic tone and says "It was a special moment, one that made time stop and the earth shake, our connection is growing stronger." I hope he picks her so she can become the baby factory/soccer mum that she is destined to be and they can slink off into suburbia.
completely agree. She is a slightly more sane version of Diana. I think she is the best fit for Blake, because the pair of them ham up the whole lets fall in love and re-live The Notebook and stare at each others dreamy eyes til we fall asleep and dream about love.

Last edited:
In terms of looks I'd rank them: Jess > Louise > Lisa = Sam > Chantal = Zoe > Lauren > Laurina
Looks wise my order would be: Louise, Sam, Zoe, Lisa, Lauren, Jess, Laurina, Chantel
Personality order would be: Louise, Lauren, Lisa, Sam, Zoe, Jess, Chantel, Laurina.
Order i predict from first to last in the competition (Blakes rose ceremonies): Jess, Louise, Lisa, Laurina, Sam, Lauren, Chantel, Zoe.

I really like Laurens dorky nature. The sort of girl you would very quickly become comfortable around and not feel like you have to impress her for the first couple of months in the relationship. Shes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back