Society & Culture The BigFooty Guide to getting the woman of Your Desire (Part 7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find out who her favourite author is and get a book signed by them - give it to her as a present.

Actually did this for a woman once. Well, wasn't her favourite author, but it was an autobiography of someone she liked that I got signed in person.

The relationship lasted less than a month...

Actually did this for a woman once. Well, wasn't her favourite author, but it was an autobiography of someone she liked that I got signed in person.

The relationship lasted less than a month...
Because she got too busy reading to work on the relationship?

I would much rather take them to a tightarse tuesday movie date where you buy her a Grill'd burger and get your cheap movie tickets. $50 tops (including small popcorn).
There's nothing tight-arse about a $16 burger. You're also buying her a franchise dinner. You might as well take her to Hungry Jacks, Fonzie.

Do people actually pay for the girl when they go out on a date? I reckon I've split the bill 99% of the time.

You might as well take her to Hungry Jacks, Fonzie.
Or this place???

RGhc7V81qH8BWZ.jpg

Do people actually pay for the girl when they go out on a date? I reckon I've split the bill 99% of the time.

No harm in offering.

It's 2014. There should be a cheque dance.

You also need to remember that while all men are created equal, all women are anything but. Some will be offended if you try and pay for them, others will expect you to pay for everything all the time. The good ones will be somewhere in the middle.

Me and the gf usually split payments. Like, if we're going to dinner then the movies, one will pay for dinner, the other for movies. Probably doesn't make much difference when you count for cinema food, but it makes it easier than having to pay four separate transactions.

This is the way it should be, IMO.

It's not about breaking even or coming out ahead etc. but about relationship boundaries.

A few girls out there who want the best of both worlds from what I've seen.

My partner and I have always split payment, with the exception of, say, if it's one of our birthdays.

And we only have one birthday a year each, I'm pretty sure. So it all evens out.

When I was 'courting' her I bought her a few drinks every now and then, but certainly it was never just me paying for an entire night out.

If you're in a relationship, then I think things should even out. Or you split each bill. If you're dating, I think it's a bit different. The girl I'm seeing at the moment, I paid first up (let her buy me a drink) and then she paid for the second date (which I allowed, but it was a bit more casual/cheaper).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the thing to do. Otherwise you are letting her take advantage of you srs.

Although it all comes down to whether you are good looking/she likes you

Good looking guy offers to pay- Her thoughts "aw that's so sweet. he must really like me although he could have many girls"
Good looking guy doesn't offer to pay- Her thoughts "wow this guy is an alpha mack. he must not need to offer to pay to keep women interested"

Ugly guy offers to pay- Her thoughts "I bet he has to pay to keep girls interested. Got nothing else going for him""
Ugly guy doesn't offer to pay- Her thoughts "how rude! no wonder he couldn't find anyone else"

The thing with splitting payments is it can be a bit of an awkward thing. If they're a good mate then whatever, but when you're balancing two dollar coins and asking for three bucks back to even it out, it's just makes you look like a sponge – most of us aren't Kramer so you'll come across like George.

Saying that, I reckon I've met girls on nights out who have been more accommodating on the shout front than people I've known for years. The Shout is a very noble trait.

The thing with splitting payments is it can be a bit of an awkward thing. If they're a good mate then whatever, but when you're balancing two dollar coins and asking for three bucks back to even it out, it's just makes you look like a sponge – most of us aren't Kramer so you'll come across like George.

Saying that, I reckon I've met girls on nights out who have been more accommodating on the shout front than people I've known for years. The Shout is a very noble trait.
Yeah don't get me wrong, it's not something you do with every mate or girl. Sometimes you know what one mate is like so you won't pay for them. I had a friend who would always conveniently forget his wallet so I would never offer to pay for him especially as he's a frigging FIFO so he's got cash to spend.

The worst thing for me is when you know you paid last time for that person and you don't want to be the one that said, "it's your turns, I paid last time". I don't know about everyone else, but I have a mental list of who I owe and how much and always pay back my debts. I hate feeling like I owe something.

First dates wtc is different and I'm all for split bills in case they don't want a second.

Bill splitting is just social etiquette. Some get it, some don't.

If I buy you a beer the right thing to do is offer to buy me the next one. If we have a few rounds and it ends up 4-3 in your favour. Big whoop. If we just have one then assuming it's a regular thing the next time you should think 'hey I think I should buy the first round this time'. Some people are naturally generous and always want to buy the first round. That's OK, you should offer but not to the point of insulting their generosity. Some people always want to sit back and wait for others to buy rounds in the hope that they might get a couple of free beers and numbers will start to thin out, the session will come to an end (e.g. before a footy game etc.) and they'll get out of round duty. These are bad people. You don't want to drink with them.

The worst thing for me is when you know you paid last time for that person and you don't want to be the one that said, "it's your turns, I paid last time". I don't know about everyone else, but I have a mental list of who I owe and how much and always pay back my debts. I hate feeling like I owe something.
s**t act alright, because all of a sudden they've, to quote Leon Black, topsy turvied that mother*er. All of a sudden you are the sponge because you're having to ask them to front up. It's not about the money for me, it's just a few bucks, but it's the basic idea that you'd rip off your friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back