Society & Culture The BigFooty Guide to getting the woman of Your Desire (Part 7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd3afce1c3227ab7581a2529ed72dc0918.png

Naive to think it could work to begin with

It was working pretty well until this happened, not to say that I was never contemplating that something like that would happen. What I am not clear on is if she went through with it because the distance was making her lack certain things, and this was her way of forcing us to end.

It blew up in her face though with what the guy said about her after, so she felt pretty low that she put herself in the situation and it ruined us. I asked that if he hadn't turned out to be such a douche would she have dumped me FOR him and she said she didn't have an answer for that (I'm guessing yes). The funniest part was she said the sex was worse than she expected so it wasn't even worth it for that.

Sorry to hear X.

How old was she?

How old was he?

Where did you meet her?

Why was it long distance?

He was early 20's from what I know, not that it's something I specifically asked to...............

Met her locally, but she's actually based in America. I know I know I shouldn't have expected it to go anywhere, but it was nice and now I'm back to nothing again (guess I have the grand final to keep me company ? :( lol).

For the best - find a normal girl and have a proper relationship, stop getting sucked in with crazies.

Stratton_Gun want to take me out and hook me up ? :p

It's actually hard like I mentioned with the last situation - I can see something in them that not many others see... everyone else sees crazy, chaos, trouble ahead. Need a better radar obviously. In my life I've dated a self pain inflictor, someone with bad anxiety and girls with self esteem or body issues.

Stratton_Gun want to take me out and hook me up ?

It's actually hard like I mentioned with the last situation - I can see something in them that not many others see... everyone else sees crazy, chaos, trouble ahead. Need a better radar obviously. In my life I've dated a self pain inflictor, someone with bad anxiety and girls with self esteem or body issues.

Been there done that... worked out that I had some kind of white knight complex where I thought I could help/fix the issues a girl has but thankfully I have realised that I can't, if someone has issues like body image, anxiety etc it's up to them to work through those things.

Thankfully the white knight phase is behind me and I have a wonderful woman in my life now.

Been there done that... worked out that I had some kind of white knight complex where I thought I could help/fix the issues a girl has but thankfully I have realised that I can't, if someone has issues like body image, anxiety etc it's up to them to work through those things.

Thankfully the white knight phase is behind me and I have a wonderful woman in my life now.

Mind if I ask what the secret to that is ?

I know the simplest solution stop watching a certain football match so often and put myself out there more. I guess I've looked in the wrong places in the past, when I genuinely seek it...... it never happens. When it's all doom and gloom, I just get into the biggest funk and hate being in that mood.

The way I've personally witnessed some guys go after girls that caught their attention is borderline creepy. From my experiences the random encounter, a conversation with a random person sparks things into action rather than deliberately seeking someone. When I followed the advice of some others and did the online dating thing, I had some positive...... but mostly mixed results (leading it to be negative).

The white knight thing, makes a lot of sense - I don't find out about the "issues" until after dating them for awhile it's not like they come out with their life story in the beginning, it's a part of learning about someone as time goes on. There was only one instance where I knew about someone's problems ahead of time (someone that was physically abused in the past), I still went there and consider that to be the best relationship with someone that I ever had (from a physical and emotional level).

I can relate being drawn to the crazies, unfortunately. Sometimes you feel you can see a true proper person underneath all the crazy stuff, and indeed that was the case for my last proper relationship, and good times were very good. But geez it's a rollercoaster.

I doubt it's something that can ever be long lasting sadly.

Mind if I ask what the secret to that is?
I wish I knew . Probably just being more self aware and realising what I can and can't live with in a relationship.

If took a long time to work it out though.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the simplest solution stop watching a certain football match so often and put myself out there more. .

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Never thought I'd see the day X....

But srsly that is s**t- she shouldn't have done that to you. If she wanted to end it, end it- there is no reason to cheat.

I don't even know if she wanted it to end, but eerily enough the advice given about the last girl wayyy back then applies so well here as well. She literally jumped to a seemingly better option that was presented to her (aka taking the fastest path to her happiness) and it blew up in her face massively. Basically said that the guy told her everything she needed to hear and she fell for it.

Clearly I meant nothing to her, I have to get over it quick smart. Other people might be able to put on a brave face and on to the next chapter, I put my heart and soul into this area of my life and for it to just implode is soul crushing (feel free to laugh).

Rebound quickly man, I've had many, many bad experiences with women but rebound to take the pain away in the short term and don't let it effect you too much.
My current girlfriend is only like 7 weeks in but I've had issues with myself mentally with it because of previous bad experiences and I'm only now relaxing into it, not worth potentially ruining a good thing because someone else is a bad person.

I don't even know if she wanted it to end, but eerily enough the advice given about the last girl wayyy back then applies so well here as well. She literally jumped to a seemingly better option that was presented to her (aka taking the fastest path to her happiness) and it blew up in her face massively. Basically said that the guy told her everything she needed to hear and she fell for it.

Clearly I meant nothing to her, I have to get over it quick smart. Other people might be able to put on a brave face and on to the next chapter, I put my heart and soul into this area of my life and for it to just implode is soul crushing (feel free to laugh).

You're choosing people with issues, and allowing them to use you; people like that will always jump to the next best thing (perceived to be), when they get a chance.

Stop getting involved with these cluster*s.

No one's laughing at your heartbreak Xtreme! You're a different cat but most of us probably know what it feels like to be cheated on or at least dumped like that.

I used to always date men who were a bit of a cluster* too. Once I recognised it and knew what early signs to look for I was able to be more discerning. You'll get there, don't give up! Turn the bloody grand final off and go outside.

No one's laughing at your heartbreak Xtreme! You're a different cat but most of us probably know what it feels like to be cheated on or at least dumped like that.

I used to always date men who were a bit of a cluster**** too. Once I recognised it and knew what early signs to look for I was able to be more discerning. You'll get there, don't give up! Turn the bloody grand final off and go outside.
Cluster ****. Please explain? Lol.

Hey Xtreme I used to date this girl that put the hard word on me for kids after three months of hanging out. Incredibly loyal, pretty cute, batshit insane... You want her deets?

Context is key, funnier when referring to the previous person i was interested in.

This one, children and marriage were not discussed at all.

If it wasn't a test or a chance to laugh at my expense I'd say hell yes.

Even though it defeats the purpose (can't meet anyone while hibernating) and am longing for the true stress free relationship. I will be keeping to myself for a while, mentally fried from both experiences this year.

Even though it defeats the purpose (can't meet anyone while hibernating) and am longing for the true stress free relationship. I will be keeping to myself for a while, mentally fried from both experiences this year.
Good idea. The best decision I ever made was to stay single for a year and reset my life...yeah, it stretched out to two years with a few non-serious flings along the way, but it did me the world of good.

If it wasn't a test or a chance to laugh at my expense I'd say hell yes.

I'm a prick but not that much of a prick.

Power to ya, man. What you're about to find is that the more you shut yourself off to dating, the more chicks will dig you. Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back