• H3 Kristy & Brett

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H5 Eliza & Liberty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They cover all that off camera
Yeh but what im saying is that commercial trades (especially services) have limits on their liability, indemnity, workcover etc etc.

Given these jobs are treated like commercial builds and not domestic builds id be stunned if a plumber going on to block who is self employed could afford to have 20m per incident capped at $100m for liability and indeminty.

Hence is Brett was a plumber for example id be shocked if hes covered to do any major connection works. Maybe they can fit off taps and shit but waterproofing, major plumbing and waste, i cant think of a single non commercial builder who would have caps high enough.

Yeh but what im saying is that commercial trades (especially services) have limits on their liability, indemnity, workcover etc etc.

Given these jobs are treated like commercial builds and not domestic builds id be stunned if a plumber going on to block who is self employed could afford to have 20m per incident capped at $100m for liability and indeminty.

Hence is Brett was a plumber for example id be shocked if hes covered to do any major connection works. Maybe they can fit off taps and s**t but waterproofing, major plumbing and waste, i cant think of a single non commercial builder who would have caps high enough.
I think it’s more the time constraints on the contestants that don’t allow them to do their trade. Last year we had Tom, he was a plumber but didn’t do any major plumbing work because he was running his site, project managing and doing challenges that took him away from site. It’s a bit of a fantasy to think ok I’m a plumber and I’m going to do all the plumbing work on my build.

Looking back at the past 2 seasons .

Only Danny ..Lambo guy ..the main 2 with cash.

I think to add more people into the pool.

Fix up / build smaller types of houses ...maybe around the 2 mil price range .
Focus on the houses less BS ...

Making it big and bigger prices people out ..

?????????????????????????????

Not For Me No GIF by Australian Conservation Foundation

**** it, just give them a 20 square block like most peoples houses are and give them nothing and see what they can do with it in 12 weeks. At least make it realisitic like all us other average punters go through and if they can win 10k as a prize then good, its about all any of these 5 couples deserve for 12 weeks work

Looking back at the past 2 seasons .

Only Danny ..Lambo guy ..the main 2 with cash.

I think to add more people into the pool.

Fix up / build smaller types of houses ...maybe around the 2 mil price range .
Focus on the houses less BS ...

Making it big and bigger prices people out ..

?????????????????????????????

Not For Me No GIF by Australian Conservation Foundation

How many active buyers are there for a day for spending north of $15m in one particular suburb on one particular Saturday are there really?

* it, just give them a 20 square block like most peoples houses are and give them nothing and see what they can do with it in 12 weeks. At least make it realisitic like all us other average punters go through and if they can win 10k as a prize then good, its about all any of these 5 couples deserve for 12 weeks work

Don't mind this ..^^^🏡

Time to ditch the Auctions and do a Private Sale that isn’t live. The whole show is pre recorded including the final sales except we get a behind the scenes look at how the Agents manage the sale.

Think ‘Show the Money’ about the AFL Draft that has been on Stan the past 2 years

Time to ditch the Auctions and do a Private Sale that isn’t live. The whole show is pre recorded including the final sales except we get a behind the scenes look at how the Agents manage the sale.

Think ‘Show the Money’ about the AFL Draft that has been on Stan the past 2 years

Colin Young enters the chat ..

If they want everyone to make money and get more buyers interested why don’t they drop the reserves? Nine would be making a shit tonne of money anyway.

Unless 9 are trying to recoup the money they spent on construction. You can almost guarantee they would be spending at least a million per property this season.

I've said this in the past, they could re-do the last weeks of the show in to somewhat of a secondary challenge for agents to manage a private sale and achieve the best result. They could delve in to the process of sale, what marketing ideas they could go to, a whole series of other aspects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they want everyone to make money and get more buyers interested why don’t they drop the reserves? Nine would be making a s**t tonne of money anyway.

Unless 9 are trying to recoup the money they spent on construction. You can almost guarantee they would be spending at least a million per property this season.

Here's one reason:

I quite enjoyed show me the money, more because it made it abundantly clear that any ****ing idiot can be a player agent, those blokes honestly do **** all until trade week and then “work” about 15 minutes a day during trade week.

Also, I didn’t watch last season so I don’t know who these two deadshits are but they can definitely piss into the wind.

I quite enjoyed show me the money, more because it made it abundantly clear that any ******* idiot can be a player agent, those blokes honestly do * all until trade week and then “work” about 15 minutes a day during trade week.

Also, I didn’t watch last season so I don’t know who these two deadshits are but they can definitely piss into the wind.

Huh?!

You didn’t watch that documentary Jerry McGuire?

Huh?!

You didn’t watch that documentary Jerry McGuire?
Jerry actually made it seem like there was some degree of work involved, sponsorships and deals and the like, this version the blokes just took one phone call at the start of the day, went to the pub for a 6 hour lunch, then made a call 10 minutes before the deadline that a deal was or wasn’t happening.

Bobby Hill got stranded at GWS and his manager was like “eh, what are you gonna do”. It was mildly hilarious.

I quite enjoyed show me the money, more because it made it abundantly clear that any ******* idiot can be a player agent, those blokes honestly do * all until trade week and then “work” about 15 minutes a day during trade week.

Oz & Omar want a public apology

Yeh…

You have to consider it's the business model of The Block that just the interest generated by the TV show will overinflate the prices of the houses (which is why they can spend $14 million to buy them in the first place). They will always sell above what the actual market is for that reason. The interesting time will be some years from now if the new owners decide to sell. Will they get their money back or make a profit? Given that location, I don't think so.

Back